Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 z06, boosted. Build/update thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 08:36 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

took them out. took 20 mins to take both out... its 4 bolts and 4 clips to remove them both. Took me a few minutes to figure out the angle / spot to access from. Other than that it was a piece of cake and turned out 100x better. About to do it for the grilles on the side skirts.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:50 PM
John_B
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason913
took them out. took 20 mins to take both out... its 4 bolts and 4 clips to remove them both. Took me a few minutes to figure out the angle / spot to access from. Other than that it was a piece of cake and turned out 100x better. About to do it for the grilles on the side skirts.

No need to remove the bumper? Just reaching behind it? I definitely want to do this
Old 09-14-2015, 10:50 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

reach through the brake inlets iirc. or you may have to remove the front lip. my car doesnt have that, and has a hole behind the plate cover... makes it a touch easier.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:02 AM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

nice build, Rains too much in Florida to not have two sets of tires. Especially in the summer, I learnt that the hard way on I95
Old 09-15-2015, 10:23 AM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

yep. i learned and quickly corrected the situation lol. two sets of rears FTW
Old 09-16-2015, 05:19 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

This one doesn't look bad with the lightly tinted plate cover.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

good news and bad news?
"They did uncover that one of my new billets is already slightly bent which is producing a vibration at high speeds... gotta source a local place to get it round and good to go again. Bummer!"

Took the wheel to the wheel straightening people..... they looked it over, put it on their machine.... said no way the wheel is bent, thats just a super ****** tire needing that much weight to balance. Makes NO sense, considering the other tire is perfect and how little mileage is on it. Left m&h a voicemail saturday after leaving glenn's wheel repair.

Just got a call back, from the owner of m&h. Great guy. Talked it all over with him, hes going to send me a fedex tag and inspect the tire himself to double check. Two different reputable places have told me there's a huge issue, first place said wheel...

Hopefully he sees the 3 badly out of round spots and sends me a new tire. Which he said he would...

Good news- new wheel is straight
Bad news- have to wait for tire ordeal to shake out. Will either be free or another 300 bucks....

I changed the oil in the vette too. This newer pennzoil has great reviews and walmart has it cheap. Switching over to that.... going to send in an oil sample from the old oil, and again when i change this pennzoil out. Always wanted to use blackstone, now have a reason to test the oil lol.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:02 PM
c5z06.O
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

How do those toyo tires perform? I'm up for some new ones in a couple of months. Had the pilot Michelin before. I went with the Bridgestone this time and didn't really stick on the turns in the highway. TIA
Old 09-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

i like the toyos for daily duty! Great in the rain, good enough dry traction... until about 2 psi lol.

406 shipped for the pair. Cant beat them
Old 09-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

the owner of m&h was like "the chances of it being a bad tire are very very slim". I said yeah probably true....since ive bought 30-50 tires or so, 0 were ever warrantied. This is a bad tire though. no question about it.

Over half a pound of wheel weights split into two spots to get it to 0 balance. The bitch weighs ~18.5 lbs LMAO.

lonely wheel in my room

the ******* tire waiting for punishment

Old 10-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

M&h owner replicated the issue today after he got the tire. Shipping out a new one to me, also today... just in time to be mounted and tested at fl2k. Pretty pleased with their service and communication throughout.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

Found this pic over the weekend. GOALS! God damn

Figured i should make sure she is on point for this weekend.

Seat shifted sometime last week and was STILL rocking. Took it out, took the foam off, re-situated everything and tightened the **** out of all the hardware. Seems good to go again, nice and tight too.... if it happens again im order a new piece of foam. This one is beyond repair lol

Was checking oil level... and caught this. Had to have happened sometime this week, and I'm hoping it was a freak occurrence. Otherwise going to order a billet tensioner, new belts. Crank pulley doesn't move at all, and it's not the stock ls6 one iirc.... so i do not believe the balancer is shot. If it was, that would be annoying... as replacement is pricey and a PITA to install. Common problems here, but usually not at this mileage! If this tensioner is from 2002, it may just need replacement. I put the belt back on and going to keep an eye on ti.

