Sponsored by:

Wheel and tire sizes question

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 10:33 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Wheel and tire sizes question

Is anyone running a 19x10 wheel with a 325 30 19 size tire ?

If so, any pics of you set-up ?
Old 02-24-2015, 07:37 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Really?

frank
Old 02-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JETZ
Really?

frank
yes REALLY.....

I have 19x11's, one wheel is bent and no one carries that size any longer. I just want to make sure my tires will fit before I pull the trigger on a set of 19x10's.

Friggin smartass !
Old 02-24-2015, 08:18 PM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

If the wheel is damaged, get it fixed if possible, if you can't find a replacement.

For a guy that has been here since 2008, your not looking in the right direction. 'Tirerack' shows that for your size tire 325/30/19, your 'Rim Width Range' shouid be 12-13''. Having them on 11'' to begin with was a squeeze, and now you want to force them on a 10'' wheel? Just because you can force them on, doesn't mean that they fit, and make a full foot print.

There some guys here lately putting small tires on 12'' wheels (stretching), really unsafe. You want to go the other way.

What do we say around here? It's YOUR car, and you can anything you want.

If I'm a 'smart ***', buddy me tinks you're a 'dumb ***' for contemplating this. I like to go by wheel/tire manufactures recommend specs.

frank

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=yes&tab=Specs

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=198

Originally Posted by Sinister-one
yes REALLY.....

I have 19x11's, one wheel is bent and no one carries that size any longer. I just want to make sure my tires will fit before I pull the trigger on a set of 19x10's.

Friggin smartass !
Old 02-24-2015, 11:51 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

If the wheel is damaged, get it fixed if possible, if you can't find a replacement.

For a guy that has been here since 2008, your not looking in the right direction. 'Tirerack' shows that for your size tire 325/30/19, your 'Rim Width Range' shouid be 12-13''. Having them on 11'' to begin with was a squeeze, and now you want to force them on a 10'' wheel? Just because you can force them on, doesn't mean that they fit, and make a full foot print.

There some guys here lately putting small tires on 12'' wheels (stretching), really unsafe. You want to go the other way.

What do we say around here? It's YOUR car, and you can anything you want.

If I'm a 'smart ***', buddy me tinks you're a 'dumb ***' for contemplating this. I like to go by wheel/tire manufactures recommend specs.

frank

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=yes&tab=Specs

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=198

[/I][/B]
For starters MR. Know it all..... The 325's fit PERFECTLY on an 11" wheel !

Now KINDLY KEEP YOUR DUMB *** out of my thread !

And thanks a lot for your idiotic comment !

Last edited by Sinister-one; 02-25-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:25 AM
John Madeja
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Is anyone running a 19x10 wheel with a 325 30 19 size tire ?

If so, any pics of you set-up ?
I dont see why they wouldnt fit over the wheel hahahaha

Old 02-25-2015, 09:31 AM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by John Madeja
I dont see why they wouldnt fit over the wheel hahahaha

"OVER"...... Nice one.....
Old 02-25-2015, 09:43 AM
c5vetteguy
Melting Slicks

Received 231 Likes on 163 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

I just bought a pair of Hankook Ventus V12s for my 19x11 Forgestars. They fit perfectly, as their recommendation for this tire is a 11"-12" wheel. Sucking them in an additional inch will probably work (anti-stretch?) but who sticks to the rules these days, particularly when it comes to tire fitment? Do as you will and post up the pix, if you're so inclined.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by c5vetteguy
I just bought a pair of Hankook Ventus V12s for my 19x11 Forgestars. They fit perfectly, as their recommendation for this tire is a 11"-12" wheel. Sucking them in an additional inch will probably work (anti-stretch?) but who sticks to the rules these days, particularly when it comes to tire fitment? Do as you will and post up the pix, if you're so inclined.
I have a set of 19x11's on the rear of the car now and the tires fit PERFECTLY on these 11" wide wheels.... BUT.... one wheel is slightly bent. Not to the point of wobble or rear end dance. Just a dull hum at about 70 mph on the highway.
My thought was o replace the rears with same style wheel in a 19x10 BECAUSE the manufacturer no longer make the 19x11's and I just purchased the tires at the end of last year.

But since no one seems to have a straight answer on this question, I think I'll just start looking for a different set / style of wheels with 19x11 sizes for the rear.

Thanks to all for the comments !
Old 02-25-2015, 12:05 PM
c5vetteguy
Melting Slicks

2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Have you tried to get your wheel straightened? Sounds like it would be an easy fix, from what you describe.

Ooops, just realized that I didn't state my tire size in my first post: 325/30-19 also.

Last edited by c5vetteguy; 02-25-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:19 PM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Old 02-25-2015, 12:37 PM
c5vetteguy
Melting Slicks

2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Interesting to note that not all tires are created "equal", certainly not in specs and wheel recommendations.
The Pilot Sports (325/30-19) that JETZ quoted do recommend a 12"-13" wheel, whereas the Hankook Ventus tires of the same size recommends 11"-12" wheels. Always a good idea to check with the manufacturer of the tires you are trying to fit, and not go by a "rule of thumb." But then, people end up doing whatever they want, anyway.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:39 PM
John Madeja
Racer

Originally Posted by c5vetteguy
Interesting to note that not all tires are created "equal", certainly not in specs and wheel recommendations.
The Pilot Sports (325/30-19) that JETZ quoted do recommend a 12"-13" wheel, whereas the Hankook Ventus tires of the same size recommends 11"-12" wheels. Always a good idea to check with the manufacturer of the tires you are trying to fit, and not go by a "rule of thumb." But then, people end up doing whatever they want, anyway.
agreed

and you could probably squeeze them on if they were recommended 11-12inch, once inch less isn't crazy just not ideal....

