Sponsored by:

forum car maybe??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 11:38 PM
PharmD2B
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default forum car maybe??

Hey all...attempting to start a car hunt (potentially for this summer) and stumbled across a slick z and was wondering if it might happen to be a forum car that someone may recognize??

It's an '03 listed for sale in Spring, TX w/ an A&A charger out of England & Green. Any help would be appreciated!

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/..._A.565x366.jpg
Old 03-06-2015, 01:07 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,293 Likes on 13,966 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Nice looking car, that's for sure.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:34 PM
PharmD2B
8th Gear

nothing? That's a bummer...finding a "toy" on a forum is a nice way of getting a real history IMO. It's funny how sometimes you'll find someone selling "that garage queen that has never seen rain or a track" and then you find that same toy in a forum where every other day the seller is cursing ever owning it and hitting redline in every 1/4 mile they take it too...lol
Old 03-06-2015, 01:36 PM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Is that at Franks Vettes? I bought mine there last summer. Wished that one would have been there, looks like a nice car.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:28 PM
PharmD2B
8th Gear

No, or at least I don't think so...it's a "private seller" ad on auto trader.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=370811473

Pics look clean, but everything "looks" good in a pic from 10-20' away. I like the mods, but there is always that shadow of doubt of how "beat" the car is and being over 800mi away, it isn't close enough to just ride out and see it in person. That's why I thought I'd try and hunt it out on the forum...you can find all the hidden skeletons the owner doesn't want to tell you about when selling and trying to get top dollar...if there are any. Some people are straight up and honest, but I work in retail pharmacy and unfortunately get to see the other "not so honest" side of people and have become jaded in general towards people and honesty...lol
Old 03-06-2015, 03:07 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Pharm - I have had good luck doing the "Fly and drive" on three occasions.
Simply go to the appropriate Regional section here on the Forum and ask if someone is willing to go eyeball the car for you and do a test drive. This does not need to be a "full on" car inspection but the guy or gal can give you a heads up if anything looks/sounds fishy.
Several years ago I bought a c4 vert in Houston. Drove her back to Michigan with no problems. I discovered that the car was purchased new at a dealer about 1 hour from my home.
Be sure to send your new friend a check for their trouble.
I know what you are saying about people and their honesty. I retired from Urgent Care and have many stories about folks whose prescription for narcotics "blew out the window of the taxi on the way to the pharmacy".
Old 03-06-2015, 03:31 PM
PharmD2B
8th Gear

Originally Posted by corvetteronw
"blew out the window of the taxi on the way to the pharmacy".
yeah...have had some good ones over the years.

Have thought about doing the regional section thing once I get closer to a purchasing point. Right now is just comparing different cars and trying to compile a "pros/cons" list and get histories. Was looking at a boat once that was built a little and was "perfect" and ran well...after hitting a couple different forums I found the owner and read through his post history. Every other post was about pushing it as hard as he could every time it was on the water trying to get every 1/2-1mph out of it. For all I know it could've been solid and "taken care of", but after reading how he ran the guts out of it every time it was out I quickly lost interest.

Thx for the heads-up though!
Old 03-07-2015, 12:23 AM
ZFLASH
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14, '16

I don't know it,if I was you,I'd give Stephen a call at England Green.Maybe he can give you some info on it,or PM him on here. He's on his computer a lot and might get back to you that way. Also like Corvettron mention go to the forum Southwest region and also LS1 tech forum in the Texas region and ask the same questions. I'm all over H-town from EG,Franks Vettes and Richey Collision and don't recognize, good luck to you. L8R ZFLASH
Old 03-07-2015, 07:22 AM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Don' recognize that Z...but it looks very clean and has had some nice mods done to it. I agree...I would call Stephen and talk to him....and even pay him to inspect the car for you....would be worth a few bucks to make sure it checks out. I would have that Z on my short list for sure if I were shopping.
Good luck!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:31 AM
PharmD2B
8th Gear

I might try and shoot the seller an email for some more details and age/mileage on the mods. Maybe some undercarriage and front end pics if he has some already. I'm still very early into the looking process and easily 6+mos out from being in a position to buy so I don't want to be too much of a pain to the seller and/or England Green just yet. If I was in a better position to purchase sooner I wouldn't feel as bad requesting a bunch of info from the owner. Just don't want to "jerk his chain" knowing I can't do anything right now. Thanks for the advice and heads up from those that have responded!!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:40 AM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

I totally get the skepticism, and all you do is turn over every stone you can, then the bottom line is when you go to pick up the car you have to be able to turn around and go back home, start the search over again if it's not what they said it was. I drove 2 hours one way a few years ago after drilling this guy on the condition of his Harley... when we turned the corner nearly a block from his house the bike was sitting in his driveway and I could tell he was full of $h#@, turned around and drove home.

Get notified of new replies

To forum car maybe??

Quick Reply: forum car maybe??