Sponsored by:

First Month observations as a C5 owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 11:11 PM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyt_Muves
I love ripping the doors off those **** go carts. It's even more fun doing it in my ST. People expect a Vette to be fast. The ST surprises them. The BMW guys get a bit miffed when you pull away from them and they see the FOCUS badge on the tail. Lol.
The new 2016 Focus RS is going to be quite the little hot rod!
Old 07-27-2015, 11:13 PM
Nyt_Muves
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Default First Month observations as a C5 owner

Originally Posted by bikeriderga
The new 2016 Focus RS is going to be quite the little hot rod!
My ST is far more modified than my corvette. It's a different kind of fun but a real kick. I did need a family car after all. lol.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:49 PM
ppcgm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad it's not just me who despises beemers. We live 15 miles from the factory and those things swarm around here like mosquitoes on a humid day. This is my third Corvette and besides girlfriends and now wife thinking they get driving privileges I can only think of one person who's ever asked to drive one. But whether they want to race or just want to see how quickly I can disappear into the distance I get wannabes trying to get me to step on it all the time. I did find out the Z51 suspension doesn't like little poorly paved South Carolina back roads the first time I got into the gas pedal hard so I'm looking forward to finding some empty interstate soon to see what it will top out at. If I get clocked we'll see how the trooper reacts when he sees a 66 yr old geezer running the tires off his C5.

Last edited by ppcgm; 07-30-2015 at 10:51 PM. Reason: duh ... grammar
Old 07-31-2015, 07:35 AM
ttiros
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts
Default First Month observations as a C5 owner

Originally Posted by ppcgm
I'm glad it's not just me who despises beemers. We live 15 miles from the factory and those things swarm around here like mosquitoes on a humid day. This is my third Corvette and besides girlfriends and now wife thinking they get driving privileges I can only think of one person who's ever asked to drive one. But whether they want to race or just want to see how quickly I can disappear into the distance I get wannabes trying to get me to step on it all the time. I did find out the Z51 suspension doesn't like little poorly paved South Carolina back roads the first time I got into the gas pedal hard so I'm looking forward to finding some empty interstate soon to see what it will top out at. If I get clocked we'll see how the trooper reacts when he sees a 66 yr old geezer running the tires off his C5.
From another geezer, go for it.

Quick Reply: First Month observations as a C5 owner