Sponsored by:

Vendor yanked radiator support just as I was bidding on it on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 06:31 AM
okeesignguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vendor yanked radiator support just as I was bidding on it on Ebay

AES AUTO/PART SALES ...a Corvette salvage yard had a lower radiator support/skid bar on ebay with a starting bid of $89 so like everyone else I waited til it was almost over to bid so as to not run the bid up too early...

So last night I checked on it and nobody else had bid and when I went to place my bid it popped up as "ended"...15 minutes before it was due to end anyway...stating that the seller had "made an error" in the listing...after being listed for 6 days already...

Pretty shabby I thought...what do you think...am I wrong???
Old 02-10-2015, 07:00 AM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by okeesignguy
AES AUTO/PART SALES ...a Corvette salvage yard had a lower radiator support/skid bar on ebay with a starting bid of $89 so like everyone else I waited til it was almost over to bid so as to not run the bid up too early...

So last night I checked on it and nobody else had bid and when I went to place my bid it popped up as "ended"...15 minutes before it was due to end anyway...stating that the seller had "made an error" in the listing...after being listed for 6 days already...

Does suck, but errors do happen.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:12 AM
okeesignguy
Instructor

Originally Posted by 540i 6spd
Does suck, but errors do happen.
Really...??? It took 6+ days to recognize an "error"...15 minutes before auction ended...??? Really...???
Old 02-10-2015, 07:21 AM
warren s
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts

Happens all the time.

An item is for sale with no reserve, its close to the end of the auction and the bids are too low for the seller, so instead of selling to the highest bidder - they just yank the item and close the auction.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:29 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by okeesignguy

A lot of yards list with fine print stating that they can end the listing at any time due to local sale... that's also a possible explanation
Old 02-10-2015, 07:39 AM
DetroitPlac
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

AES is local to me, and I've dealt with them a few times now with outstanding results. They're a class act, and if they pulled it early, there's likely a good reason as many have mentioned.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:43 AM
okeesignguy
Instructor

I understand that they were bummed because it didn't get bid up high like they wanted it to be but when I list an item the starting bid that I place is the lowest amount that I WILL ACCEPT...not an amount that I will NOT accept with anticipation that it will bid higher than I would really accept...
I guess that's just me I can't expect everyone to be like me now can I...???
It's cool...I get it...
Thanx guys! Peace!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:47 AM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DetroitPlac
AES is local to me, and I've dealt with them a few times now with outstanding results. They're a class act, and if they pulled it early, there's likely a good reason as many have mentioned.
I've bought from AES also, and had a good transaction. You can call them and buy whatever you may need directly.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:52 AM
Radicaltimes
Instructor

But if you bid on Ebay and change your mind they do not like it
Old 02-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,287 Likes on 13,963 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by warren s
Happens all the time.

An item is for sale with no reserve, its close to the end of the auction and the bids are too low for the seller, so instead of selling to the highest bidder - they just yank the item and close the auction.
but it would be nice if the seller did put a starting price that would be the minimum they would accept. Could prevent hard feelings such as in this instance.

Originally Posted by DetroitPlac
I have dealt with them before too and had a good experience. Price was very fair and items were in excellent shape.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:40 PM
okeesignguy
Instructor

Well...after hearing the good things that were said about them from some of you that have done business with them I decided to give them a call...

Spoke with Mike and he seemed like a really nice guy...
Said that someone there erroneously listed it with free shipping and agreed to sell it to me at the listing price of $89 plus $25 shipping which I think is more than fair...
(If it auctioned out I probably would have gone $125 anyway)

I also need one of the small inner fender pieces and he will include that for $8 and ship them in the same box at no extra charge...

So...thanx for your help as usual I am happy again!

Get notified of new replies

To Vendor yanked radiator support just as I was bidding on it on Ebay

Quick Reply: Vendor yanked radiator support just as I was bidding on it on Ebay