Sponsored by:

Hagerty 25% Rate Increase!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 05:22 PM
tcrote5516
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hagerty 25% Rate Increase!

My apolgies to the horse by creating another insurance thread but this one's not about "which to choose"

Just got my renewal from Hagerty whom I've been a classic car (and more "modern" C5) customer of for many years. I've never had a single claim, no accident's, speeding tickets, windshield replacements, hell no parking tickets either.

Rate jumped up 25% on the nose for this coming year. Called to have them double check to make sure it was correct and I was informed they "had" to do this across the board due to "severe weather" and that the rates have increased anywhere from 20 - 40%

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this with their policy? I've always been happy with Hagerty (not that I've needed them but they have always been pleasent and zero wait to talk to a real person on the phone) and I'm sad to leave them but talk about drilling your good customers for no good reason. 25% in one year on multiple cars is a HUGE increase. I can only imagine what would happen to my premium if I ever did have to make a claim.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:16 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Allstate just rewrote my policies and my premium on the vette was reduced by half. Go figure, praise GOD.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:06 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,233 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Never had Hagerty for an insurance company, but a 25% increase is . Can't say I would not be looking for a new company if it happened to me.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:37 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by tcrote5516
:25% in one year on multiple cars is a HUGE increase. I can only imagine what would happen to my premium if I ever did have to make a claim.
Welcome to the "new" world of economic prosperity! in the past few months...

My Heath Insurance has almost doubled - 90% increase (never a claim - just Obamacare BS) and my already high Heath Insurance deductible was increased 20% just as a final insult (i.e. now if I get sick - automatic Bankruptcy!). Since my premiums are so high, I can't afford to go to the Doctor for anything.
My Car Insurance has gone up 10% the past year (no claims - same policy with Farmers for 15 years - $1260/yr!)
Home insurance just went up today another 15% (no claims - same policy with Farmers for 19 years). 50% more than when I purchased the original policy.
Texas Property Taxes (ownership penalty) have almost doubled over the past few years - in fact, if my house were paid off tomorrow my ongoing "ownership penalty" in Texas would be almost identical to what my entire house payment was 19 years ago (which included taxes and insurance escrow!).

My home, heath, business, umbrella and car insurance combined premiums are now more that what I used to make per year not too long ago, but on the plus side they reduce what is covered every year and my net income has gone down due to increased income taxes and CPA fees!!! I guess this is what they call "Economic Recovery!"

Last edited by Choreo; 02-24-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:52 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

you can thank obama for part of it, storm increase is just greed by insurance company IMO
Old 02-25-2015, 01:49 AM
Mallett Z
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

I recently got a quote from Hagerty and Grundy on my car and Grundy was 115% cheaper! and Grundy has no mileage restrictions and only a couple small usage restrictions (can't use car for daily errands and daily commuting to/from work, and must be stored in a fully enclosed garage.)

Give Grundy a call!
Old 02-25-2015, 06:48 AM
guido7834
Melting Slicks

Received 195 Likes on 123 Posts

All insurance companies have increases one time or another. My wife sells insurance so we shop every year and this year it was cheaper from a company she doesn't even write. do your homework.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:05 PM
C5RClone
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Try Adam at NCIM.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:37 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I just renewed my Hagerty no increase.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:23 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tcrote5516
My apolgies to the horse by creating another insurance thread but this one's not about "which to choose"

Just got my renewal from Hagerty whom I've been a classic car (and more "modern" C5) customer of for many years. I've never had a single claim, no accident's, speeding tickets, windshield replacements, hell no parking tickets either.

Rate jumped up 25% on the nose for this coming year. Called to have them double check to make sure it was correct and I was informed they "had" to do this across the board due to "severe weather" and that the rates have increased anywhere from 20 - 40%

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this with their policy? I've always been happy with Hagerty (not that I've needed them but they have always been pleasent and zero wait to talk to a real person on the phone) and I'm sad to leave them but talk about drilling your good customers for no good reason. 25% in one year on multiple cars is a HUGE increase. I can only imagine what would happen to my premium if I ever did have to make a claim.
Originally Posted by Choreo
Welcome to the "new" world of economic prosperity! in the past few months...

My Heath Insurance has almost doubled - 90% increase (never a claim - just Obamacare BS) and my already high Heath Insurance deductible was increased 20% just as a final insult (i.e. now if I get sick - automatic Bankruptcy!). Since my premiums are so high, I can't afford to go to the Doctor for anything.
My Car Insurance has gone up 10% the past year (no claims - same policy with Farmers for 15 years - $1260/yr!)
Home insurance just went up today another 15% (no claims - same policy with Farmers for 19 years). 50% more than when I purchased the original policy.
Texas Property Taxes (ownership penalty) have almost doubled over the past few years - in fact, if my house were paid off tomorrow my ongoing "ownership penalty" in Texas would be almost identical to what my entire house payment was 19 years ago (which included taxes and insurance escrow!).

My home, heath, business, umbrella and car insurance combined premiums are now more that what I used to make per year not too long ago, but on the plus side they reduce what is covered every year and my net income has gone down due to increased income taxes and CPA fees!!! I guess this is what they call "Economic Recovery!"
The advice I've heard has always been to shop around for insurance every three years or so, and that you're probably paying too much if you haven't been doing so

Get notified of new replies

To Hagerty 25% Rate Increase!

Quick Reply: Hagerty 25% Rate Increase!