Sponsored by:

Testing Gauage Cluster UV Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 03:22 PM
C5R UZR
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6speedsteve
On my cluster I used B17 the brown wire to run my lights, the 2 pins listed for grounds are B15 & B13.

The other 12v power sources are A13 & A14
I'm looking to do a bench test on a spare cluster I have without having to pull apart the car. I really just want to confirm the gauge sweep and pull the mileage. However if it is easy enough to do, I may check the lighting as well.

Based on what you have now played with, can I do all that supplying 12V to A13 and A14 and ground to the B13 and B15 pins without any other inputs? Or do you need the module from Batee like in your pictures? I'm not sure what its purpose is unless it is to simulate readout values.
Thanks!
Old 11-26-2015, 06:14 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by 6speedsteve
On my cluster I used B17 the brown wire to run my lights, the 2 pins listed for grounds are B15 & B13.

The other 12v power sources are A13 & A14
Meant to ask you if when you powered up the IPC did you get the gauges to "sweep"? I have wondered if the sweep was internal to the IPC or from the PCM.

Mr. Sam
Old 11-26-2015, 11:21 PM
6speedsteve
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by C5R UZR
I'm looking to do a bench test on a spare cluster I have without having to pull apart the car. I really just want to confirm the gauge sweep and pull the mileage. However if it is easy enough to do, I may check the lighting as well.

Based on what you have now played with, can I do all that supplying 12V to A13 and A14 and ground to the B13 and B15 pins without any other inputs? Or do you need the module from Batee like in your pictures? I'm not sure what its purpose is unless it is to simulate readout values.
Thanks!

I had him make up the power supply just for 12v power, and I wanted a factory style plug so I could just plug & play. I am not too good with electrical systems so I contacted him for help & he made what I wanted, we had some issues that were corrected on the 2nd unit, we also had one wire hooked up that was not necessary & it would draw power that was making the unit flicker after a couple of minutes, I unplugged that circuit & it runs fine now, so I would think if you were to supply power & ground to those pins you should be OK, the only other ground I have is B8 but not sure if it is needed.

Last edited by 6speedsteve; 11-26-2015 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:26 PM
6speedsteve
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Meant to ask you if when you powered up the IPC did you get the gauges to "sweep"? I have wondered if the sweep was internal to the IPC or from the PCM.

Mr. Sam
Yes gauges did sweep when 12v power was applied.

And thanks for your help as well with my project.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:44 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Testing Gauage Cluster UV Bulbs