C5 rebulit now have act hand warming up

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 03:45 PM
runninaarons
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 rebulit now have act hand warming up

Hi all,

Quick question just had my y2K rebuilt, it had 200,000 miles on it. Just got back from the shop and they only problem is I'm getting the "act handling warming up" won't turn off. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:43 PM
runninaarons
3rd Gear

[QUOTE=8VETTE7;1589510109]Was the steering rack out of the car when the rebuild work was done???

If yes then the rack or steering wheel got turned between disassembly and reassembly and the steering wheel position sensor is no longer centered........

Thanks for the reply,

The steering rack was not out of the car, the messages does not appear untill I start driving, where would your recommend I look first?
Old 04-28-2015, 02:47 AM
runninaarons
3rd Gear

[QUOTE=8VETTE7;1589510454][QUOTE=runninaarons;158951037

If you are certain the rack was not out of the car or disconnected during the rebuild then you have to look at steering wheel alignment when driving straight on a flat road. If the wheel is NOT exactly straight in those conditions the steering wheel position sensor (SWPS) is not "electrically" center and causing the calibration not to be able to complete.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!!

But know that I think of it I am sure they would have to disconnect the steering rack to drop the craddle, so the solution would be to disassemble and reassemble with the steering wheel centered??

Get notified of new replies

To C5 rebulit now have act hand warming up

Quick Reply: C5 rebulit now have act hand warming up