Sponsored by:

Polished stainless covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 03:13 AM
mark03c5
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Polished stainless covers

Is there anyone that has stanless polished alternator cover are any other stainless covered in there engine bay.just wondering how to take care of them.i ran I fingers across my alternator corver and look like it scratched it.looks like these are more problem than they are worth.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by mark03c5
Is there anyone that has stanless polished alternator cover are any other stainless covered in there engine bay.just wondering how to take care of them.i ran I fingers across my alternator corver and look like it scratched it.looks like these are more problem than they are worth.
the advantage of stainless is it is a polished finish so you can buff out scratches, mine would not scratch with a finger nail or other, they seem fairly resistant to scratches.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:00 PM
JEH03Vette
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I recently installed a stainless battery cover and fuse box lid. Was kind of a PITA to install and am still having issues with the hood closing now. As far as scratches are concerned it does seem like it is easy to scratch, but I suppose they can be buffed out. If I were to do it again, I would likely go with a body color painted battery cover and leave the fuse box as is.

Get notified of new replies

To Polished stainless covers

Quick Reply: Polished stainless covers