Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 1997 'Vette Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 12:25 PM
kennedy759
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

welcome fellow 97 owner, I also have the replica zr1 wheels, and I also drive a turbo volvo, 2000 s70 glt se
Old 05-25-2015, 04:56 PM
R1 Rider
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Congratulations! Make it your own, if ya listen to "most" on here you'll have it lowered, hash mark stripes on the hood, Z06 suspension, 50 vette logos on the interior and only drive it slowly to cruise ins, totaling 800 miles per year

I said "most" not everyone
Old 05-25-2015, 06:35 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Congrats! I think it is great you and your dad bought this car. nothing like sharing the passion in the family. In my case, I'm the dad...and both my son and I drive Vettes.

You did well for what you paid for sure, and you're going to make it what you and your dad want it to be...that's the beauty of these cars, and not being afraid to modify them a thousand different ways.

Enjoy it! and when something goes wrong, this forum is a great place for information and resources.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:25 PM
john_d.
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car and nice price! (another '97 owner here, 80k miles, I got mine two and a half years ago for around 11k, and had some tacky stuff to take off too...) It still has the brake vents and some screens.

And Z06 emblems. I still need to take those off.

I just finished fixing some things on it. Climate control was dead, e-brake didn't work. Fixed those, and put a rear camera on it and tied it into the aftermarket radio/display in it. Also worked around the bose processor and ran directly to the speakers using the existing wiring.

Did the rocking seat fix just recently too. Replaced some missing and worn rubber bits and plugs. About to put a couple of oxygen sensors in it. Overall it's been low maintenance considering the age.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:46 AM
GeekTheGecko
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you all again, seriously! I'm glad to be a part of a good community that seems real cool. I frequently check back to see what yall have posted and I appreciate your thoughts and comments.

This 'vette seemed to have drawn my father and I closer together, and he's the one who got the twin-turbo Volvo for me back in highschool! I thank God for him and hope for good days to come with the 'vette even though there's a few mods I would definitely like to take care of soon. It's hard when you're busy though!
Old 05-26-2015, 03:59 PM
dharmadan
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and congrats!

(Have had mine since November, my first, and have added 10k trouble-free miles.)
Old 05-27-2015, 03:43 PM
littleed
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats got a 97 too. Got in 2006. It's was 20000 back then for it but I love it. Make sure to read up n as there are some problems you can run into With our ywar. Allot of the parts aren't made for our year anymore like the pcm. Cost me 800 dollars for a used one. Enjoy and have fun.

Quick Reply: New 1997 'Vette Owner