Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 06:32 AM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by momo20
this is my honest opinion to the OP of this thread, while I think it looks good, I think in my opinion would look better with flip up head lights, and a full C5 emblem on the front..as well as a blacked out grill. I really think if those were done it would look leaps and bounds better..but its not my car...and if that is what make's you happy then that is all that matter's right!
100%
Old 12-20-2014, 12:56 PM
scottieg74
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mstromquist
I actually know the guy that makes these bumper covers and I thought about getting one made when he first started making them. I just couldn't get the C6 front side marker lights out of my mind. The cover does look good but I still can't get to liking the side lights. I do like the overall look though.

I went with clear side marker lights.. if you dont like them what about blacking themout? That would give it a completely different look
Old 12-20-2014, 01:02 PM
scottieg74
Racer

Originally Posted by momo20
this is my honest opinion to the OP of this thread, while I think it looks good, I think in my opinion would look better with flip up head lights, and a full C5 emblem on the front..as well as a blacked out grill. I really think if those were done it would look leaps and bounds better..but its not my car...and if that is what make's you happy then that is all that matter's right!

I respect your opinion. Im still not done with the grill. I might install a mesh kit that covers the grill area, and the fog lights. I still have tge pop ups and at sone time might put them back. Im just not a fan of the pop up lights think they look horrible.

That being said there is a forum vendor that sells a a pop up light that diesnt pop up as high as stock. I think those look awesome. Its just more than im willing to spend. Because there are to many things id rather do for thr price of those lights
Old 12-20-2014, 01:07 PM
scottieg74
Racer

Originally Posted by ZachHasAVette
is that the same bumper as the red one pictured? they look different but i can't tell if its because of the different angles and/or the fixed headlights. i agree with momo20, the pop up headlights, full emblem and blackout out grill would look better in my opinion, like the red one
Yes the bumper cover is the same as the red car. Only differences being.

The angle of the pics are differnt
Headlights pop ups vs fixed
the emblems on both cars are the same thry are not different
Old 12-20-2014, 01:32 PM
scottieg74
Racer

Originally Posted by red03vette
Well so far so good. Looking forward to seeing some daylight pics.

Heres some daytime pics
Attached Images   
Old 12-20-2014, 03:11 PM
red03vette
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by scottieg74
Heres some daytime pics
I like it stands out from the crowd and looks like a job well done. 👍 what is most important, is that you love it!
For my money the C5 is one of the best looking sports cars out there period, stock or modded, I just love the look! For myself I don't think I would change the look too much, thinking of adding a chin and rear spoilers in the future to update the look just a little. 😊
Old 12-20-2014, 03:50 PM
scottieg74
Racer

Originally Posted by red03vette
I like it stands out from the crowd and looks like a job well done. 👍 what is most important, is that you love it!
For my money the C5 is one of the best looking sports cars out there period, stock or modded, I just love the look! For myself I don't think I would change the look too much, thinking of adding a chin and rear spoilers in the future to update the look just a little. 😊

Very hard to argue with that kind of logic. I love the C5. I have a 17 year old car and still think it's one of the most beautiful cars made to date.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Wetrudgeon
Pro

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Very nicely done. Like the look of this, but agree with a poster above that the original C5 headlights look a bit better. The C5 body style is (in our opinion, anyway) simply the most gorgeous of all the generations. If we owned one, we would not care to venture too far from the original C5 look.

Our $.02.

We trudge on.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:11 PM
scottieg74
Racer

Originally Posted by Wetrudgeon
Very nicely done. Like the look of this, but agree with a poster above that the original C5 headlights look a bit better. The C5 body style is (in our opinion, anyway) simply the most gorgeous of all the generations. If we owned one, we would not care to venture too far from the original C5 look.

Our $.02.

We trudge on.

I value all opinions and feel everyones entitled to them. I appreciate you sharing yours :-)
Old 12-20-2014, 06:31 PM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

OP, I like that you had a vision and followed it through. It is a professional looking alteration. Of the two front ends, the ZR or the C5.5, I do prefer the C5.5. Are you going to alter the rear end too?
Old 12-20-2014, 06:45 PM
scottieg74
Racer

I looked into the zr bumper cover first. Every review of it on this forum and other places was horrendous. I tried calling a few of the companies making the bumper. There customer service was horrible. Getting them to answer questions was like pulling teeth. All the reviews said it was a piece of crap with a lousy fit.

Then i found the c5.5 bumper cover. The company had good reviews. I asked tons of questions before buying it. They answered each and every question. Easilly sent over a dozen emails before buying.

