Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk keeps popping open

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 06:26 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

You may want to open up the BCM even if the carpet is dry. Moisture can cause oxidation on the circuit board and foul the circuits.

I will try and find a recent Thread about that. He had BCM issues and took it out and found oxidation. He cleaned the board with alcohol and then cleaned the connectors and BCM pins with contact cleaner. Dried it all out and put it back in. All problems were gone.

I rule out the dash switch and the trunk latches because you have a door issue too.

Mr. Sam
Old 07-31-2015, 06:33 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

OK, found the Thread. Look at Post 31.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-please-2.html

Mr. Sam
Old 07-31-2015, 06:34 AM
edilberovic
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dadaroo
You may want to open up the BCM even if the carpet is dry. Moisture can cause oxidation on the circuit board and foul the circuits.

I will try and find a recent Thread about that. He had BCM issues and took it out and found oxidation. He cleaned the board with alcohol and then cleaned the connectors and BCM pins with contact cleaner. Dried it all out and put it back in. All problems were gone.

I rule out the dash switch and the trunk latches because you have a door issue too.

Mr. Sam
Yeah this all makes sense now because it all started happening right after I washed the car. I will have to look into fixing the most likely clogged drains and also drying off and cleaning the BCM hopefully I can save its life and my pocket haha.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:38 AM
edilberovic
Intermediate

OK, found the Thread. Look at Post 31.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-please-2.html

Mr. Sam
Thank you soon much!! I will just clean the BCM fully with alcohol whips. Will I have to relearn the system after plugging it back in?
Old 07-31-2015, 06:59 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

No relearn required.

Might want to clean it with pure alcohol and an old toothbrush. Or spray it with a good contact cleaner and use the toothbrush. Just be gentle and give it plenty of time to dry out. Actually contact cleaner would probably be better and you need it for the connector and pins anyway.

There are just 2 udders on the passenger side that can put water in. The cowl udder and the A/C drain. The cowl is a big one and easy to access. The A/C is very small and a PITA to get to. If you know the A/C condensate dumps onto the ground then the drain should be fine.

Here are two links that can help.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lure-pics.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ak-checks.html

Good luck and keep me informed.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:02 AM
edilberovic
Intermediate

No relearn required.

Might want to clean it with pure alcohol and an old toothbrush. Or spray it with a good contact cleaner and use the toothbrush. Just be gentle and give it plenty of time to dry out. Actually contact cleaner would probably be better and you need it for the connector and pins anyway.

There are just 2 udders on the passenger side that can put water in. The cowl udder and the A/C drain. The cowl is a big one and easy to access. The A/C is very small and a PITA to get to. If you know the A/C condensate dumps onto the ground then the drain should be fine.

Here are two links that can help.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lure-pics.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ak-checks.html

Good luck and keep me informed.
One last question before I dig into this mess. What is a good contact cleaner?
Thanks for your awesome advice man I really appreciate your help!!
Old 07-31-2015, 07:17 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Radio Shack, Lowe's, HomeDepot, etc. will have it. CRC is a great brand. There are other brands that are great also. If you have any questions just ask.

When you unplug the BCM there are 3 connectors. Each has an easy to find release catch. Make sure you DO NOT pull on the wires but just the connector body. You can wiggle the connectors a little to help release. Just be patient and they will release.

At any time if you have questions you want to talk about just PM me with your phone number.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:12 PM
edilberovic
Intermediate

Got to the bcm today and it doesn't seem like any water got to it. Seems very very clean on the inside after I opened it up. I am going to clean the connectors with the contact cleaner and let it dry off then reinstall it. Any other help would be appreciated
Old 08-02-2015, 06:39 PM
edilberovic
Intermediate

Radio Shack, Lowe's, HomeDepot, etc. will have it. CRC is a great brand. There are other brands that are great also. If you have any questions just ask.

When you unplug the BCM there are 3 connectors. Each has an easy to find release catch. Make sure you DO NOT pull on the wires but just the connector body. You can wiggle the connectors a little to help release. Just be patient and they will release.

At any time if you have questions you want to talk about just PM me with your phone number.
I sent you a PM
Old 08-04-2015, 09:01 PM
edilberovic
Intermediate

So after all of this the passenger side door is still unlocking and trunk pops up.
My next guess its the RFA module?
I will pull the fuse #27 and see what happens next.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:36 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

It would be more likely a bad FOB than the RFA but it is easy to test to see if one of them is a bad actor.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:53 AM
edilberovic
Intermediate

It would be more likely a bad FOB than the RFA but it is easy to test to see if one of them is a bad actor.
The key fobs battery is out.
DIC codes for RFA
U10969H
U1064H
U1016H
C2105HC
C2110HC
C2115HC
C2120H
Old 08-05-2015, 07:19 PM
2FAS4UU
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by edilberovic
So after all of this the passenger side door is still unlocking and trunk pops up.
My next guess its the RFA module?
I will pull the fuse #27 and see what happens next.
edilberovic; After responding to your post and thinking that my similiar issue was resolved, it hasn't !! In tracing any issue I could think of, I did find that I also have a 'VERY' sensitive trunk switch that will activate even if one taps the dash next to the buttons, but now it seems that I constantly lose the the FOB signal and have to re-train, which only works for a few attempts. I'm back to the stone age of opening the car with the 'KEY', how's it going on your end !!
Old 08-13-2015, 03:21 AM
edilberovic
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2FAS4UU
edilberovic; After responding to your post and thinking that my similiar issue was resolved, it hasn't !! In tracing any issue I could think of, I did find that I also have a 'VERY' sensitive trunk switch that will activate even if one taps the dash next to the buttons, but now it seems that I constantly lose the the FOB signal and have to re-train, which only works for a few attempts. I'm back to the stone age of opening the car with the 'KEY', how's it going on your end !!
Mine randomly stopped doing it. I unplugged the battery for a day and took my key fob battery out and it stopped doing it. So I guess I'll just do what your doing use the key only. Its not my daily so I don't mind it.

Quick Reply: Trunk keeps popping open