Hood liner was shot and looked beat so i ripped it off. I think I like it without the liner.... if I decide to keep it bare, i will take the hood off and spray the middle to get rid of the factory markings and where they didn't paint. Otherwise i think a brand new replacement is ~120.

Should've checked/emptied this when i changed the oil. I read comments frequently that say "oh catch cans are a waste, blah blah this reason blah blah"

proof it works

I think she is as ready as i can get her (click for vids). Just waiting on the tire.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:24 PM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Jason913
Found this pic over the weekend. GOALS! God damn

Figured i should make sure she is on point for this weekend.

Seat shifted sometime last week and was STILL rocking. Took it out, took the foam off, re-situated everything and tightened the **** out of all the hardware. Seems good to go again, nice and tight too.... if it happens again im order a new piece of foam. This one is beyond repair lol

Was checking oil level... and caught this. Had to have happened sometime this week, and I'm hoping it was a freak occurrence. Otherwise going to order a billet tensioner, new belts. Crank pulley doesn't move at all, and it's not the stock ls6 one iirc.... so i do not believe the balancer is shot. If it was, that would be annoying... as replacement is pricey and a PITA to install. Common problems here, but usually not at this mileage! If this tensioner is from 2002, it may just need replacement. I put the belt back on and going to keep an eye on ti.

Hood liner was shot and looked beat so i ripped it off. I think I like it without the liner.... if I decide to keep it bare, i will take the hood off and spray the middle to get rid of the factory markings and where they didn't paint. Otherwise i think a brand new replacement is ~120.

Should've checked/emptied this when i changed the oil. I read comments frequently that say "oh catch cans are a waste, blah blah this reason blah blah"

proof it works

I think she is as ready as i can get her (click for vids). Just waiting on the tire.

That can't be!! Catchcans are never needed, right? (or so a few dead set on misinformation claim) LOL! Oil ingestion is never good, and with the new GDI engines for 2014 and up for the Stingray, it is even more critical.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

Agreed. All FI c7 owners should install a catch can!
Old 10-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

New tire came today. So here's a tire picture:

I remember when i said i wasn't going to do anything but retune it.....

Since the new to me drive shaft is going to be a pretty involved task (still not sure i will try it on jack stands, actually)... going to do some other **** at the same time. No brainer right? Well one thing led to another cuz you cant have new diff mount without new engine mounts, etc... and now all this awesome **** is on order.

Then i was like well ****.... I may as well do a fun mod if im doing all this to make her stronger. So i bought viking crusader coilovers for the rear too. LOL

Old 10-08-2015, 01:25 PM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Dang I like this build!!!
Old 10-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Kasey0104
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brb have to wipe the drool off my keyboard.

Get notified of new replies

To 02 z06, boosted. Build/update thread

Old 10-08-2015, 08:48 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys Im excited.

Sticky setup on for FL2k

Old 10-14-2015, 11:26 AM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

Was a **** show on friday night to say the least. I went to sleep at 7am.... Found someone to give me a money race too. I will post up about it once it's all squared away. Right now, no conclusion...

Saturday night was setting up to be awesome until 150 cars rolled in out of no where, some idiot posted on fb. No surprise, TPD showed up with 8 cop cars and a chopper... so everyone left to go somewhere else. Then that turned into no one wanting to race, and a bunch of wrecks from the idiots. Went to sleep at 4am...

Here's some fl2k **** i found. Nothing of mine though . My buddy has one POV video but idk what you can see, havent watched it. It was the botched start too so not much to look at.

the car that won the event:

some **** i ordered started showing up:

Old 10-15-2015, 10:38 AM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

they dont want to pay for the beating.

Last edited by Jason913; 10-15-2015 at 09:36 PM.

Quick Reply: 02 z06, boosted. Build/update thread