Sponsored by:

Interior Innovations seat cover review

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 09:51 PM
briandechile
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Covers?

I think I know what you're going to say.. and let me say that your pics look AMAZING! So why choose covers over refinishing the seats?
Old 02-03-2016, 10:16 PM
regalvette
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Seats from mid america corvette

Old 02-04-2016, 12:11 AM
Crussader
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

The Mid America seats look nice, but they are almost 4 times the price. That is important to some people (including me)
Old 02-04-2016, 12:13 AM
Crussader
Racer

Back on the topic of Interior Innovations covers, can anybody tell me how close their red inserts are in color to a true torch red?
Old 02-04-2016, 12:23 AM
jjaaam
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts

Here's mine - put them in about a year ago. Synthetic with genuine perf inserts. Real leather all around may be more fancy, but I'll bet the synthetic holds up better and won't wrinkle.

Price was right, delivery was good, and customer service was good too when there was a mistake on the flag color (I got a console cover that was wrong). Installation was OK...fitment wasn't 100% perfect so I took a few shortcuts that nobody would ever know about but myself.

Overall, yeah - I'd get them again.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:55 AM
92GA
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by regalvette
Seats from mid america corvette

G]
Not everybody has taste like yours, I like some of Interior Innovations much better. So that's what I bought and am very happy with them.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Witmer
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by briandechile
I think I know what you're going to say.. and let me say that your pics look AMAZING! So why choose covers over refinishing the seats?
In this thread, "covers" is interchangeable with "new skins". In order to install, one has to remove the stock leather down to the foam. One then recovers the foam (or new foam) with the new leather or synthetic skin. These are not "covers" that go over the existing seat material.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Witmer
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Crussader
Back on the topic of Interior Innovations covers, can anybody tell me how close their red inserts are in color to a true torch red?
Really hard to say. Found a picture that also has some of the exterior color. As an interior accent color, it works.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:35 PM
BlackbirdXX
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's mine .. I opted for a chocolate insert to add some color to the Lt. Oak, They had no problems custom configuring the inserts with a color not shown on the website
Old 02-21-2016, 10:15 AM
Keev1414
Pro

Received 242 Likes on 117 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist

They have very nice product's. But are extremely hard too get ahold of!!!!

Last edited by Keev1414; 02-21-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:17 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Just looking at these, they look very nice. From what I see from the pix, it seems like the full leather fit tighter than the synthetic. (no offense meant!)
As for the problem with deformed (read old) foam, if one is on a budget, there are plenty of types of support materials you can buy at a place like Joann's Fabric that you can fix the seat with if you don't want to go for all new foam, OR to personalize it.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:00 AM
BlackbirdXX
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default email!

Originally Posted by Keev1414
They have very nice product's. But are extremely hard too get ahold of!!!!
Forget about calling... email is the best way to get an answer but keep on him he will reply. I'm on my second set ordered - shipped late due to a slight stain, but caught in QC and rejected, I'm good with that.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:20 AM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

Is it worth replacing the foam when replacing the inserts? My car doesn't have a lot of miles on it (~40k). Wouldn't mind having firmer foam though. Is it a difficult job to do? Some of the covers on these photos look loose, as if the foam's not poofy enough or the covers are just too big (not stretched enough, i.e., wrinkles).

Last edited by SLO VETTE; 10-21-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:14 PM
frsr06
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

Absolutely replace the foam -when you take the old covers off you will find the foam is very deteriorated. The old foam will be torn by the wires in the seat structure. I replaced the foam, added a piece of burlap to protect future cutting of the foam and then added extra foam in the bolster as you crawl out on the left. Well worth the extra cost or you will only be going back in later. While you have the seat our I'd change out the spacers that cause the "rocking chair" problem. All a good project for a Saturday afternoon with a 6-pack (case?) of your favorite beverage. PM is you need any advise.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:44 PM
hydrasport
Pro

Originally Posted by BlackbirdXX
Here's mine .. I opted for a chocolate insert to add some color to the Lt. Oak, They had no problems custom configuring the inserts with a color not shown on the website
That color combo looks great. I have a question for you about the light oak color. I was ready to order a set of covers but I was concerned about the console cover being light oak and the seat covers being called cashmere. They replied in an email that light oak , cashmere and beige were all the same colors and the different items would match. It looks like you have the GM cashmere interior. Does the light oak match the cashmere? Was the cashmere color option available to you? Has any one here ordered the cashmere covers and does that color match the GM cashmere color?
I have emailed them a while back and asked for two samples, but I have not received any samples. I would really like to see the burnt orange as my car is atomic orange and I wanted to add some color to the plain cashmere interior that I currently have.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:27 PM
frsr06
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrasport
That color combo looks great. I have a question for you about the light oak color. I was ready to order a set of covers but I was concerned about the console cover being light oak and the seat covers being called cashmere. They replied in an email that light oak , cashmere and beige were all the same colors and the different items would match. It looks like you have the GM cashmere interior. Does the light oak match the cashmere? Was the cashmere color option available to you? Has any one here ordered the cashmere covers and does that color match the GM cashmere color?
I have emailed them a while back and asked for two samples, but I have not received any samples. I would really like to see the burnt orange as my car is atomic orange and I wanted to add some color to the plain cashmere interior that I currently have.
When I had issue with color from Interior Innovations they sent me leather swatches to compare - and it was only for a stick shift boot. They are very good that way.
The following users liked this post:
chasboy (07-14-2017)
Old 11-28-2016, 06:50 PM
SCvette1
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was very pleased with their product and service. Color match was very good and everyone that rides thinks it's new leather seats! Great bang for the buck....just like our C5's

Get notified of new replies

To Interior Innovations seat cover review

Old 11-28-2016, 08:00 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

I just got notified by them that my covers are done and will be shipped ASAP. They did exactly what I wanted, which is light oak stitching (looks white in the pic) black perf. bolsters, suede double diamond stitch seating areas. I also ordered new foam for both seats. They stayed close in touch during the whole process. Here's a pic they sent me.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:43 PM
keithbennett
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Another happy customer - great product and worth more than they charge.<br/>
Old 07-13-2017, 01:56 PM
bobschatter
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Torch Red

Not sure if you ever got a reply to your question regarding OEM torch red to Interior Innovations. I got these yesterday..."torch red with white insert" in synthetic leather. The picture is next to the good (clean) condition seat cover coming off.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Interior Innovations seat cover review