Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good mechanic in eastern long island?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 09:56 AM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,025 Likes on 540 Posts

Default good mechanic in eastern long island?

tried posting this a while back, didn't really get anywhere, so posting in here.

Need some work done on my '67 and my '00 'vettes. looking for someone reputable out in Suffolk/eastern long island. Any recommendations? I'm aware of vette doctors.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:25 AM
OUTAKTRL
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Not sure what type of work u need but u can try giving Chuck from Covettes of Westchester a call.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:36 PM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by OUTAKTRL
Not sure what type of work u need but u can try giving Chuck from Covettes of Westchester a call.
he's in eastern long island, ny?
Old 11-23-2014, 01:38 PM
OUTAKTRL
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Westchester
Old 11-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by JMG2
tried posting this a while back, didn't really get anywhere, so posting in here.

Need some work done on my '67 and my '00 'vettes. looking for someone reputable out in Suffolk/eastern long island. Any recommendations? I'm aware of vette doctors.
What kind of work?
Old 11-23-2014, 09:35 PM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by OUTAKTRL
Westchester
I'm on long island. Eastern long island. Westchester is almost 2 hours away from me, without traffic.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:37 PM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Dave concrete
What kind of work?
I'd say basic stuff, right now I need to replace a lug nut on one of the wheels, re run some break lines, and put in a new fuel line (on the '67). I know this is basic stuff, but I'd prefer to bring it to someone who is used to working on mid years. Same type of stuff on my '00. maybe a supercharger odwn the road :-)
Old 11-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Dave concrete
Race Director

I'd say basic stuff, right now I need to replace a lug nut on one of the wheels, re run some break lines, and put in a new fuel line (on the '67). I know this is basic stuff, but I'd prefer to bring it to someone who is used to working on mid years. Same type of stuff on my '00. maybe a supercharger odwn the road :-)
Vette Dreams in West Babylon. His name is Dominic and they specialize in 50's and 60's vettes. The guy is a National flight restorer and once a judge . No one knows these cars like him.631 661 4613
As for the blower on the 00' take it once to ECS and don't look back.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:56 AM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Vette Dreams in West Babylon. His name is Dominic and they specialize in 50's and 60's vettes. The guy is a National flight restorer and once a judge . No one knows these cars like him.631 661 4613
huh.. I've been out in Ronkonkoma for almost 10 years, first time I've heard of these guys. I'll shoot them an email, thanks!
Old 11-24-2014, 11:03 AM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

I see they do painting too... would you recommend them for that as well? I've already pretty much set on using a guy in ease meadow, but still willing to consider options.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:37 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

I see they do painting too... would you recommend them for that as well? I've already pretty much set on using a guy in ease meadow, but still willing to consider options.
Of coarse for painting as I stated he's a restorer. Also if you needed a painter the guy who just painted mine is in Deer Park. That guy as well was great. But when it comes to the fuel and brake lines Vette Dreams he eats and craps older vettes.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Forgot to say make sure the East Meadow shop has knowledge on painting real fiberglass. Both shops I recommend to you do. I would say there is not to many guys no more then vette dreams on painting and restoring vettes considering at any given time there is a dozen in his shop mainly C1 And C2's. The Deer Park shop is as well their a old school style shop.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:18 PM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Forgot to say make sure the East Meadow shop has knowledge on painting real fiberglass. Both shops I recommend to you do. I would say there is not to many guys no more then vette dreams on painting and restoring vettes considering at any given time there is a dozen in his shop mainly C1 And C2's. The Deer Park shop is as well their a old school style shop.

Yeah, I've seen the work the guy in east meadow does -- he's done a ton of midyears, really knows his stuff. He's great, but pricey, and doesn't have availability until the end of the summer.

I'm checking out a place in Hicksville tomorrow morning, may as well add vette dreams to the list.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Yeah, I've seen the work the guy in east meadow does -- he's done a ton of midyears, really knows his stuff. He's great, but pricey, and doesn't have availability until the end of the summer.

I'm checking out a place in Hicksville tomorrow morning, may as well add vette dreams to the list.
You can check out my car if you want I'm minutes from Ronkonkoma. The shop in Deer Park painted it. Like I said Vette Dreams the repair work for him is a joke he might even have the parts in stock. Havn't been there in a while but last time he had 11 vettes in there most were C1's all concourse cars. I'm amazed what people spend on a restoration car, even more amazing what it takes to make a concourse car.

Get notified of new replies

To good mechanic in eastern long island?

Quick Reply: good mechanic in eastern long island?