Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette Supercharger install in my 04 CE is done...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 03:13 PM
ScumOne
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default A&A Corvette Supercharger install in my 04 CE is done...

My 04 Commemorative Edition Coupe is done at A&A Corvettes, I ride out on the Amtrak to go pick it up tomorrow.

In a flurry of responsible driving thoughts, it occurred to me that I will want to take a HPDE (Hi Perf Driver Education) course from one of the many schools here in So Cal. In light of the significant HP increase I'm about to have, it seemed prudent.

Anyone in So Cal have any experience with these schools out here? There seem to be a good 10-15 of them, most operating out of Willow Springs Raceway north of Bakersfield. I'm looking at driving my own car, and probably taking at least a 1 day course if not a 2 day course.

Any thoughts on which ones impressed you the most with their setup?

Pics tomorrow afternoon of the S/C install, with dyno results when I get it back.

Hope you all are having a good weekend!

Jim

aka ScumOne
Old 05-31-2015, 04:10 PM
2FAS4UU
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by ScumOne
My 04 Commemorative Edition Coupe is done at A&A Corvettes, I ride out on the Amtrak to go pick it up tomorrow.

In a flurry of responsible driving thoughts, it occurred to me that I will want to take a HPDE (Hi Perf Driver Education) course from one of the many schools here in So Cal. In light of the significant HP increase I'm about to have, it seemed prudent.

Anyone in So Cal have any experience with these schools out here? There seem to be a good 10-15 of them, most operating out of Willow Springs Raceway north of Bakersfield. I'm looking at driving my own car, and probably taking at least a 1 day course if not a 2 day course.

Pics tomorrow afternoon of the S/C install, with dyno results when I get it back.

Jim

aka ScumOne
ScumOne, good deal on doing the SC mod, hope to have that done in the future myself. As for the driving school question I found that I was pretty pleased with the instructions by the course Pro drivers there and the experience I had from running at Willow Springs/Button Willow/Streets of Willow. One of the cool things that I had happen/offered was that you can also ask the instructor/s to drive your car on track (you as passenger) to get a heads up assessment as to what would improve the handling performance on your particular car at no cost. Not a bad deal, but again this was 10 years ago. Other than going to Bob Bondurants school in AZ. who uses Corvettes as trainers I would look into Willow Springs, very fast track, there some really good people there. Try to make it to Rubys on some Friday at the Whittwood Mall and talk with me about it. Take care and good decision to take a school, it helped my skills a bunch.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:34 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,299 Likes on 13,972 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Good luck on your trip to pick up your car. Should be a blast on the return trip.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:37 PM
oldC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,226 Likes on 734 Posts

Congrats, my friend Donald4972 did his at A&A and can't stop raving about the extra HP. Be careful with the extra HP.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:00 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

more details on the setup?
Old 05-31-2015, 10:05 PM
ScumOne
Racer

Originally Posted by oldC5
Congrats, my friend Donald4972 did his at A&A and can't stop raving about the extra HP. Be careful with the extra HP.
It's Don's fault I'm doing this! We talked about it during a round of golf 15 months ago, and I too have heard him rave about the extra HP.

neutron82: It's a 2004 CE, 4 speed auto, Bossani exhaust w/X pipe, and the magnetic ride control suspension. It has some new BFG G-Force Super Sport tires on it (stock sizes to fit the CE wheels).

2FAS4UU: I'll see about the Ruby's run this Friday. What time do you usually go there?
Old 05-31-2015, 10:32 PM
99torchredlb
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Jim

aka ScumOne
How much did the install set you back?
Old 05-31-2015, 11:09 PM
ScumOne
Racer

Originally Posted by 99torchredlb
How much did the install set you back?
I'm not sure if that's something I should disclose online. If you want to email me privately, no problem.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:03 PM
ScumOne
Racer

Just got back from A&A with the 2004 CE. I had Josh take me for a ride when I got there (slept like crap last night, didn't feel like pushing it).

It's not quite as fast as the shuttle. But when I get some stickier tires it may be. Yes, it's very quick, even with a 4 speed auto and 3.15 gears. The acceleration does pin you back in your seat, quite solidly I might add.

I can see a second set of rear wheels and tires is my next purchase, if the billowing smoke from the rear was any indication. While the 4 speed auto doesn't transfer power quite as well as a manual, 495 RWHP is pretty...well...breathtaking.

I need a nap. Mandatory dyno sheet below.

