Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 09:28 PM
PICNIC_GEORGE
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by calguy
Kris, thanks for posting that.
It gives we forum members a look at a side of Bill that many of us here on the forum didn't know.
I have to say one thing, and I am sure others can back me up on this, because they are probably experiencing the same thing.

I belong to half a dozen different forums dealing with vehicles, and I have never seen such attention, and admiration to one forum member, as I have seen on this site,concerning Bill, and that says volumes about your dad.

I always enjoyed reading his post, and looking at the great pictures he posted.
He was talent plus when it came to photography.
He will be missed here,and for those of us who have not been on this forum too long, you should know, he had an impact on us as well as the long time forum members.

Rest assured, he may be gone from us, but never forgotten.
He left his mark on this forum, as I am sure he did in many other facets of his life,and my educated guess would be, he will still b be around occasionally in the lives of we Corvette owners, though some may be oblivious to his presence.

Bob.
Thank you Bob. Thank you everyone. It's been very difficult for me and my sister, luckily for us our family and friends have been there the whole way. But it's great to know that my father had a positive impact on so many people(even ones he hasn't even met). He seemed to have that effect on a lot of people. I'm glad everyone here got to experience just a little bit of how awesome he was.
If he read all this he would be ecstatic to know he was loved by so many. I know I am
Old 03-16-2015, 10:18 PM
ScumOne
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Kris, your dad was a help to me with C5 fixes, and a lot of fun when my wife & drove up there in 2012, and 2013. He met us for breakfast with Mr. Jean, and we went to the guitar and gun shop afterwards, so we had a great time shooting guns, etc.

Bill also went to a local car dealer and took pics of a 2002 TA I was considering buying, and sent them to me as well since he knew a salesman there.

All in all, a classy guy who gave a lot of his free time to people to help them. While I only spent two different days, totaling 7-8 hours with your dad, he was just one of "those guys you've know forever" 30 minutes after meeting him.

I'm very sorry about his passing, but I'm glad he had a positive influence on almost everyone he met (if you weren't a complete jerk of course!), including me.

My wife & I bought a lot to build a house on in Sparks, NV to retire on. We'll be sorry he won't be around to meet up with for drives around Lake Tahoe, food/drink and shooting the $hit.

I hope you decide to keep his C5 so we can meet up some day and take a drive in his honor. If you need anything, feel free to email me at: jim@scumbackspeakers.com

And please update us from time to time on how you and your sister are doing, and any pics/stories to go with his well known C5 would also be appreciated.

I'm very sorry for your (and the Corvette Forum's) loss of such a fine man and human being.

Take care, and have fun in his Vette. I know he'd want that to happen!

Jim Seavall
ScumOne
Old 03-17-2015, 10:37 AM
PICNIC_GEORGE
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '15

He told me about that Jim. When were you planning on moving?

Yes the corvette is in my name and I have no intentions of getting rid of it. It was his baby, I assume I'll probably just use it to go on cruises maybe with my sister to go take pictures. She has all his camera equipment, and boy did he have a lot. She loves taking pictures so she should find good use for it. I know none of us have his eye or skill for it though. He was very talented.

That was bizzare gun. Were you the guy he went into the "vault" with and got to see a bunch of badass guitars from some great artists? Seems to me he met someone there too, Maybe John Fogarty???
Old 03-17-2015, 12:20 PM
Vetteriffic
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of my favorite moments on the forum was reading Mr Bill's posts and his raw sense of humor....he would inform, amuse and offer up the best vette pics I have ever seen. I always looked forward to being part of his holiday pics and seeing my car there. Mr Bill touched me and I always looked for his posts, avatars and offerings first when I signed in and I will truly miss him as are many here in the C5 section. I shed a tear for you Kris and your family as I know how hard it is to lose a father who was your best friend also. He set a standard for you to live up to and you sound like you are ready for that challenge. God bless you all from a CF friend in Vancouver, Canada.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:10 PM
always1961
Racer

Originally Posted by Ron Shull
So sorry to hear the news , RIP Mr.Bill Prayers for the family. Will be missed by many....
I agree
Old 03-17-2015, 08:38 PM
bumr
Pro

Kris, I just wanted to add my condolences and appreciation for your father. I don’t spend much time on the forum anymore and when I saw that he had passed I was very saddened. Your father was not only the best thing about this forum, he was also a true blessing to everyone who encountered him. While I never met him in person, I had several phone conversations with him where he patiently spent his time explaining the secrets of his HDR photography. I will never match his talent but I will be forever grateful for his generosity. You have inherited a great legacy. God bless you and your family.
Van
Old 03-18-2015, 12:19 PM
ScumOne
Racer

Originally Posted by PICNIC_GEORGE
He told me about that Jim. When were you planning on moving?

Yes the corvette is in my name and I have no intentions of getting rid of it. It was his baby, I assume I'll probably just use it to go on cruises maybe with my sister to go take pictures. She has all his camera equipment, and boy did he have a lot. She loves taking pictures so she should find good use for it. I know none of us have his eye or skill for it though. He was very talented.

That was bizzare gun. Were you the guy he went into the "vault" with and got to see a bunch of badass guitars from some great artists? Seems to me he met someone there too, Maybe John Fogarty???
Kris, yep, that was me at Bizarre Guitar & Guns with your Dad. One of the employees recognized who I was and asked if I wanted to see "the Vault", and I said sure! So your Dad & I went downstairs to it, thru security, etc and we got the triple nickel tour.

