Sponsored by:

Vararam B2 Intake Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 07:29 AM
peteinpa
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Vararam B2 Intake Questions

Hi folks, I have an opportunity to pick up a used Vararam B2. When researching intakes it appears that some models are year specific, that does not seem to be the case wit the Vararam. I have a 2000, just want to confirm before purchase. Does anyone know if the intake is year specific?

Second question for those who have installed the B2, did you find it necessary to get the car tuned for the increased airflow?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:52 AM
dadvan99
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18
Oldtimer

The Vararam B2 should fit all C5's. I have the Vararam and a tune is not necessary. I followed their break in instructions which you can find here:http://www.vararam.com/b2.html
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE!!!!
Once completed and all is back together, start your car and let idle for 2 minutes, then simple
drive the car normally. It will take about 45-60miles of driving of normal driving at 50-60 MPH to
adjust to the new airflow (some cars may take longer) if you install at a drag strip, it will take at least
4 passes for your car to adjust under performance load. Remember to check and reconnect all factory
sensor connections and using your factory air box grommet, reinstall smog pump hose to the new air
box.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:20 AM
peteinpa
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by dadvan99
The Vararam B2 should fit all C5's. I have the Vararam and a tune is not necessary. I followed their break in instructions which you can find here:http://www.vararam.com/b2.html
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE!!!!
Once completed and all is back together, start your car and let idle for 2 minutes, then simple
drive the car normally. It will take about 45-60miles of driving of normal driving at 50-60 MPH to
adjust to the new airflow (some cars may take longer) if you install at a drag strip, it will take at least
4 passes for your car to adjust under performance load. Remember to check and reconnect all factory
sensor connections and using your factory air box grommet, reinstall smog pump hose to the new air
box.
Thanks for the quick response.

Get notified of new replies

To Vararam B2 Intake Questions

Quick Reply: Vararam B2 Intake Questions