Sponsored by:

Driver door module?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 03:36 PM
topkart43
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver door module?

I have replace my drivers side door module since both the driver window and lock don't work but the passenger side does. I ordered a driver module part # 10342159 and when it was hooked up it didn't solve the driver window or lock problem but still the passenger side works. After doing more research I found out I need part# 09389689 for the module.
I was wondering if anyone knew if another module # (cross match the part #s for another module that will work) would work or if it's not the module and could be something else in the door? Or do I need the exact part #?
When I hit the driver window switch I don't hear any clicking noise like I used to hear. I did put the passenger side module on the driver door and got the window to work.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 03-18-2015, 12:18 AM
ZFLASH
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14, '16

You need to have the exact model number, remove the other one asap you might fry your other computer parts.I'm having the same problem with my passenger side, GM doesn't make these anymore.So with that being said,you can still find new ones but you'll pay out of the *ss for it, or you can call Marc at Vettnuts 615-896-6100 and get a used one. Now the problem with this is, you don't know how long this will last.My first one lasted a year and half,the second one that's in now, a little over a month. He does have a 90 day return policy I think,so it's up to you.I'm thinking of calling Gene and seeing what his new ones are going for,sorry for being long,I just wanted to give you the best info I have. Good luck, L8R ZFLASH
Old 03-18-2015, 08:17 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by topkart43
I have replace my drivers side door module since both the driver window and lock don't work but the passenger side does. I ordered a driver module part # 10342159 and when it was hooked up it didn't solve the driver window or lock problem but still the passenger side works. After doing more research I found out I need part# 09389689 for the module.
I was wondering if anyone knew if another module # (cross match the part #s for another module that will work) would work or if it's not the module and could be something else in the door? Or do I need the exact part #?
When I hit the driver window switch I don't hear any clicking noise like I used to hear. I did put the passenger side module on the driver door and got the window to work.

Thanks,
Matt

I agree you have to have the exact part number or a GM superceded replacement.

Also, did you bother to see if the fuses for the driver door were OK, either one could cause your problem?
Old 03-18-2015, 02:11 PM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by ZFLASH
You need to have the exact model number, remove the other one asap you might fry your other computer parts.I'm having the same problem with my passenger side, GM doesn't make these anymore.So with that being said,you can still find new ones but you'll pay out of the *ss for it, or you can call Marc at Vettnuts 615-896-6100 and get a used one. Now the problem with this is, you don't know how long this will last.My first one lasted a year and half,the second one that's in now, a little over a month. He does have a 90 day return policy I think,so it's up to you.I'm thinking of calling Gene and seeing what his new ones are going for,sorry for being long,I just wanted to give you the best info I have. Good luck, L8R ZFLASH
Your third module, I would try and find out what is causing them to go out... bad connections? Bad ground? You'd think something was making this reoccurring problem an issue. Just thinking out loud.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:22 PM
topkart43
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I got a new module from vette nuts and I can hear the module clicking but only clicks when you try and roll the window up, and no clicking when you try and roll the window down. The driver door lock works and mirror but nothing on the window. Anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem? I've tried wiggling the door wires, I took the speaker off to try and feel and jams in the regulator, I'm about out of ideas.

Thanks
Matt
Old 03-22-2015, 02:16 AM
Voodoo13
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My entire drivers door accessories stopped working today. I took out the big accordion wire loom between the door and chassis. There are two connectors stuffed inside the door jamb (on the car side). Found that the black 18gauge ground wire had pulled completely out of the crimped connector pin. I pulled the pin out of the connector and recrimped the wire to it. Reinserted the pin into the connector and now all is well. Whew! I was thinking $$$.

I keep reading that people wiggle this big wire loom around and that fixes their various problems. Temporarily. That knowledge led me to taking the thing apart. Not saying this is your problem as I have not looked at a schematic to determine possible causes of your issue. but It might be worth 30 minutes of your time to inspect those connectors.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:20 AM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Bad, corroded, loose, connections seem to be a common problem... should be one of the first places to look.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:24 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

OK, looks like you got the correct module.

Since there is only one motor for the window, I would say these two are the most probable causes:

Replacement module needs a new window relay. One relay with contacts for window up and window down.

Door switch for window down is bad.

You can jumper the motor with 12 volts to make sure it drives the motor both ways. You just have to reverse the polarity.

If you can use an ohmmeter I can tell you what door switch pins/terminals to test. Or you could just jumper them for window down to prove if it is the switch or not.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this over the phone.

Get notified of new replies

To Driver door module?

Quick Reply: Driver door module?