Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with Custom straight pipe set up :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 02:09 AM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 278 Posts
Default Need Help with Custom straight pipe set up :)

Hey guys

after wanting a borla straight pipe set up and then a B&B Bullet set up I decided I just don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping, taxes , u.s conversion rates etc, so Im going to do a custom straight pipe set up.

I know from my research that a typical straight set up gets you some sort of a motorboat mixed with a tractor sound, which I do not want, so im going to add in my own resonators, and or possibly baffles to help tweak the sound into something better, im quite excited.

My goal is to run a true straight pipe, not over the axle, with a resonator on each side , and my own choice of 4-5 inch tips welded on.

First a few questions:

1. What sized piping do I need?
2. What kind of metal should be used? Aluminum? Stainless? etc..???
3. What brand of Resonators should I use?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very ,much
Old 04-25-2015, 02:24 AM
Lee DeRaud
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Willy1
My goal is to run a true straight pipe, not over the axle, with a resonator on each side , and my own choice of 4-5 inch tips welded on.
Anybody got a face-palm smiley I can borrow?
Old 04-25-2015, 02:33 AM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
Anybody got a face-palm smiley I can borrow?
lol here we go .

I hope im not going to need my boxing gloves again, I promised myself no more fighting in the forums.

Just try to offer some help pls, I wanna start ordering stuff I need, im very busy with work these days and don't have much spare time, I got the next 3 days off so I wanna TCB.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:34 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

I'd run 2 1/2" stainless if you don't run mufflers. 3" will make it much louder. I'd not do an x-pipe, that will eliminate the motorboat sound. Either do an H-pipe of equal diameter or no crossover at all if you'd like more rumble. There is a manufacturer of street rod exhaust products that makes mufflers that attach to the end of your exhaust with integral custom tips for the end, all in polished stainless. They used to be in Florida, if still around. They also make custom billet brackets and hangers. You can buy everything you need from them.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:38 AM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by striper
I'd run 2 1/2" stainless if you don't run mufflers. 3" will make it much louder. I'd not do an x-pipe, that will eliminate the motorboat sound. Either do an H-pipe of equal diameter or no crossover at all if you'd like more rumble. There is a manufacturer of street rod exhaust products that makes mufflers that attach to the end of your exhaust with integral custom tips for the end, all in polished stainless. They used to be in Florida, if still around. They also make custom billet brackets and hangers. You can buy everything you need from them.
Thanks a lot man, I really don't have the time or money to get into the X-pipe for now, so I wasn't planning on messing with it.

I guess I forgot to mention this is just an axle back set up, I don't want to go any further back then that for the time being.

Thanks for the info

Last edited by 1Willy1; 04-25-2015 at 02:48 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help with Custom straight pipe set up :)

Quick Reply: Need Help with Custom straight pipe set up :)