Sponsored by:

Seat cover options

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:50 AM
jjaaam
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Seat cover options

I asked everyone about getting a two-tone set of seat covers over std. black for my '03 a few weeks ago. It seemed that the majority felt the two-tone was the better look.

That' what I'm going to do, but I'm looking for opinions on two more things:

-Perforated or non-perforated? Does it really make that much of a difference if I don't have seat heaters?

-Synthetic or real? Will the synthetic last longer? It's garage-kept so the sun won't be beating down on it all of the time.

I know these issues have been beaten to death...I'm just looking for some opinions from current forum members.

I'm getting them from Interior Innovations and the synthetic price is VERY appealing btw...

What do you all think!

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2015, 12:41 PM
92GA
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by jjaaam
I asked everyone about getting a two-tone set of seat covers over std. black for my '03 a few weeks ago. It seemed that the majority felt the two-tone was the better look.

That' what I'm going to do, but I'm looking for opinions on two more things:

-Perforated or non-perforated? Does it really make that much of a difference if I don't have seat heaters?

-Synthetic or real? Will the synthetic last longer? It's garage-kept so the sun won't be beating down on it all of the time.

I know these issues have been beaten to death...I'm just looking for some opinions from current forum members.

I'm getting them from Interior Innovations and the synthetic price is VERY appealing btw...

What do you all think!

Thanks!
I went with their perforated leather and like them a lot. I've never been a fan of leather seat covers, and when I bought the Vette I thought about getting a set of cloth covers made, but they were very expensive. My original covers were very stiff and uncomfortable, but the new ones are great. I would still prefer cloth covers but don't know how they would look in a Vette. Their perforated covers are very soft compared to oem.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:36 PM
kabluie
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 92GA
I went with their perforated leather and like them a lot. I've never been a fan of leather seat covers, and when I bought the Vette I thought about getting a set of cloth covers made, but they were very expensive. My original covers were very stiff and uncomfortable, but the new ones are great. I would still prefer cloth covers but don't know how they would look in a Vette. Their perforated covers are very soft compared to oem.
I can see it now. A beautiful C5, new body parts, perfect paint, under the hood there's all sorts of things chromed, wide tires, fancy forged wheels, rich sounding exhaust, leather dash, and when you open the door, . . . seat covers made from brocade material that looks like it use to be a set of curtains. Ha, ha, ha. That's rich.

Please don't mind me. That's how my mind works. I'm just poking fun at an idea. In the winter, cloth seat covers are nicer than unheated leather. Also, in the middle of summer cloth seat covers beat the heck out of getting burned by leather seat covers, especially if you are wearing shorts.

You have to admit, brocade is funny.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,300 Likes on 13,973 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I personally would get non-perforated, full leather seat covers. But that is just me. I really like my all leather covers and they have held up extremely well. BTW, I do not have the covers from Interior Innovations but those that do and have posted their feelings on them seem to be pleased.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat cover options

Quick Reply: Seat cover options