Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket BRIDE Seats, What Brackets and Sliders?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 02:13 AM
omegax1
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket BRIDE Seats, What Brackets and Sliders?

So I purchased some aftermarket Brideo VIOS III seats from a local but I've never installed aftermarket seats. To put these in my C5Z I would need brackets and sliders correct? Any recommendations on brackets and sliders? I was looking at these:

Do these look right to those with seats?
Seat brackets:

And Sliders:

Last edited by omegax1; 03-02-2015 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:10 PM
doublec4
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 24 Posts

Do the Bride seats bottom mount or side mount or both?
Old 03-02-2015, 01:50 AM
omegax1
Cruising

Side mount, those sliders I linked appear to do a pretty good job to save space which is what I fear in regards to the C5 install.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:23 PM
doublec4
Drifting

Well I don't know a whole lot about the Bride seats, but I was able to fit Sparco Fighter seats in my convertible on the stock rails. I used a pair of side mount brackets from Sparco and fit them to the stock power seat rails. I'm sitting a bit high for my liking so I may make my own brackets this summer but still retail the stock power rails.

Width wise the Sparco seat just barely fits (shoulder bolster just touches the door panel) but height wise there is clearance (on top of the power rails too). Unless the Bride seat is very tall, I probably wouldn't worry about height too much.

You can see the dimension chart on this page and compare to the seat you bought:

http://www.sparcousa.com/product/fighter
Old 03-03-2015, 02:18 AM
omegax1
Cruising

i wasn't aware there was a way to fit the a side mount racing seat onto the stock power rails. So you have a link to the brackets you used or any pictures of your setup? Dimensions wise it appears the should bolsters are smaller on the seat I'm using so hopefully they fit well.

I am looking to try to install these here next week and will be uploading pics, just waiting for the snow to clear here in Denver.

P.S. Thanks for all the info so far
Old 03-03-2015, 02:59 AM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

unless you ordered them from japan there is a very good chance those seats are fake. 80%+ of the bride seats in the usa are counterfeit. some of the fakes even get the takes to look very close

at least google what the authentic seats look like and compare. the cloth is often a give away as well

the fakes have not been tested and will likely not hold up in an accident

that seat from a US based authentic retailer like evasive costs you $3400 a pair in carbon. used is around 2500 if they are in good shape.

the fiberglass is cheaper but even still $1800 a pair new

great seats if real, comparable to a recaro pole position
Old 03-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by racebum
unless you ordered them from japan there is a very good chance those seats are fake. 80%+ of the bride seats in the usa are counterfeit. some of the fakes even get the takes to look very close

at least google what the authentic seats look like and compare. the cloth is often a give away as well

the fakes have not been tested and will likely not hold up in an accident

that seat from a US based authentic retailer like evasive costs you $3400 a pair in carbon. used is around 2500 if they are in good shape.

the fiberglass is cheaper but even still $1800 a pair new

great seats if real, comparable to a recaro pole position
You can get real Brides for under $1200 now in Fiberglass. They have came down considerably. I was sponsored by Tees USA for a while.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:53 AM
doublec4
Drifting

Originally Posted by omegax1
i wasn't aware there was a way to fit the a side mount racing seat onto the stock power rails. So you have a link to the brackets you used or any pictures of your setup? Dimensions wise it appears the should bolsters are smaller on the seat I'm using so hopefully they fit well.

I am looking to try to install these here next week and will be uploading pics, just waiting for the snow to clear here in Denver.

P.S. Thanks for all the info so far
I'll check tonight to see if I have any pictures of the set up outside of the car, but I don't think I do.

I used these brackets from Sparco (I think an older model, but should still work)

http://www.sparcousa.com/product/side-mount-steel-0

It's quite simple though. Remove the stock seat from the power rail (probably the most difficult part, but there's a write up somewhere if you search around). You'll be left with 4 studs pointing up.

Loosely mount the side mount brackets to the side of your seat so it sets the width of how your brackets will sit. Then drop the seat with the bracket attached onto the studs of your power seat rails. Tighten them down with some locking nuts (I think I used flanged nuts).

Use some cable ties or industrial velcro to mount the seat control module to the bottom of your new seat and clean up the wires. You will have some unused connectors if you previously had the inflatable bolsters on the stock seats.

Re-install and have fun!

The seats will probably sit a little high on the stock rails (mine do) but I don't think I mounted them in the lowest holes on the side mount brackets... I'm going to redo that this summer.

You will likely need to invest in some seat belt extensions if your Bride seat is a fixed back. My Sparcos are, and the seat belt receptacle is a b**** to get at. Some 3" extensions make life good again

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket BRIDE Seats, What Brackets and Sliders?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket BRIDE Seats, What Brackets and Sliders?