Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be careful on Craigslist - You could lose your life!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 04:35 PM
cessna10
cesssna10
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 3boystoys
Where did you get that? The ones the innocence project does might, but in general they are public defenders paid by the state.
So what you are saying is the state of georgia convicts
of the death penalty and then appoints a state public
defender to file an appeal of their own conviction.
BRILLIANT
Old 01-29-2015, 04:36 PM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Please read what I said again. You are obviously not paying attention if this is what you got from it.

I'll even give you a little help:
And if you read what the colors mean, you'll understand what I said!
Old 01-29-2015, 04:37 PM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cessna10
BRILLIANT
Public defender is probably used most of the time from the beginning in these cases since many don't have the money for much of a defence against a murder conviction.
Yep, that's why it's cheaper to keep them for life.
What do you think 5,10, 20 yrs of appeals cost the state? Then there are the people in the court, the Judges, bailiffs, court reporters,.....

Last edited by 3boystoys; 01-29-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

And if you read what the colors mean, you'll understand what I said!
I did. Orange and brown are included in those states that have the death penalty, so they must be included in the total count, of which there are more above the Mason-Dixon line than there are below. If you really want to get technical, yellow states are included in that as well, making the count for those states north and west even higher.

Maybe you should read what the colors mean again.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:41 PM
cessna10
cesssna10
Support Corvetteforum!

Yep, that's why it's cheaper to keep them for life.

Both side end up getting PAID by the State!
Arguing with you is the definition of insanity,
NO DOUBT< YOU ARE THE SMARTEST GUY ON THE FORUM.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:42 PM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Arguing with you is the definition of insanity,
NO DOUBT< YOU ARE THE SMARTEST GUY ON THE FORUM.
Sweet, thanks!
Old 01-29-2015, 04:43 PM
jeff7251954
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

A lot, most people "down there" think life is as simple as you guilty, let's kill you NOW. Glad we got rid of the death penalty here.
3boy,
Did you really just post that comment?
Old 01-29-2015, 04:44 PM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jeff7251954
3boy,
Did you really just post that comment?
What, you gonna get your gun out and start shooting?
Old 01-29-2015, 04:45 PM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
I did. Orange and brown are included in those states that have the death penalty, so they must be included in the total count, of which there are more above the Mason-Dixon line than there are below. If you really want to get technical, yellow states are included in that as well, making the count for those states north and west even higher.

Maybe you should read what the colors mean again.
The RED ones are the ones CURRENTLY KILLING PEOPLE and most of those ARE IN THE SOUTH.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:50 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

BRILLIANT
The public defenders office may be paid by the state, but they work for the client. They handle appeals all the time.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:54 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

The RED ones are the ones CURRENTLY KILLING PEOPLE and most of those ARE IN THE SOUTH.
Let's look at this using a different map; one that is easier to determine which states have active death penalty laws and those that do not. This map clearly shows the south is the minority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital...ted_States.svg

And for the record, your map shows seven states above the Mason-Dixon, with six below, so you're wrong either way.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:43 PM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

He'd just be hanging out on his cross where the rednecks of his day put him.
I didn't realize the Romans were rednecks. Must have been southern Romans...
Romans believed in one big central government overseeing all their empire. What liberals would love to institute here.

Last edited by laurent_zo6; 01-30-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:56 PM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JR-01
Romans believed in a massive military spreading their influence all over the world.
I don't remember Romans liberating many countries but maybe my history book is missing a few pages.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:59 PM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Who have we liberated lately?
Who did the Romans liberate?
Old 01-30-2015, 01:02 PM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Never said they liberated any.
Never said they liberated anyone lately.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:48 PM
cessna10
cesssna10
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Meeting place

Our county sheriffs department has advised residents that if they have to meet a stranger arrange the meeting in their headquarters
parking lot. Hats off to them.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:32 PM
JayTee72
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
they may have caught him but our legal system won't do what should be done to him and most other criminals for that matter... they won't execute these scumbags because it's "inhumane" but yeah it's soooo humane for criminals to rob, rape, and murder innocent people... there is no justice system anymore, it's more like wile e coyote and the road runner... they eventually catch them then end up letting them go, almost like our judicial system wants this stuff to keep happening so they aren't out of a job

You want your "rights"?? Go murder somebody, and you'll see our 'justice' system fight for you in ways that the ordinary, tax-paying, law-abiding citizen could only dream of.

Get notified of new replies

To Be careful on Craigslist - You could lose your life!

