Sponsored by:

`torch red seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 01:32 AM
GREG O.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default `torch red seats

I purchased a torch red Corvette recently, but leather sport seats seem to be a little darker..They are brand new and beautiful. Could these be mod red leather seat upoulstry?

Last edited by GREG O.; 05-14-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:17 PM
Mr.TT
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '15-'16

Trying to understand your question: are you comparing the torch red exterior color with the red interior color?

Mod red is just torch red with black inserts, so the red is the same. As to whether the red matches between the exterior paint and the leather, that's a different story. I never really compared the two closely.

(I have a torch red Z06 with a mod red interior)

Edit: There is a much darker C5 red interior called firethorn red... it's almost maroon though.

Last edited by Mr.TT; 05-14-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:40 AM
GREG O.
Drifting

Default torch red seats

Originally Posted by Mr.TT
Trying to understand your question: are you comparing the torch red exterior color with the red interior color?

Mod red is just torch red with black inserts, so the red is the same. As to whether the red matches between the exterior paint and the leather, that's a different story. I never really compared the two closely.

(I have a torch red Z06 with a mod red interior)

Edit: There is a much darker C5 red interior called firethorn red... it's almost maroon though.
My torch red exterior is brighter than my seats...My seats are black sport seats with supposedly torch red inserts, but the red is slightly darker. the guy I purchased vette from said he had an upholstery shop do it..maybe the shop just found a vat of red laying around and used it instead...Also, for being new seats I don't get smell of leather. so I am coming to the conclusion these might be synthetic....
Old 05-15-2015, 12:23 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by GREG O.
My torch red exterior is brighter than my seats...My seats are black sport seats with supposedly torch red inserts, but the red is slightly darker. the guy I purchased vette from said he had an upholstery shop do it..maybe the shop just found a vat of red laying around and used it instead...Also, for being new seats I don't get smell of leather. so I am coming to the conclusion these might be synthetic....
Post some pics and there is a good chance we could identify the actual vendor based on all the aftermarket options for the C5 interior over the years.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:02 PM
GREG O.
Drifting

Originally Posted by MSG C5
Post some pics and there is a good chance we could identify the actual vendor based on all the aftermarket options for the C5 interior over the years.
Can't seem to get pics from my pc or 6PLUS I-phone to this post...I have photo bucket but no pics in there yet.have to figure this out..thanks
Old 05-15-2015, 09:29 PM
GREG O.
Drifting

Originally Posted by MSG C5
For now I have a few pics in MY ALBUMS..Click on my signiture first... The reds, because of lighting,, change from shot to shot..but the red is in person are actually slightly darker...I think the seller had them done at a shop near Northern Va. They are in great shape....But it just bugs me that they are not a perfect torch red match...The wife says I am getting too picky..Also he stated they were leather, but I had leather on my 11 yr. old frc and when u opened the door especially on a hot day u could really smell the leather..These seats have no smell of leather, actually, no smell at all..btw: I sniffed the side bolster and top of red sport seat.... Also, first time I ever saw the white bands across the seats and the top one with black corvette scrolled on it..

Last edited by GREG O.; 05-15-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To `torch red seats

Quick Reply: `torch red seats