Sponsored by:

these look sweet...liftstands!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 02:44 AM
SpeedFreak87
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default these look sweet...liftstands!

Anyone ever seen these or tried them before? I wonder what they're selling for?

http://myliftstand.com/
Old 01-31-2015, 02:55 AM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

Yes... they work great for anything where you don't need to remove the wheels. Getting ready to buy a second set. I am not sure what the current pricing ism you would just need to contact Bill Gibbs via his website. I purchased mine right at a year ago and they were about $280 per pair as I recall plus shipping. Very well built and take up very little garage space when not in use...

Last edited by Choreo; 01-31-2015 at 03:23 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:01 AM
DetroitPlac
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Honestly, you could pick up a used Kwik-Lift for roughly the same price if you're patient, and it's more versatile. I think that's the way to go.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:32 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,291 Likes on 13,965 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Doesn't look too bad. The Kwik-Lift would be another option and perhaps more versatile, but this product would be useful too.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:07 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Nice. Who sells the low profile jack and Smith-Fabrication lift bar?
Old 01-31-2015, 06:23 PM
6speedsteve
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 311 Posts

Very cool, this is how I did mine, can adjust height 1-1/2" at a time, the plastic platform is locked onto the 2x10 and each 2x10 has bolts at all 4 corners to lock it all together so nothing can slide, overall height is 13"

Old 01-31-2015, 06:26 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Doesn't look too bad. The Kwik-Lift would be another option and perhaps more versatile, but this product would be useful too.
I also have a Kwik-Lift (you can see it stacked against the wall in front of my car). The Kwik-Lift is great if you have the room for it to where you can keep it assembled and the car is "drivable".

The pluses to the MyLiftStands is:
• They take up virtually no storage space in the garage
• They work when the car won't start.
• You have more room to work under the car (no torque tube in the way)
• You can angle the car forward or backward (without having to back up the car)
• Cheaper

No single lift system is perfect for all situations - they all have advantages and disadvantages.

In my case, I don't want ANY lift taking up my open garage space when I don't need it. Don't need anything else to walk around or trip over on a daily basis. Also my driveway right behind my garage door is at a steep angle which makes me a bit apprehensive with the Kwik-Lift and I always pray the Jack does not blow when lifting the Kwik-Lift (especially between dropping the rear legs one at a time).
Old 01-31-2015, 06:36 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MSG C5
Nice. Who sells the low profile jack and Smith-Fabrication lift bar?
Do a search for "Smith Fabrication CBA"

The red low profile jack in my photo came from Griots (Made in Spain), but Griots no longer sells it. I also have a second LowProfile jack that I bought last year which goes even higher (for half the price). Search for "Arcan XL2T Black Low Profile Steel Service Jack - 2 Ton Capacity"
Old 01-31-2015, 06:41 PM
C5RClone
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

The Cross Beam Adaptors (CBA) are $215 online from Smith.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Lt. Dan M.
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6speedsteve
Very cool, this is how I did mine, can adjust height 1-1/2" at a time, the plastic platform is locked onto the 2x10 and each 2x10 has bolts at all 4 corners to lock it all together so nothing can slide, overall height is 13"

Very nice where did you get the plastic base? I would love to build a set of 4. I have a kwik lift also, but I'm really tired of parking on it.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:37 PM
6speedsteve
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Lt. Dan M.
Very nice where did you get the plastic base? I would love to build a set of 4. I have a kwik lift also, but I'm really tired of parking on it.
I purchased the ramps at Harbor Freight they are a 2pc set the ramps are removable, all I use is the base.

The item # is 67722 they are made by Davric Corporation.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:40 AM
DetroitPlac
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Choreo
I also have a Kwik-Lift (you can see it stacked against the wall in front of my car). The Kwik-Lift is great if you have the room for it to where you can keep it assembled and the car is "drivable".

The pluses to the MyLiftStands is:
• They take up virtually no storage space in the garage
• They work when the car won't start.
• You have more room to work under the car (no torque tube in the way)
• You can angle the car forward or backward (without having to back up the car)
• Cheaper

No single lift system is perfect for all situations - they all have advantages and disadvantages.

In my case, I don't want ANY lift taking up my open garage space when I don't need it. Don't need anything else to walk around or trip over on a daily basis. Also my driveway right behind my garage door is at a steep angle which makes me a bit apprehensive with the Kwik-Lift and I always pray the Jack does not blow when lifting the Kwik-Lift (especially between dropping the rear legs one at a time).
Good points. It really does depend on your situation. In my case, my garage is so small, I just park the car on the Kwik-lift and it works out ok. I'd honestly be more concerned about where to put the MyLiftStands when not in use. I bought mine used, and the guy I bought it from mounted a manual winch to the front of it that allows you to winch dead cars up. Works incredibly well in a pinch and takes up very little space.

But like you said, no lift is perfect for everyone.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DetroitPlac
Good points. It really does depend on your situation. In my case, my garage is so small, I just park the car on the Kwik-lift and it works out ok. I'd honestly be more concerned about where to put the MyLiftStands when not in use. I bought mine used, and the guy I bought it from mounted a manual winch to the front of it that allows you to winch dead cars up. Works incredibly well in a pinch and takes up very little space.

But like you said, no lift is perfect for everyone.
The myLiftStands only take up about a square foot of floor space (as you can stack them). They also have a lip that surrounds all 4 sides of the tire (so that the car cannot roll off of them).

Love the Kwik-Lift, but I always feel like I am going to drive off the end of it (although I have never heard of that happening), but don't like having one foot on the gas and one on the brake (formula for disaster). If I had a second person there to hold up their hand, I would not be concerned. I finally put some tape marks below the drivers door on the Kwik-Lift rail to help me know when I have reached the end. Of course, if you permanently had the KwikLift positioned you could always use a tennis ball from the ceiling or some other method.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:41 PM
DetroitPlac
Burning Brakes

That was another thing the previous owner of my Kwik-Lift did...he added diamond plate wheel stops to the end of the lift. He positioned them so that the wheel goes as far back as safely possible, and it's virtually impossible to drive over them...unless you're going way too fast or something.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:28 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Those stands look cool. A set of turn plates, and you're in the alignment business!

One question, though....do the stands have some means to keep the car from rolling off of them?
Old 02-03-2015, 04:18 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Those stands look cool. A set of turn plates, and you're in the alignment business!

One question, though....do the stands have some means to keep the car from rolling off of them?
If you are asking about the myLiftStands, "Yes", the tires are completely surrounded by a raised edge and the tires sit down inside the tray. They also have two height positions... you reach the higher level by placing a jack inside the stand and raising it until the lock pins engage. There are videos on the website.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:49 PM
jakecol
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the "Smith jacking accessory" and am very with the results. Also with Sixspe edSteve's set up a person ca save some $$$. Just mu opnion.

Get notified of new replies

To these look sweet...liftstands!

Quick Reply: these look sweet...liftstands!