C5 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 09:34 AM
CMC6
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default C5 Exhaust

Hello,

We are first time Corvette owners, (C5) and are wanting opinions of what exhaust system to use. Currently our C5 has a stock exhaust, looking for a nice power sound without waking the neighborhood up. Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:37 AM
peteinpa
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by CMC5
Hello,

We are first time Corvette owners, (C5) and are wanting opinions of what exhaust system to use. Currently our C5 has a stock exhaut, looking for a nice power sound without waking the neighborhood up. Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Welcome to the forum. This topic has been discussed many times. Please try the search function you will find many posts on this topic.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:38 AM
CMC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by peteinpa
Welcome to the forum. This topic has been discussed many times. Please try the search function you will find many posts on this topic.
thanks very much, will do that
Old 01-29-2015, 09:58 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,303 Likes on 13,975 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I run the Corsa Indy Pace Car system (now called the Sport) on mine and love the looks and sound. Plus there is no drone.

Your best bet is to go to a local car show or find another Vette owner that has an aftermarket catback system on their car and ask to listen to it. Everyone has an opinion as to what sounds good to them so hearing it in person is always best.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:27 AM
garline14
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 88 Posts

Your best bet, atleast to hear them in person, would be like Vetteman said and find other Vette owners and listen to theirs. You have many exhaust options to choose from, also listen to sound clips on youtube that can help as well.

I'd personally recommend Huron Speed Products XSPower Catback Exhaust. Fully Polished, No Drone, made with 321 Stainless Steel. Nice and tame when cruising but really nice scream at WOT.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:51 PM
qipman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LG SuperPros 1 3/4 (coated) with cats and LG Big 3 catback. Full 3" system all the way back. Sounds really great, not overly loud and perfect rumble. Highly recommended.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:51 PM
CMC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by garline14
Your best bet, atleast to hear them in person, would be like Vetteman said and find other Vette owners and listen to theirs. You have many exhaust options to choose from, also listen to sound clips on youtube that can help as well.

I'd personally recommend Huron Speed Products XSPower Catback Exhaust. Fully Polished, No Drone, made with 321 Stainless Steel. Nice and tame when cruising but really nice scream at WOT.
I am not familiar with Huron, I will look into that, Corsa and Borla are what I keep hearing about....thanks for all the insight greatly appreciated
Old 01-30-2015, 12:09 AM
Rexde1
Le Mans Master

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I got the 3 inch XS power catback and like it. Price was good and all stainless but you might want the 2 1/2 inch if you dont want a bunch of racket when you let off.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:17 AM
oyealiz
Team Owner

Received 232 Likes on 119 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'16

B&B Route 66 is one you should consider for the description you gave.

I've had all three of their systems listed here for the c5.

http://www.bbexhaust.com/car/corvette/c5/
Old 01-30-2015, 07:49 AM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Z06 TI exhaust is a nice upgrade...then you can do the bypass mod if you want a little more rumble in your jungle.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:10 AM
RedySetVette
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the corsa sports with X pipe on a 01 Vert and like them. They are aggressive when I jump on them but at cruising no drone, and you can still talk.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:53 PM
jsluder
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VetteDreamN
I have the corsa sports with X pipe on a 01 Vert and like them. They are aggressive when I jump on them but at cruising no drone, and you can still talk.
I have the corsa extreme with x pipe on 99 vert with 6sp and I love em. Go with the sport or extreme you cant go wrong.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:24 PM
CMC6
Instructor

Default C% Exhaust

Thanks all i guess i have some listening to do, great information
Old 01-30-2015, 04:35 PM
donald4972
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Welcome to C5 Corvette world.

Many different exhaust combinations for you to consider. Do you want just sound. More power. Both?

Just wanted you to know, if you didn't already; that you can use google search. Search google, for instance, for ' Z06 C5 Corvette cat back Titanium exhaust'.
And that, will take you to many many threads here on the forum. As well as other sources you can study.
You can google almost anything about your C5, and find many threads right here, specific to what ever you are thinking about for your car.

Another google search might be, for instance, 'how to clean radiator on C5 Corvette'. These cars are bottom feeders, and suck up leaves, papers, and all manor of roadside debris into the area around the radiator and air conditioner condensor. You need to clean that up and out, from time to time. There are many threads (some with pictures) to help you with that task.

Sometimes, the search box here on the forum is good too.

Also, there are a bunch of very knowledgeable guys here willing and able to help you with any question, and issue you may have with your C5. Just ask.

and so it begins....

Don
Old 01-31-2015, 07:04 AM
CMC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by donald4972

Many different exhaust combinations for you to consider. Do you want just sound. More power. Both?

Just wanted you to know, if you didn't already; that you can use google search. Search google, for instance, for ' Z06 C5 Corvette cat back Titanium exhaust'.
And that, will take you to many many threads here on the forum. As well as other sources you can study.
You can google almost anything about your C5, and find many threads right here, specific to what ever you are thinking about for your car.

Another google search might be, for instance, 'how to clean radiator on C5 Corvette'. These cars are bottom feeders, and suck up leaves, papers, and all manor of roadside debris into the area around the radiator and air conditioner condensor. You need to clean that up and out, from time to time. There are many threads (some with pictures) to help you with that task.

Also, there are a bunch of very knowledgeable guys here willing and able to help you with any question, and issue you may have with your C5. Just ask.

and so it begins....

Don
a
Appreciate that Don, just by reading several post it is obvious that many truly want to help, I always heard of the Corvette fraternity out there, sure seems to be true. Just replaced runflats with Nitto Invos...200 miles got a flat isnt that just the way it goes sometime.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:47 AM
steve8
Race Director

Received 916 Likes on 452 Posts

Love my GHL's.
As others have said though, check them out in person.
Clips on the computer are good, but much better in person.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:58 AM
PHIL MEMPHIS
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I have BILLY BOAT ROUTE 66 on my 2001 Coupe. Not much louder than stock but I like the way the look.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Exhaust

Old 01-31-2015, 09:01 AM
MAC5
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
I run the Corsa Indy Pace Car system (now called the Sport) on mine and love the looks and sound. Plus there is no drone.

Your best bet is to go to a local car show or find another Vette owner that has an aftermarket catback system on their car and ask to listen to it. Everyone has an opinion as to what sounds good to them so hearing it in person is always best.
with Vetteman, running the same same system since 1999.

Do an internet search on local Corvette clubs in your area, make contact with them for upcoming events, there should be several owners willing to show and demonstrate there systems. There is also a "Regional forum" section on this forum that might help with finding local clubs and events.

Welcome to the forum and Corvette's. The mod bug has begun.

Last edited by MAC5; 01-31-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:19 AM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Attending a Corvette get together and actually hearing various systems is the best advice out there.

Everyone's ears are different!!

I too have the Corsa Indy/Pace and couldn't be happier.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:22 AM
CMC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by donald4972

and so it begins....

Don
a
Appreciate that Don, just by reading several post it is obvious that many truly want to help, I always heard of the Corvette fraternity out there, sure seems to be true. Just replaced runflats with Nitto Invos...200 miles got a flat isnt that just the way it goes sometime.

Quick Reply: C5 Exhaust