If it were me honestly I would look into fixing the rim...

if that didn't work then sell rims (whats left) and tires probably separately

and just start over brand new! which there is nothing wrong with getting some new rims right....

p.s. sorry about the sarcasm earlier didn't mean to offend if i did
Old 02-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by John Madeja
agreed

and you could probably squeeze them on if they were recommended 11-12inch, once inch less isn't crazy just not ideal....

If it were me honestly I would look into fixing the rim...

if that didn't work then sell rims (whats left) and tires probably separately

and just start over brand new! which there is nothing wrong with getting some new rims right....

p.s. sorry about the sarcasm earlier didn't mean to offend if i did
The tires I have are Nitto Invo's and the fit the 11" wheel perfectly.
As for fixing the wheel, I already had that checked. they told me it's a "center bend" which is at the lugs location and they can't fix the problem.

So with that said, I've been trying to find a replacement wheel for about 2 weeks now with no luck. It looks like I WILL have to go the new wheels route.

As for your sarcasm, it was actually funny. Not like the other members comments. I guess you have one in every crowd....
Old 02-25-2015, 03:28 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,236 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Will 325mm tires physically mount on an 10" wide wheel? Yes.
Will they look silly when mounted? Yes.
Will they perform more poorly than on a wider wheel? Yes.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:49 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

We're all done here.....

Old 02-25-2015, 03:56 PM
John Madeja
Racer

The tires I have are Nitto Invo's and the fit the 11" wheel perfectly.
As for fixing the wheel, I already had that checked. they told me it's a "center bend" which is at the lugs location and they can't fix the problem.

So with that said, I've been trying to find a replacement wheel for about 2 weeks now with no luck. It looks like I WILL have to go the new wheels route.

As for your sarcasm, it was actually funny. Not like the other members comments. I guess you have one in every crowd....
we're not done til we quit posting

and best of luck with the wheels bro!

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel and tire sizes question

Old 02-26-2015, 03:49 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

I gave you 'facts', not my personal opinion!
If you had stated to begin with that you had Nitto Invo's, (that everyone knows run narrower than other tires,) I might not have given you my 'idiotic' input on 'factory specs.

It seems all is not lost, that fact that you're getting a new set of shoes in the correct size!

It seems that I'm not the only guy here to post 'idiotic' logic comments... that you don't like.

frank

For starters MR. Know it all..... The 325's fit PERFECTLY on an 11" wheel !

Now KINDLY KEEP YOUR DUMB *** out of my thread !

And thanks a lot for your idiotic comment !

Last edited by JETZ; 02-27-2015 at 04:44 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:37 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I gave you 'facts', not my personal opinion!
If you had stated to begin with that you had Nitto Invo's, (that everyone knows run narrower than other tires,) I might not have given you my 'idiotic' input on 'factory specs.

It seems all is not lost, that fact that you're getting a new set of shoes in the correct size!

It seems that I'm not the only guy here to post 'idiotic' logic comments... that you don't like.

frank
Sorry, but 19x11 wheels are in spec for almost every 325/30-19 on the market, including the Hankook Ventus V12, Michelin Pilot Super Sport, and Toyo R888, all of which are popular on this forum. All of the above specify an 11-12.5" wheel width. The only 325/30-19s I know of offhand that call for a 12+" wheel are the Hoosier A6 and R6, which are competition DOT autocross and road race slicks.

That having been said, putting a 325/30-19 on a 19x10 is a ridiculous idea; there is not enough wheel width or sidewall to support this combo. If we were talking about a 325/45-18 drag radial on a 10.5" wheel, that would be different, but the combo we are discussing is downright unsafe. Your advice came across a bit condescending, but the OP was unnecessarily hostile in his response.

OP: any tire you are considering will have a spec listed regarding the range of wheel widths which are recommended for use in that particular size. TireRack.com displays these specs for every tire they sell; if your tire of choice is not available from Tire Rack, the manufacturer's website will list this information. Hopefully that knowledge will help you in the future. Also, a little bit of tact will go a long way on here; disagreement doesn't need to become nasty.

Can't we all just get along?
Old 02-27-2015, 04:42 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

I never meant to be 'condescending' at all, just by posting 'really?', really! My adding the 'Tirerack link specs' was meant to be informative FACTS, what else? Pointing out that mounting a 325 on a 10'' wheel is not a good idea seems to be of no benefit to the OP, even though a couple of others more less posted the same viewpoint.

Including you sir, thanks for adding the 'factual' fresh air input.

Why some guys fly off the handle so easily, ''I guess you have one in every crowd.... ''

frank

...the end

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Sorry, but 19x11 wheels are in spec for almost every 325/30-19 on the market, including the Hankook Ventus V12, Michelin Pilot Super Sport, and Toyo R888, all of which are popular on this forum. All of the above specify an 11-12.5" wheel width. The only 325/30-19s I know of offhand that call for a 12+" wheel are the Hoosier A6 and R6, which are competition DOT autocross and road race slicks.

That having been said, putting a 325/30-19 on a 19x10 is a ridiculous idea; there is not enough wheel width or sidewall to support this combo. If we were talking about a 325/45-18 drag radial on a 10.5" wheel, that would be different, but the combo we are discussing is downright unsafe. Your advice came across a bit condescending, but the OP was unnecessarily hostile in his response.

OP: any tire you are considering will have a spec listed regarding the range of wheel widths which are recommended for use in that particular size. TireRack.com displays these specs for every tire they sell; if your tire of choice is not available from Tire Rack, the manufacturer's website will list this information. Hopefully that knowledge will help you in the future. Also, a little bit of tact will go a long way on here; disagreement doesn't need to become nasty.

Can't we all just get along?

Quick Reply: Wheel and tire sizes question