Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 09:19 PM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

Originally Posted by donald4972
OP, adding one thought to what Jack said about the C5 Z06 cat back titanium's: they will never rust, or wear out. If you find the cash for a set, you may never need any others. And they work with higher horsepower applications. So if later, you up the power of your engine, the Ti's will still serve you well. Many SuperCharged C5's are running the Ti's.

good luck whatever you do,
Don
I just picked up a set of Z06 Ti's, just got them and have not installed yet. I don't want to run with a hole in my OEM pipes, I'm not big on that idea. I like Corsa Sport, but I don't like the $1200 to $1400 price tag. Prices for used Ti's ranged from $600 to $250. The guy selling them for $600 was a junk yard, claimed that was his discounted price . I found several sets at $350 in fact there's a set in central VA right now. There were a couple sets in the $300 -$250 range, and that's what I picked up.

Last edited by roadbike56; 01-29-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:32 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
Problem...??? IM not the only one who says you make no sense... you don't show a picture with bypass tubes and then say that's where you drill the holes.. The only problem I see is your ability to communicate is extremely poor.. anyone with any sense would go on line and use a picture without bypass tubes.. there are hundreds of them ON line.. with stock exhausts..
Okay ...well....im a bit puzzled and taken back by your rude response, I knew my suggestion of cutting/drilling holes in the exhaust would **** a few people off , but I didn't think it would be you.

I did write a nice rude response in return but whats the point, ill just keep it civil and respectful.

I really didn't think I had to baby step with people here, I thought it was obvious that I simply cut and pasted the original photo used and just circled where I drilled my holes.

Anyways O.P like I said , the drilling a hole method does work, it shoots all of the exhaust fumes in a rear direction, out and away from the car, so don't listen to any ******** about fumes or health risks.

Im also on a budget, and this solved all of my exhaust woes for the time being.

Here is a photo of a stock exhaust and where I drilled, Just in case a few people are still confused.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 1Willy1; 01-29-2015 at 11:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DrRaySomeDay (01-17-2016)
Old 01-30-2015, 12:49 AM
vette48
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*****; Thanks for the pics of the exhaust holes.. But in my state we have a state inspection and a emission inspection ... If you did that your car would fail both state and emission inspections because of holes in your exhaust.. good idea if you dont have to pass 2 inspections....They really do check the exhaust here for any leaks, and if they do find the holes, carbon monoxide fumes could get into the car ....... You fail and then they write up a disposition form and then you must have the car re inspected in a time frame of 30 days.... guess it depends on where you live each state is different... Paying for the inspections twice is the cost for a used z 0 6 exhaust ... my 2 cents good luck
Old 01-30-2015, 09:09 AM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by vette48
*****; Thanks for the pics of the exhaust holes.. But in my state we have a state inspection and a emission inspection ... If you did that your car would fail both state and emission inspections because of holes in your exhaust.. good idea if you dont have to pass 2 inspections....They really do check the exhaust here for any leaks, and if they do find the holes, carbon monoxide fumes could get into the car ....... You fail and then they write up a disposition form and then you must have the car re inspected in a time frame of 30 days.... guess it depends on where you live each state is different... Paying for the inspections twice is the cost for a used z 0 6 exhaust ... my 2 cents good luck
Oh fair enough then buddy

Here we have emission testing but they don't really inspect your exhaust, they just check the dash for codes or engine lights and if all is good they send you on your way.

Id go with that bypass mod in that case, it will probably give you the same results and it looks much cleaner and properly done.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:46 AM
F&Yb0dluvr
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can get a Mangaflow magnapack for around $500 now. I paid $560 for mine 2 years ago and in the C5 Corvette exhaust world that's a bargain compared to systems that cost over double that don't sound or perform as good as it comes with an X pipe..here is a clip with stock manifolds and cats my previous car was a 99' that had long tubes and Corsas and it did not sound as good...
Attached Images  
Old 01-31-2015, 03:57 AM
DreamVetteC5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ti exhaust

Originally Posted by roadbike56
I just picked up a set of Z06 Ti's, just got them and have not installed yet. I don't want to run with a hole in my OEM pipes, I'm not big on that idea. I like Corsa Sport, but I don't like the $1200 to $1400 price tag. Prices for used Ti's ranged from $600 to $250. The guy selling them for $600 was a junk yard, claimed that was his discounted price . I found several sets at $350 in fact there's a set in central VA right now. There were a couple sets in the $300 -$250 range, and that's what I picked up.
If you know of any ti exhausts for sale, please pm me
Old 02-02-2015, 09:29 AM
95rtturbo
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamVetteC5
If you know of any ti exhausts for sale, please pm me
Check in the parts for sale section - plenty of them there.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:42 AM
standup triple
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I was curious if someone could give me a price on the labor that I could expect to pay a shop to have this done for me ? I was quoted 180.00 to do the By Pass and that seemed to be somewhat high to me as I was thinking maybe 100- 125 ?? Any comments ?
Old 08-13-2020, 10:33 AM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,111 Likes on 1,939 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '21-'22

Originally Posted by standup triple
I was curious if someone could give me a price on the labor that I could expect to pay a shop to have this done for me ? I was quoted 180.00 to do the By Pass and that seemed to be somewhat high to me as I was thinking maybe 100- 125 ?? Any comments ?
Do you have a Ti exhaust or a steel exhaust. It's definitely going to be more expensive to weld Ti. If it is steel, I think $180 is a bit high, but might not be awful depending on where you live. Also, this thread is SUPER old.

Quick Reply: Economically wise exhaust suggestions