Sponsored by:

Corvette Upgrade Side Skirts for C5

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 09:38 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

Default Corvette Upgrade Side Skirts for C5

Anybody familiar with the company Corvette Upgrade. They make fiberglass body parts. They have side skirts for C5's that look similar to many other brands at a price that is much more reasonable. I'm interested in them but I know nothing about their fit and quality. Anybody ever use any of their parts and could give a quick review?

Last edited by Tact; 12-26-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:00 AM
oldschoolvette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took a look

interesting

not sure of the fit

could be interesting way to go
Old 12-25-2014, 10:25 AM
BLEKVET
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 150 Posts

The side skirts look like "after thoughts" to me rather than a clean, integrated design. Of course, you are the only one who needs to like them. Good luck !
Old 12-25-2014, 11:42 AM
mre1974
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 186 Posts

Hey Striper...how's life up in NJ? I see we still have "twin" Vettes and wheels. Not sure which skirts you're looking at but they have a set that looks really similar to some of the skirts other venders offer on here but at a better price point. Can't speak to the fit or quality of the products but I'd certainly look into a set of these.

Last edited by Tact; 12-26-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:15 PM
calguy
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

Whew....You scared me for a minute.
All kinds of crazy thoughts were going through my head, and none of them good.
Being an old timer, "skirts" to me meant side fender skirts which were popular on many cars as I was growing up.
The thought of someone putting "skirts" on a Corvette was about all I could take, so I had to read this thread.
Wow, what a relief.

Bob.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:45 PM
striper
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mre1974
Hey Striper...how's life up in NJ? I see we still have "twin" Vettes and wheels. Not sure which skirts you're looking at but they have a set that looks really similar to some of the skirts other venders offer on here but at a better price point. Can't speak to the fit or quality of the products but I'd certainly look into a set of these.
Life is not too bad up here with the lack of snow we've been having, though my plow truck is impatiently waiting to push some around since I finally got it fixed up. The side skirts look good in the pics but I know nothing else about them. Found about them from a search on e-bay. Price is very good and they are even within driving distance to pick up. Regarding the comments about them looking aftermarket, does anyone know that they were originally designed by John Cafaro, who was also the designer of the C5, as a GM part. His friend, John Caravaggio, was the first to offer them retail when Cafaro sold him his molds. All others are basically copies of the originals. I was hoping to find out how well people think they are made and how they fit. The price is very attractive, especially since I've always felt many other brands seemed overpriced. And my car still looks like we're twins.

Last edited by Tact; 12-26-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:51 PM
striper
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by calguy
Whew....You scared me for a minute.
All kinds of crazy thoughts were going through my head, and none of them good.
Being an old timer, "skirts" to me meant side fender skirts which were popular on many cars as I was growing up.
The thought of someone putting "skirts" on a Corvette was about all I could take, so I had to read this thread.
Wow, what a relief.

Bob.
I did mean "fender" skirts. I'm also going to lower the rear, put on lakes pipes and dual antennas. Picture that! I guess we're in the same age group, I remember all that too. And dragstrips had people waving flags at the starting line.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:25 AM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,963 Likes on 1,055 Posts

I haven't seen Volkswagen beetle running boards on a Corvette before. The company has done a nice job on them.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:16 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,232 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Have never heard of that vendor, but looking at the products the prices seem reasonable. Can't speak for the quality of the products nor the fit, but since you say they are within driving distance from you, could be worth a road trip to check them out. I'd call and see if they have some cars there that have the mods installed that you are interested in for you to look at.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Upgrade Side Skirts for C5

Quick Reply: Corvette Upgrade Side Skirts for C5