Sponsored by:

HUD Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 06:33 AM
Scott Luttrell
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HUD Problems

Replaced the dic buttons and everything worked fine for 2 days. then, nothing at all. asked stealership how much to re program a used insrument cluster. they said that they couldn't do it . 10,000 fine blah blah blah. so they sent mine out to be fixed. 600 bucks! 2nd day the hud stpos working, dealer says not their problem 80 bucks to diagnose!! Anybody? everything else works fine. trip, fuel etc.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:17 AM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

I can only hope that your HUD problem is the same as what happened to mine. Mine stopped working one day, don't know why. I obtained the HUD repair docs from VettemanJack and prepared to disassemble the dash and figure out what was wrong. Before I did that, I happened to have the car out at night. When I pulled in the garage, I noticed a few letters visible at the lowest point of the HUD against the windshield. They were very faint, but there. I tried making adjustments to the HUD and, with the help of the owners manual, found that my HUD did not break, for some reason it just went to another page that had minimal information therefore barely visible. Try changing the screen and/or using the adjustments to lift the screen before you pay a bunch of money or rip into it yourself. My "repair" was embarrisingly simple. I have no idea why it happened but it never re-occurred. It's worth a shot. If that doesn't work, contact Vettemanjack for a copy of the recommended repair for the HUD.

Last edited by roadbike56; 04-22-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:51 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

You have been screwed. I told you I recommended a great shop near Charleston who could fix you up.

Any GM dealer or someone/shop with a Tech 2 can reprogram the mileage, There is no fine for setting up the correct mileage on another IPC, just rolling it back.

Does the IPC work correctly now and just the HUD is the problem? Still could be an IPC issue and not the actual HUD.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:25 AM
c5vetteguy
Melting Slicks

Received 231 Likes on 163 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

You don't say exactly what your problem is. Is the HUD not displaying at all? Why would you want a re-program? Are you trying to get the mileage reset or what? Why did the dealer send your cluster out, and for what?
When I installed my HUD, all I had to do was send the new (used) cluster out to have the odometer set to my old mileage (a company that does just that). It cost $80-$85.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:00 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

He has not told you the whole story. This like the 8th or 9th Thread on his IPC display issue. He keeps starting a new one when he does not get the answer he thinks is correct.

He has now paid a price for not listening to us.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:36 AM
Scott Luttrell
Advanced

Originally Posted by dadaroo
He has not told you the whole story. This like the 8th or 9th Thread on his IPC display issue. He keeps starting a new one when he does not get the answer he thinks is correct.

He has now paid a price for not listening to us.
Not entirely true! Fact: Never should have taken to dealer. Only did so because williams was busy and the car was to be sold. I do listen to you people, just got impatient. And yes i paid the price! Everything worked after i replaced the dic buttons. FOR TWO DAYS! then , nothing. then i was told it was an IPC issue. Dealership said that they could fix it for 425.00 total. Bottom line was 600. On second day i had no hud. Dealer said it wasn't their problem and they would check it, for a diagnostic fee. Wont go back there. So here we are. I'm selling the car but i'd like it to be right. That's all. Thanks for your input and your time!
Old 04-25-2015, 06:41 AM
Scott Luttrell
Advanced

Originally Posted by c5vetteguy
You don't say exactly what your problem is. Is the HUD not displaying at all? Why would you want a re-program? Are you trying to get the mileage reset or what? Why did the dealer send your cluster out, and for what?
When I installed my HUD, all I had to do was send the new (used) cluster out to have the odometer set to my old mileage (a company that does just that). It cost $80-$85.

Dealer said they had to send out the cluster to be fixed. On the repair order it states internal short in IPC. Should have listened to the forum, just lost patience, wont happen again. The hud worked fine for 1 day then , nothing. I hit page etc and nothing. thats all i got. thanks for your time.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:50 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Williams is a Tuner, here are the guys to do your work. They are really good and work on C5s all the time.

Above and Beyond Auto
In Summerville on 17 A about 2 miles from I-26
Martin and Ricky
843-608-8759
Old 04-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Scott Luttrell
Advanced

Williams is a Tuner, here are the guys to do your work. They are really good and work on C5s all the time.

Above and Beyond Auto
In Summerville on 17 A about 2 miles from I-26
Martin and Ricky
843-608-8759
Thanks again for your input. How can u tell if an 01 has the F55 shocks on it without the build sheet?
Old 04-25-2015, 08:39 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

F45 was optional in 2001. If so, you should have a selective ride switch on the console. You can also determine by looking for RPO code F45 in the glove box. Lastly you could inspect the shocks and see if they have electrical connections for the sensors and solenoid.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:19 PM
Scott Luttrell
Advanced

williams is a tuner, here are the guys to do your work. They are really good and work on c5s all the time.

Above and beyond auto
in summerville on 17 a about 2 miles from i-26
martin and ricky
843-608-8759
843-771-0215 is the # for these guys.

Get notified of new replies

To HUD Problems

Quick Reply: HUD Problems