Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please read this before buying Corsa exhaust. I am very disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 10:55 AM
Bud Doggin
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you get it figured out. My Corsa Extremes don't line up perfect either... but I love the exhaust. Best I have ever had, and I've had a few over the years.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:10 PM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

i installed my corsa on a lift the first time took all but 45 mins to install..but i had longtube headers..so that made it pretty easy...when i installed my fully built transmission i ended up removing my exhaust with only 31'' of ground clearance and managed to get it out and installed....and i agree with other's your welds do look a bit off esp ..coming from corsa
Old 05-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Had my Corsa X-pipe and Catback for years, they went on easy and a local performance muffler shop lined up the tips for me in about 15 minutes. Sorry the OP had troubles. Several years later I installed my Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers. They mated up perfectly. Sorry for your troubles OP!
Old 05-02-2015, 08:25 PM
1999C5JSS
Instructor

Pics would help me confirm issue . Over axle pipes at joint. I like to see a perfect instal showing pipes straight not one up and one down like mine
Old 05-26-2015, 10:48 PM
Cajun1
5th Gear

My issue is similar to 1999C5JSS. I had installed, only the Corsa Sport axleback system, not incuding an X pipe on my 2002 last week. Driver side tips drooping and pointing inward after a few short runs. Re-aligned, tightened...same thing again. Called Corsa and was advised to be sure at least 1" of elbow penetrated muffler. Loosened muffler clamp and had only about 3/8" into muffler. I was told I could get the additional elbow muffler penetration by loosening the elbow over axle clamp, pulling on the elbow at the over axle connection and simultaneously pushing the elbow into muffler. I did this, got the 1" muffler penetration, marked the elbow, and was able to align tips.....Happiness. Few days later after a few short runs, noticed DS tips drooping and extended about 1/2" farther out from bumper than PS tips. Loosened the DS over axle clamp and saw less than 1/4" of the elbow covering the pipe....actually loose and in some danger of falling off. The pipe penetrations at both ends of the elbow can be checked by visually looking at the slits cut into the elbow and the muffler inlet. The slits are about 7/8" long so it's easy to judge about an inch penetration. A conundrum here....If the elbow is far enough into the muffler(1"), it can only be covering the over axle pipe about 3/8"", and vice versa. As an old ME, I think only a few things could be wrong, just a couple are: The over axle pipe is too short or the elbow is too short. Either way, if the elbow is longer on the un-formed end by about 3/4", the problem might be solved. I will call Corsa on this tomorrow. Note: I loosened the PS clamps and the penetration at both ends was at least an inch. Sorry for the long screed but hard to explain otherwise.

Last edited by Cajun1; 05-27-2015 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:00 AM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

OP. How did you pay for it? Assuming a credit card, call your credit card company and send it back as defective.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:20 PM
1999C5JSS
Instructor

Originally Posted by jptgs1
OP. How did you pay for it? Assuming a credit card, call your credit card company and send it back as defective.

I bought x pipe from summit and system from jegs.

I kept the x pipe but returned the system to jegs.

Jegs really was great service . I explained my issue and they helped me out.

to bad I could not keep system but only way to make it work was to mod and for the money not interested in the drama it gave. so good bye corsa exhaust
Old 05-30-2015, 06:59 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

I bought a used pace car system with the Daytona tips which I absolutely love with my LG longtubes but I am going on 3 weeks now with the driver side muffler sitting extremely lower than the perfect passenger side. Today, the muffler actually fell off on the highway. Luckily, no one was injured and I salvaged the muffler. I'm really thinking at this point just paying the $ and getting a shop to do their magic.

Quick Reply: Please read this before buying Corsa exhaust. I am very disappointed