The guy even went as far as giving me his personal cell number if i had any questions about installation.

I do not have any body work experience at all. I've do not have a lot of mechanical experience working on cars at all. Im much more of an electrical guy. That being said. Im not bad with tools and have a somewgat mechanical inclination.

I installed this bumper myself alone with no other helping hands. It went on easily. I installed the fog/driving lights and side markers myself. I also modified the lighting harnesses so they all plug into c6 fog lights and side markers. I didn't cut up my harness at all.

I might change the rear bumper cover as well. Problem with the c5 vette is there are so many worthwhile projects and upgrades competing for our available budgets.

Last edited by scottieg74; 12-20-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:41 PM
84REDCROSSFIRE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Merry christmas

Its smiling at me!
Attached Images   
Old 12-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Mike94ZLT1
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Anyone know who makes this kit? That bumper is not the 2F bumper, it has the Z06 cutouts on the bottom. Who makes the rear bumper? At first I thought it was QuikZ06's, but his uses the stock C5 tail lights. It kind of looks like a really good photoshop, especially the back end on that side view picture where it gets real narrow after the rear tire.

Originally Posted by scottieg74
Heres some daytime pics
Looks pretty good, but it would look a lot better if you spent some time aligning the front bumper with the hood and fenders, and then adjusted the headlights so they line up properly and the gaps are even all the way around.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:17 AM
scottieg74
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1

Anyone know who makes this kit? That bumper is not the 2F bumper, it has the Z06 cutouts on the bottom. Who makes the rear bumper? At first I thought it was QuikZ06's, but his uses the stock C5 tail lights. It kind of looks like a really good photoshop, especially the back end on that side view picture where it gets real narrow after the rear tire.

Looks pretty good, but it would look a lot better if you spent some time aligning the front bumper with the hood and fenders, and then adjusted the headlights so they line up properly and the gaps are even all the way around.
Im not done with the headlights. Thry are going to be aligned and centered properly. I just needed to hold off until car was,painted and a new fender was put on. Before aligning everything. But once everything is properly aligned ill post new pics :-)
Old 12-21-2014, 04:54 AM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

Its tough to say what looks worse to me. The tiger shark or the C5.5

Both pretty much look like crap. There really is no improving on the OEM design. Its beautiful from the factory.

Last edited by Crosis; 12-21-2014 at 04:57 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:06 AM
scottieg74
Racer

Originally Posted by Crosis
Its tough to say what looks worse to me. The tiger shark or the C5.5

Both pretty much look like crap. There really is no improving on the OEM design. Its beautiful from the factory.
Im sure everyone appreciates and values your opinion. But it takes a piece of crap to recognize one ;-) haha happy holidays thanks for sharing :-)
Old 12-21-2014, 08:31 AM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 253 Posts

Here is the link with more pics to the Red Z06 above's add. The more I look at it the more I love it....http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4762198551.html

Last edited by jdvann; 12-21-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 97 white vette with c5.5 bumper cover and fixed headlights

Old 12-21-2014, 12:36 PM
BamaJ
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My honest opinion: Don't like it at all, and that's saying it politely. Can't stand to see uneven gaps between body panels......that just screams cheap, poorly designed parts or unskilled installation, or maybe both. If a mfg can't make a part or accessory that FITS on my car properly, it won't stay on my car & I'll be demanding my money back. And for pete's sake at least get the butchered C5 emblem CENTERED on the nose. Anyone can see it's too far to the right. Once again, the fact that it's not positioned correctly immediately tells me that someone has been monkeying with it and didn't take the time or have the skill to do it right. Sorry for the harsh critique, but it just blows my mind what some people do to these nice cars.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

That's another way to **** up the car and make it fugly.. If that what you were going for you won. Congrats!!
Old 12-21-2014, 06:23 PM
scottieg74
Racer

Originally Posted by Chicago1
That's another way to **** up the car and make it fugly.. If that what you were going for you won. Congrats!!
Glad to win ;-) cars are like women. What one guy thinks is fugly. Another guy thinks is hot. I personally hate the front bumper cover on the c5 think its ugly and boring. I hate the piece of **** pop up lights that are inadequate for night driving. Pop up lights are problematic and fail way to often. They are very heavy and only look good when down. Thry look like **** when up .. but i bet you think thry are awesome and work great. Thats what makes c5 vettes so awesome. You can change and or modify what you dont like. So you can keep your cookie cutter dime a dozen c5 front end im happy with mine looking different from yours. Thanks fir your opinion and happy holidays :-)

Quick Reply: 97 white vette with c5.5 bumper cover and fixed headlights