Old 01-30-2015, 05:35 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by JayTee72

You want your "rights"?? Go murder somebody, and you'll see our 'justice' system fight for you in ways that the ordinary, tax-paying, law-abiding citizen could only dream of.
I don't know where you live, but here if you murder someone you go away for a long time.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:45 PM
killain
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 510 Likes on 310 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
Oldtimer

Default Craigslist and poor decisions ?

Originally Posted by neutron82
I have bought and sold many items on craigslist but I know better and am armed every single time I meet someone and if I get any hint of sketchyness then I just quit communicating with them, it isn't worth the small amount of money to me... it just sucks that there are such sh*tty people out there these days and they always seem to prey on defenseless victims... I know it is impossible to put an end to these crimes which would be the best solution but since that can't happen it makes you wish it would happen to people more prepared and maybe we would have one less criminal like that to deal with and slowly but surely that would make this world a better place to live in

At this present time I would never let a great priced item change my fears. The Mid-Atlantic states & regions are awash in Flood cars. My neighbor was about last summer to buy a 2012 Dodge 4X4 quad cab pickup in Silver. he asked me to come over and look at it. Well I no more got down my front 4 steps and out the driveway and across the street that it hit me, damn thing didn't look right, The pain on the passengers side bed look kinda of off and there was damage on the drivers side of the bed. And this is a family Dodge, a good size Dodge dealer.

I looked it over and the one thing the smacked me in the face, was the carpet. All around the drivers seat the carpet was completely gone , just the base weaving of the black carpeting around was left around the seat, about 4-5 inches. Now I've seen lots of old cars and old carpeting, but I've never seen a area so small and this in a place that would or should be in perfect condition and the high traffic area in better shape. I told my friend call Howie and ask him if he's got time to look over a car your thinking of buying?

So he leaves and he's no more than five minutes gong and the sales men is out front. I had taken the VIN number and tried to run a carfax on it, it's only $29.00 but both time I tried it to enter but it kept coming back the there's is no records found on the vehicle. That says a lot on it's own. So in fifteen minutes my friend is back and pi$$ off, "This is a flood car. There's no way I could get a clean carfax I had already told him about my inability in getting a readout)
So the salesmen is going on about he could get a clean carfax for him. But he droves it back to dealership. He was going to trade in his 1996 Dodge short bed 4X4 in white and had been garaged since new and it only has 63K miles on it. I told to stay away from dealerships. When super storm "Sandy" hit the Jersey coast line at least a thousand cars and trucks were left to the the water to do it's damage, Sure enough, thousand of cars and trucks found life under 20 feet of sea water.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:05 PM
JayTee72
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't know where you live, but here if you murder someone you go away for a long time.
I live in the good ole USA, well at least it USED to be the "good ole USA", until "we the people" as a whole got soft on crime, in essence, a victim of our own success. We used to hang people. Then people decided that that was too mean and evil and not nice. Sooooo then we started to electrocute. That lasted for a while, then people got even softer and decided that THAT was too mean and evil and not nice. SOOOOOOOOOO, then they came up with the idea of a gas chamber, no blood, visually better, and THAT lasted for a while. Then people decided that THAT was too mean and evil and not nice. Geeee, that's a shame. We're not "being nice" to our killers. Sooooooooooooooooooo then they said, (with the advancement of modern drugs, etc.) ... "HEY! We've got it! A cocktail of drugs that will simply put them to sleep peacefully (because, of course, we don't want them to "suffer" ), and THAT will do it.". Weellllllllllll, that lasted for a little while, but here we are again, a few people twitched or sighed or jerked or something while being put unconscious, and allllll the pity-partiers are out in force, bemoaning and crying for the murderer. NOT ONE WORD is ever heard of how his victim SUFFERED, some even beating someone almost to death and then burying them alive. DISGUSTING. What about their "RIGHTS"??? Do you think THEY suffered??? Do you think people in power, liberal thinkers, and MOST of the media even care???

That's what happens when people become soft, and that includes MOST of the media. That's why that's all you hear is sympathy for the murderer.

A convicted m-u-r-d-e-r-e-r shouldn't "go away for a long time", and live on MY dime. He should lose his life. Period. He took someone else's life, he loses his 'right' to his. He doesn't retain the 'right' to his. Period. How many lives does he have a "right" to anyway? 2?? 5?? How about 20? It's not like he stole a candy bar from the local grocery store, or robbed a bank. Those things can be 'fixed', he could theoretically make right a wrong. He TOOK A LIFE. He can N-E-V-E-R fix that.

Another poster on here was right, this country is more concerned with the "rights" of a convicted MURDERER than it is of justice.

Last edited by JayTee72; 01-30-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Be careful on Craigslist - You could lose your life!