Sponsored by:

Spring Time SC + Projects!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 07:24 AM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Delays and Vendors are killing my timelines !!!

The guys at County Corvette have made such great progress on my car, now they are waiting on parts I ordered a few weeks ago that are yet to be delivered.

Why can't vendors just tell you if stuff is going to be delayed??? Some do others don't. Above all, I am surprised at this one vendor-I have bought from them before and remember much better service. This time they left me without communication and I'm still waiting on my parts.

Another delay was caused during the rebuild of my torque tube. Once the new driveshaft was ready and they went to finish up the torque tube, they noticed a slight issue. As you can see by pic of the aluminum coupler below- NOT THE RIGHT MEASUREMENT!!! Not thick enough, WTF!!!. How do you sell stuff and not know whether they are or are not correct??? Luckily the shop looked into this and realized the issue. I had to order another one-went with another poly for quicker delivery:

The car will get all fluid changes, load base tune, re-install the hood and trim and fire up at least in the next couple of days. Once they get my remaining drive train parts in, they will finish the rear end and hit the dyno. Once that's done, its time to pay the piper and get it picked up!

Last edited by ezrider4u2; 04-19-2015 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:44 AM
skydiven4fun
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by sfc rick
You are going to be totally stoked once you mash the go pedal! Congrats on the decision that you made.

Yep your going to be having some fun there's nothing like the first time you have the gas on the floor, just make sure you have a lot of room, your also going to love that clutch, definitely a smart move.
The Alky control kit is something you can add whenever you see fit if at all.
Some of the few things I've learned since having mine, you definitely want to read some of the do's and dont's on the Alky web site if and when you decide to add Meth, the meth is pretty harsh on pump itself and with proper care you can go several years without having to have the pump rebuilt. (Not that it's expensive) just some good info.
Enjoy that bad *** ride

Last edited by skydiven4fun; 04-19-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:48 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

damn dude your couplers were trashed!... how did you not notice something before, or did you?... unfortunately there are some bad vendors out there and I have had the displeasure of dealing with some of them myself... some people just don't care any more, they are quick to take your money but just leave you stranded waiting on parts with no communication or when you get the parts they are wrong... then all you get is an I'm sorry and wait another week or 2 for the right stuff... in my opinion when they screw up like that they should be overnighting your parts with a return label
Old 04-20-2015, 06:56 PM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by skydiven4fun
Yep your going to be having some fun there's nothing like the first time you have the gas on the floor, just make sure you have a lot of room, your also going to love that clutch, definitely a smart move.
The Alky control kit is something you can add whenever you see fit if at all.
Some of the few things I've learned since having mine, you definitely want to read some of the do's and dont's on the Alky web site if and when you decide to add Meth, the meth is pretty harsh on pump itself and with proper care you can go several years without having to have the pump rebuilt. (Not that it's expensive) just some good info.
Enjoy that bad *** ride
Thank you for the insight! I went on their site last night and started reading on it.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:22 PM
Deneb
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

This is very exciting. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:28 PM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by neutron82
damn dude your couplers were trashed!... how did you not notice something before, or did you?... unfortunately there are some bad vendors out there and I have had the displeasure of dealing with some of them myself... some people just don't care any more, they are quick to take your money but just leave you stranded waiting on parts with no communication or when you get the parts they are wrong... then all you get is an I'm sorry and wait another week or 2 for the right stuff... in my opinion when they screw up like that they should be overnighting your parts with a return label
Regarding the couplers-honestly I never expected them to be that bad. Truthbetold I never suspected-no weird noises or vibrations.
As for the vendors, I guess that the most used vendors aren't always the best. In those cases I just wish they could have told me about the delays so I wouldn't look like such a dope with the shop or even more important, send me some shipping info. Then the parts show up and ofcourse there's a slight rubbing issue which required attention so that cost to get fixed.

As for selling me the wrong crap, I contaced the vendor, that item is going back for a refund for sure.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:11 PM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Axles In, Drive Train In...slight issue pops up......

