Sponsored by:

Turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 11:50 PM
Big Jay E
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Turn signals

My turn signals on my 03 coupe have started not working intermittently.

They will go for a while working OK, then just stop, or you can turn it on and it flashes 3 or 4 times than stop. All of the lights work. Emergency flashers work fine.

Last night they quit working and I stopped for dinner, then got back in the car and they worked, but only for 5 minutes. After another 5 minutes they worked again.

Almost seems like the flasher is getting hot. Anyone know if the turn signals and emergency flashers use the same flasher? Do these cars even have replaceable flashers?
Old 02-27-2015, 11:56 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

C5?

Hazardous Turn Signal Relay Switch is starting to go out. The turn signal is also within the Hazard Relay Switch.

Next time your turn signal goes out, tap above the Hazard Relay Switch. If they come back on, you're in for a real treat swapping that out.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:08 AM
Big Jay E
Melting Slicks

Where is that switch
Old 02-28-2015, 08:24 AM
Torch Rot Z
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I replaced my hazard switch by removing my knee bolster and reaching up behind the switch. I have some small arms and it was still tight reach though. Took all of maybe 15 min, although 13 of those minutes was getting two small screwdrivers back there to free the switch. Just another option if you don't want to remove your center console and radio brackets. Good luck Sir.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:27 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Big Jay, if you are having issues with the left and right turn signals it would be the Hazard switch. In the above post there is a link to where I describe 4 ways to resolve the issue. If it is not an issue with both sides we need to know.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and we can discuss on the phone.

Mr. Sam
Old 02-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Big Jay E
Melting Slicks

Yes, both sides. Never one side works and the other doesnt. I will try tapping above the hazzard button when it hapens again and see if that works. Then I will know I need to replace that switch.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:16 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

I removed and replaced mine but i opted to relocate mine to just under the carper under the side of console for easy access if it needs replacing again. I just replaced the hazard button back in the original location for looks only. Mr sam is the man on this item

Get notified of new replies

To Turn signals

Quick Reply: Turn signals