My wife & I have bought a lot to build a house on in Resort @ Red Hawk when we retire. I'm afraid that's still some 7-8 years away, though. But when we do you'll be most welcome to visit. It's up up in the nose bleed section with only 8 more custom home sites beyond ours. Here's a pic of it (3 pic montage):

Nevada lot, R@RH

Since you work at one of my favorite car parts companies, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me, even if I don't still have both of my Corvettes when I get there.

Sorry I wasn't there now, actually, but my wife & I have family obligations here for awhile. Take care, Kris!

Jim
Old 03-18-2015, 12:53 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ScumOne

My wife & I have bought a lot to build a house on in Resort @ Red Hawk when we retire. I'm afraid that's still some 7-8 years away, though. But when we do you'll be most welcome to visit. It's up up in the nose bleed section with only 8 more custom home sites beyond ours. Here's a pic of it (3 pic montage):

Nevada lot, R@RH

Jim
Jim, my daughter, Heather, and her husband live out there. They love it! (I still like where I live better...much higher, and cooler! ) (She, Austin and Ricky are here now..helping me move furniture. She says HI Kris!)

Jim, if a Mr. Bill remembrance 'Meet and Greet' is put together, think you might be able to come up the hill and join the fun?

Joe (In West Reno)
Old 03-18-2015, 08:01 PM
ScumOne
Racer

Originally Posted by MCharlie
Jim, my daughter, Heather, and her husband live out there. They love it! (I still like where I live better...much higher, and cooler! ) (She, Austin and Ricky are here now..helping me move furniture. She says HI Kris!)

Jim, if a Mr. Bill remembrance 'Meet and Greet' is put together, think you might be able to come up the hill and join the fun?

Joe (In West Reno)
That's my plan, Joe. Not sure when it would happen, but I'll do my best to fire up the 04 and make it if my schedule permits.

Jim
Old 03-19-2015, 07:58 AM
mtndv8
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MCharlie
...Jim, if a Mr. Bill remembrance 'Meet and Greet' is put together, think you might be able to come up the hill and join the fun?

Joe (In West Reno)
Kris and Katie,

My sincere condolences.
As you've read here, your father was a special man. He drove out to Fernley to meet me at my house one time just to bring me some spare under hood parts I could use while I was painting under there. I promised to make him lunch yet we got to talking and I never did.
That is the origin of our Reno Air Race meet for breakfast get together; I owed him a meal...

He is the one who captured the photo in my profile of the fatefully tragic Memorial day he visited Stead Airport Sep 2, 2008...
...first one to call me when that aircraft went down.

Joe, If you and Jean and everyone that has talked of a get together have it before the Air Races this year let me know, otherwise I'll be putting something together in his honor when I come for the Air Races this September.

Michael
Old 03-19-2015, 06:13 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,705 Likes on 1,667 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

Old 03-20-2015, 02:13 PM
PICNIC_GEORGE
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '15

Kris, yep, that was me at Bizarre Guitar & Guns with your Dad. One of the employees recognized who I was and asked if I wanted to see "the Vault", and I said sure! So your Dad & I went downstairs to it, thru security, etc and we got the triple nickel tour.
He was so excited about that.

Since you work at one of my favorite car parts companies, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me, even if I don't still have both of my Corvettes when I get there.
I'm always at work.

Originally Posted by mtndv8
Kris and Katie,

My sincere condolences.
As you've read here, your father was a special man. He drove out to Fernley to meet me at my house one time just to bring me some spare under hood parts I could use while I was painting under there. I promised to make him lunch yet we got to talking and I never did.
That is the origin of our Reno Air Race meet for breakfast get together; I owed him a meal...

He is the one who captured the photo in my profile of the fatefully tragic Memorial day he visited Stead Airport Sep 2, 2008...
...first one to call me when that aircraft went down.

Joe, If you and Jean and everyone that has talked of a get together have it before the Air Races this year let me know, otherwise I'll be putting something together in his honor when I come for the Air Races this September.

Michael
Was that the fire plane he went on right before it it crashed? Sad day for sure, he was one of the last people to talk to the crew before takeoff .... Unless you're talking about the wreck at the air races. That was even worse. Had a friend who was standing right where the plane crashed but had to leave because her kid got sick and she had to go get him. Literally left 5 minutes before the crash.

Thank you everyone.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:55 PM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Haven't been on the forum for some time. I am so sorry for the family's loss and may he rest in peace.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:29 PM
pmurray
Racer

Thanks for sharing your Corvette knowledge.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:46 AM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

He will be missed for sure. RIP Mr Bill.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:55 PM
Dixiecrat
Pro

I haven't logged on in awhile as been in Florida and Texas for the winter. Just seeing this. Mr Bill was a great help to me and so many many others ! He will be missed greatly by many ! It was a pleasure knowing you SIR ! RIP Mr Bill and may God be with your family in this difficult time.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:25 PM
yssirk
Heel & Toe

Just seeing this sad news now, and am so sorry to hear about Mr. Bill's passing. Of all the posts on this forum, I always enjoyed his the most; his warmth and personality came through so clearly. My condolences to the family and his many friends.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Mr Bill Update

Old 03-31-2015, 04:48 PM
flynbyu2
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I haven't been here for several months and this is awful news.

When we went to HAN several years ago, he offed to meet me at A&W but it was raining off and on and we just couldn't make the connection.

RIP Bill

Old 03-31-2015, 08:56 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

anyone getting a brick or something for Mr Bill at the NCM??
Old 04-02-2015, 03:48 AM
Tuco
Team Owner

Location: Blessed are the cracked. For they are the ones who let in the light.
Received 165 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by pewter99
anyone getting a brick or something for Mr Bill at the NCM??

Quick Reply: Mr Bill Update