So the rear axles finally made it in from RPM and surprise, a slight issue..... Now I had SKF Race Hubs and Bilstein Shocks installed a while back so they have been on the car since 2013. It appears that the lower mounts for stock vs. Bilstein are quite different. The new axles went in the car and were rubbing up against the lower shock mounts as you can see below. So the mounts had to be dealt with in order to make some space for the axles. According to the shop, they spoke to RPM and they said that this happens every so often due to aftermarket parts and size/thickness difference. The way they clearance the shock mount is the same way RPM has done it in the past so I should not have issues in the future.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:16 PM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Back Together and Dyno- 594 RWHP/551 RWTQ.

So County Corvette got the car back together and tuned today! I got the email while I was in the middle of a meeting. Honestly, at first I was a bit disappointed with the results. All of the money spent and to only see 111 RWHP and 100 RWTQ increase seem like a let down. I sent James at CC an email real quick. His reply basically told me 3 things: 1.) that they wanted to keep it safe, 2.) the car's set up has potential for much more 3.) I quote "Mike (tuner) ran out of mass air meter which is an issue with 97 & 98s". Not sure what to make of that last one but not being an expert in the matter or knowing if there is a way around it, I have to take their word. They have always treated me right so I trust them.

I guess I was so focused on the number of "600RWHP" or more that being below that kinda bummed me out for a bit. I was like WTF???. After really thinking about it for a few, I'm more than happy with that...for now. In reality, I just want to get my car back so I can drive it! Meth would have likely put me above that so now I know what my next quick project is gonna be when I get chance.

SO HERE IT IS
Now the file that was scanned and sent to me today had a VERY VERY light torque and A/F lines and they only used red and light red so I went over them in MS paint so I could seem them better. If you want to see the original, just see this link: (original file)https://www.corvetteforum.com/g/picture/3315969

Today after A&A Super Charger 593.9 RWHP/551 RWTQ

2013-Before with Cam Only LS3 482.6 RWHP / 441.3 RWTQ

Last edited by ezrider4u2; 04-24-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:33 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Whoa that's rich. You'll be over 600 rwhp once you get that sorted out. Good luck with the new toys!
Old 04-24-2015, 06:09 PM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Tech
Whoa that's rich. You'll be over 600 rwhp once you get that sorted out. Good luck with the new toys!
Thank you! You know, I just said that same thing in the FI section. I'm no expert about anything and know nothing about tuning but I was always under the impression that with FI I would see the A/F leaner than that.

Last edited by ezrider4u2; 04-24-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:20 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

do you have a wideband in the car?... if it really is that rich no doubt it needs to be leaned out some... I'm also curious why power started to drop off around 6k... how much boost did you see?... add meth and you might consider a 2 bar map sensor and a speed density tune... I think your car has a lot more in it, nothing against the guys that did the work (it appears they did a pretty good job) but maybe you can find a tuner that is a little more experienced with these setups to unlock some more of your cars potential
Old 04-24-2015, 08:44 PM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by neutron82
do you have a wideband in the car?... if it really is that rich no doubt it needs to be leaned out some... I'm also curious why power started to drop off around 6k... how much boost did you see?... add meth and you might consider a 2 bar map sensor and a speed density tune... I think your car has a lot more in it, nothing against the guys that did the work (it appears they did a pretty good job) but maybe you can find a tuner that is a little more experienced with these setups to unlock some more of your cars potential
No gages in the car until Monday, this was the inital tuning but I see your points and appreciate your observations.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:10 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa nice engine bay!

Are you doing anything on the outside like aero parts? We got quite a few of those available!

-RyanG
Old 04-25-2015, 03:41 PM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vividracing
Whoa nice engine bay!

Are you doing anything on the outside like aero parts? We got quite a few of those available!

-RyanG
Not really, maybe later once I get the car performing where I want it.

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:07 AM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Picking the Car Up Today!

Getting ready to go pick the car up this morning! I decided I will revisit the tune later. I need to get the car picked up while I have the chance, work and other stuff keeping me busy.

James from County Corvette sent over some shots of the car, car looks great. I'll get some shots of the engine bay once I get it back. I mentioned in another thread that I liked how the gage pod and white face gages match the dash gage cluster.

Last edited by ezrider4u2; 05-02-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:38 PM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Holly crap..... I was not expecting this to be such a freaking beast!!! It is so much of a difference between the car I dropped off and now. I realized there are certain things I can't do now so I have to adjust driving a bit. Way too much fun

Quick Reply: Spring Time SC + Projects!!!