A&A Corvette Supercharger dyno results on 2004 Le Mans Commemorative Edition Coupe. LS1, stock cam, Bossani exhaust, 4 speed automatic transmission.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:07 PM
2FAS4UU
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

It's Don's fault I'm doing this! We talked about it during a round of golf 15 months ago, and I too have heard him rave about the extra HP.

neutron82: It's a 2004 CE, 4 speed auto, Bossani exhaust w/X pipe, and the magnetic ride control suspension. It has some new BFG G-Force Super Sport tires on it (stock sizes to fit the CE wheels).

2FAS4UU: I'll see about the Ruby's run this Friday. What time do you usually go there?
ScumOne; It usually starts up with people showing up around 4:30 and runs till 8-8:30, depends on the crowd that night. It's primarily muscle cars, roadsters, a few assorted race cars, but I go just because I love cars and have a few friends that go periodically. Let me know approximately what time you might make it there !! Would like to see your install.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:58 PM
ScumOne
Racer

I'd probably wait till my wife gets home from work (I work from home, she's a VP in a downtown office in LA), then come over. That would put it around 6:30-7pm we'd get there if traffic is it's usual speed on Friday night.

The install looks very neat and tidy. But you can see it for yourself on Friday, OK?
Old 06-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Furiousone
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Man reading this makes me want to pull the trigger that much more!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:25 PM
jcgunn
Melting Slicks

Received 278 Likes on 185 Posts

Nice Dyno chart! If I remember, there are a couple of good schools at the Vegas Motor Speedway...
Old 06-01-2015, 08:30 PM
ScumOne
Racer

Originally Posted by Furiousone
Man reading this makes me want to pull the trigger that much more!
There was a gent that showed up with his 2015 C7 while I was there. He'd gotten a supercharger system from another company. Apparently after 6-8 months it still had issues they couldn't resolve. This man drove 175 miles from Morro Bay down to drop his car off and get the A&A SC systems instead.

He was not happy with the other system, to say the least. He wanted to get my impressions of my car after Josh took me for a test drive.He was asking me all kinds of questions about mine, and I told him "I just got here today to pick it up, haven't even gone for the test drive yet. Let me have Josh take me for a spin, and I'll be happy to answer whatever I can, OK?"

When we came back, I told him "Pete, it's better if you just go for a ride with Josh and tell him to let her rip."

I never saw a 70 + year old man park his 2nd car fast enough, kiss his wife on the cheek and sprint over to another man's Vette that fast in my life.

Three minutes later he came back, big smile on his face, shook my hand, hugged me around the shoulders and said "Jim, thanks for letting me do that, that was awesome."

Not going to tell you what to do. I'm just relating the experience while it's fresh in my mind (5 hours ago now).

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Last edited by ScumOne; 06-01-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Congrats Jim!!! Use the new HP wisely!!
Old 06-01-2015, 10:20 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

would you care to share who the "other" company was that the guy was dissatisfied with?... I had a similar experience with some guys in new jersey but after dealing with a&a all of my problems are gone and my confidence has been restored in my car as well as with some vendors in general
Old 06-01-2015, 10:21 PM
ScumOne
Racer

Originally Posted by jptgs1
Congrats Jim!!! Use the new HP wisely!!
Thanks, I plan to jptgs1. I've got some stomach issues from meds I take that sometimes make me nauseated. With the acceleration the car has now, I can see that happening more often if I'm not careful (at least until the surgery is done later this year).

So after I get the class/course done to better know the car, I can have some fun...or save my *** from the millions of other drivers on the So Cal freeway and road system.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette Supercharger install in my 04 CE is done...

Old 06-02-2015, 10:10 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Not bad results for a stock LS1 and Cam in there -

Enjoy and be careful!

Thanks,Matt
Old 06-02-2015, 10:22 AM
ScumOne
Racer

Originally Posted by neutron82
would you care to share who the "other" company was that the guy was dissatisfied with?... I had a similar experience with some guys in new jersey but after dealing with a&a all of my problems are gone and my confidence has been restored in my car as well as with some vendors in general
I don't know which company installed the SC in Pete's C7, but it was a ProCharger system. In fact when I was there dropping off the car for the install two weeks ago, another client had walked in to complain of his PC setup to Andy, and Josh was handling another "I'd like to get your SC instead of this Pro Chrarger I've got, cuz it whines, and idles badly."

So this made 3 different PC systems clients that weren't happy just while I was in their offices for a total of 30 minutes in two visits.

It sure makes me feel like I made the right decision.

Last edited by ScumOne; 06-02-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:32 AM
ScumOne
Racer

Pics of the A&A Supercharger installation in my 2004 CE.

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette Supercharger install in my 04 CE is done...