Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mr Bill Update

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 10:35 AM
rrichar2591
Drifting

Received 326 Likes on 182 Posts

Nicely done! Look forward to seeing it someday.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:53 PM
PICNIC_GEORGE
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by rrichar2591
Nicely done! Look forward to seeing it someday.
So do I lol

Thank you
Old 10-16-2015, 09:54 AM
ONE BMF
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PICNIC_GEORGE
Thank you, that is a very kind gesture. I miss him everyday

I've been so busy the last couple weeks I kind of forgot to share. My dads first grandchild was born Saturday May 23rd 2015. 20" long and 6lbs 7ounces of pure perfection.

Welcome to the world Kristopher George Karadimos Jr. I wish he got to meet him, he'd fall in love with this little man just like I have.

I've been away from the forum for quite awhile and was very saddened by the news of your fathers death. He was and still is loved by many of us here and will not be forgotten.He loved his Corvette brothers almost as much as he loved you. Seeing the pic of his first grandchild brought me to tears thinking of how he would have loved his grand children like i know he loved you kiddo. I never got to meet him, wish i could have. I know how tough this is on you but you can find him in the twinkle of your sons eye's. Be proud of your dad , i am and so are many others here. His new grandson is beautiful , just like he was.Someday soon i will take "Daisy " for a long ride out west,it's always been my dream, and i'd like to come visit and meet the grandson and son, of the man we called Mr. Bill if possible! Mark
Old 02-21-2016, 06:28 PM
popshumphrey
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Sending my prayers for Mr. Bill and you guys too! It is tough on family as well. Know there are lots who care.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:09 PM
StudentDriver
Intermediate

I just recently joined and I just saw this.
My deepest condolences to the family.

Regards and sympathy
Leftheris Nickolopoulos.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:29 PM
Mr. Jean
Safety Car

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts

It was a year ago today, that i went to the hospital and visited Bill and say goodbye.
Tomorrow will be a year since his passing and he's still on my mind almost every day. I haven't gone on any road trips since then and with warmer weather coming our way, the toys will be coming out again. I do want to get out there, but the first road trip will be a tough one.

I'm still missing my dear friend, as I'm sure many other members here miss him too.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:40 PM
C5 4me
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Jean
It was a year ago today, that i went to the hospital and visited Bill and say goodbye.
Tomorrow will be a year since his passing and he's still on my mind almost every day. I haven't gone on any road trips since then and with warmer weather coming our way, the toys will be coming out again. I do want to get out there, but the first road trip will be a tough one.

I'm still missing my dear friend, as I'm sure many other members here miss him too.
I miss him as well Mr Jean, he really was a great man & meeting you and him for lunch was one of my best trips over the mountain
Old 02-26-2016, 07:14 PM
PICNIC_GEORGE
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '15

Sorry I've been scarce.

Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary. Up until a few weeks ago I've been hiding at work and home. May have been depression, may have been just busy with Mr.Bills grandson. But I've finally got to the point I can go outside and do things.

Are we still doing St. Judes donations? I would like to give back a little to the forum that gave so much to my father.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:18 PM
PICNIC_GEORGE
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '15

Here's our little guy playing on the swing yesterday... crazy how fast they grow. 9 months old and he is 100% boy, unstoppable..... He will be walking soon, ughhhh

Last edited by PICNIC_GEORGE; 02-26-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:20 PM
olbear1962
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

What a neat couple pic's of your son! As a new Grandad myself for just over a year, I know the joy our little guy has brought.
Am sure Mr. Bill is looking on every day and smiling!
Was a big fan of Mr. Bill although we never met, am so pleased how the memorial looks at the Corvette Museum.
Thanks for sharing P.G.!!
Old 02-27-2016, 08:29 AM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Hard to believe today marks one year since the passing of Mr. Bill. For someone many of us never met there was such a friendship you felt when you interacted on the forum.

I miss his sense of humor, I miss his photography, I miss those great avatars, I miss his advice, but mostly I miss the friendship I feel that developed here on the forum.

