Sponsored by:

Convertible Rear Window

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 08:54 AM
Dag Skagney
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Convertible Rear Window

Rear window on 02 Vert got hit by rock....Shattered Glass....Have searched but have been unable to find replacement glass....I checked with Safelite and they do not install window glass in convertible tops...Anyone know where I can find replacement glass or where to go to have repaired short of buying entire new top?
Old 05-03-2015, 09:33 AM
frsr06
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

I just checked fleabay and you can find on used there - search under corvette convertible window. Good luck.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:22 PM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,216 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Dag Skagney
Rear window on 02 Vert got hit by rock....Shattered Glass....Have searched but have been unable to find replacement glass....I checked with Safelite and they do not install window glass in convertible tops...Anyone know where I can find replacement glass or where to go to have repaired short of buying entire new top?
If you have comprehensive insurance coverage you may want to check with your agent/carrier on replacement opportunities. The insurance carriers usually have vendors that can supply glass in most circumstances.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:28 AM
bluevette2001
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rear glass is not "really" replaceable. It's bonded to the top when the top is made. Many have had luck with Gorilla glue but most glass places will want to sell you a new top because that's all they can do. Doubt any place has the equipment to actually rebond the glass if you do find a used one.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:27 PM
caroutisine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know but if it's the original top from 2002, I would take this opportunity to just replace the entire top. My 2001 top has little minor stains, wrinkles, a little wear around where the door windows brush up on it when opening and closing. And you probably wouldn't end up spending that much more money considering the time that would likely be involved removing and reinstalling the glass, not to mention possible damage to the top around the glass.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Dag Skagney
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanx for the replies. Ended up turning in to insurance. Will pay the deductible and end up with new top. After research and as some of the replies stated, the glass is really not replaceable. Dropped the car off today to have new top installed. Hopefully will have successful outcome.

Get notified of new replies

To Convertible Rear Window

Quick Reply: Convertible Rear Window