Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Autozone calipers and where to find brackets.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 09:55 AM
ZQ8 Blazer
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Autozone calipers and where to find brackets.

I'm doing a brake upgrade to my S10 and was wondering if anyone knows if the "CORVETTE" lettering is on the Autozone calipers? On their site it doesn't show it, but the picture looks like a stock photo.

Does anyone know where I can get a set of the brackets that hold the caliper to the stock spindle?
Old 01-30-2015, 10:55 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

You can grind off the lettering. Contact Marc at VetteNuts.com for the brackets.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:19 PM
ZQ8 Blazer
4th Gear

Yes I know, I'm wanting the lettering to show and an wondering if the autozone rebuilt ones have the lettering ground down or not.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:30 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Go to an autozone store and ask to see the calipers. The C5 Corvette-specific calipers should have the lettering on them. It may be that other GM cars used the same caliper and they would not have the lettering. Try the early Cadillac XLR calipers; that car is a C5 Corvette platform but they may not use the Corvette caliper.

There's no reason whay the lettering can't be ground off; it just takes some extra work.

As far as brackets, I would think those would be a custom bracket. Have you tried some S10 forums??

With that conversion, you may have to change the master cylinder to be able to have the necessary fluid volume. Also if you aren't going with rear discs, you may also have to add an adjustable brake bias valve for the rears.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:47 PM
kirt70camaro
Instructor

I believe when they rebuild them GM makes them remove the lettering. Check Kore3 for brackets that's who most 1st gen Camaro guys use when upgrading.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:42 PM
ZQ8 Blazer
4th Gear

Go to an autozone store and ask to see the calipers. The C5 Corvette-specific calipers should have the lettering on them. It may be that other GM cars used the same caliper and they would not have the lettering. Try the early Cadillac XLR calipers; that car is a C5 Corvette platform but they may not use the Corvette caliper.
Thanks, I did not know that.

As far as brackets, I would think those would be a custom bracket. Have you tried some S10 forums??
Yes I they're custom adapter brackets; however, this is the bracket I'm talking about:
http://www.kore3.com/prodimages/10033-01_lg.jpg

With that conversion, you may have to change the master cylinder to be able to have the necessary fluid volume. Also if you aren't going with rear discs, you may also have to add an adjustable brake bias valve for the rears.
I already have rear disc brakes and the stock master cylinder works with the Vette calipers.

Get notified of new replies

To Question about Autozone calipers and where to find brackets.

Quick Reply: Question about Autozone calipers and where to find brackets.