Kris, I think over the last year you learned a different side of your Dad and how much we respected him. Someday I hope you can pass along to his grandson what a great guy his grandfather was.

A year later I still have a tear in my eye as I sit here.

God Bless you Bill and keep an eye on us!
Old 02-27-2016, 12:45 PM
Mr. Jean
Safety Car

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts

Missing my buddy Bill and our working/playing in the garage times together.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:09 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

27 February, 2016

It has been one year since Bill, my closest friend for over 40 years, passed on. I am sure he has explored all the fastest roads, and pushed his crystalline ride to the very edge of never-land, all the while, exclaiming with glee, that it cornered as if it were on a rail!

I miss him. I still catch myself, starting to send him a photograph, or a computer program, or asking a question about a particular gun or rifle.

He intruded me to some interesting tours in our cars, And I got him interested in photography, and within a short period of time, he had surpassed any level of competency I had ever achieved. As you all know, he became quite an accomplished NASCAR photographer and his personal imagery we have all enjoyed here in the Forum.

He would have been a great Grandfather, and would have spoiled his grandson royally. Kris, know he is looking down and enjoying every minute of his grandson’s growth. He would have been a great role-model. I don’t think the words “No, can’t, and won’t” were in his vocabulary.

I close this brief rememberance of Bill, with a favorite picture of him, next to his car, in front of a very beautiful spring and waterfall, Salmon Creek Falls on the way to Downeyville, California, taken June, 2014.

MCharlie

Last edited by MCharlie; 02-27-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:14 AM
ScumOne
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PICNIC_GEORGE
Sorry I've been scarce.

Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary. Up until a few weeks ago I've been hiding at work and home. May have been depression, may have been just busy with Mr.Bills grandson. But I've finally got to the point I can go outside and do things.
I've been absent for a little while as well, but marked the 1 year anniversary privately at home, so I know how you feel Kris. Your dad was a fine man, and I still miss him.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:49 AM
A67VETTEBIGBLOCK
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mr Bill

Prayers for Mr Bill..
Old 06-14-2016, 03:04 PM
Kuzco
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prayers.

My wife' and I will be praying for your Dads speedy recovery.
Kuzco

Originally Posted by SG Lou
I don't know if this has been posted yet. I'm friends with Bill on Facebook and this update was just put up by Bill's son :

This is Kris, Bills son. I know there are a lot of people on here who love and care for him. Right now he's in the hospital and not doing well. At the moment we don't know which way he'll go. But he is doing a little better. I didn't have the time or energy to contact everyone. I apologize to any friends and family members who have to find out this way. Please keep him in your heart, prayers, or whatever it is you do and hope he recovers. I'll try to answer any questions you may have. Please be patient with me.

Get Better Buddy , We miss you !

Mod's: Maybe we can make this a "sticky" for a while so everyone can see it ?
Old 06-14-2016, 03:12 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuzco
Kuzco

Yo Kuzco..

An FYI, Bill passed away a year ago February (02-27-2015)

MC
Old 06-14-2016, 04:05 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuzco
Kuzco
Kuz, I realize you're new so no problems. Your heart is in the right place. Unfortunately, for all of use, Mr. Bill passed away a while back. In Feb 2015, we had our pal move on to a better place. We all miss him.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:11 AM
homewrecker
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I havent been here for a long time. Sold the C5 a few years back. I was always on this forum posting and reading. It was really therapetic for me. I stumbled back here looking for pics of my old vette until I saw this thread. I immediately recognized the name and it felt comfortable knowing that he was still here. Then I started reading every page and post. And I was absolutely amazed by how much people loved and respected Mr. Bill. I know I had friendly encounters with him and he was a big part of a community I love so much. I had to sign in and post my respects. To Mr Bill's family and friends, my heart and thoughts are with you, he made such a big difference to so many.. For a while this world was a better place because of people like him and for that I'm grateful that I had a chance just to be in the same community with such a great person. Rest my friend.

Last edited by homewrecker; 07-03-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Mr Bill Update