Sponsored by:

Breathless

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 10:31 PM
c5z06.O
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Breathless

Looking to purchase oval shape light for these breathless headlights I just bought. Heard a lot of stories about those blue plastic looking ones that come with the kit. Any other suggestions would be great. Also if I have to replace both fixtures in each light I will. Looking for part numbers or pictures if available. TIA

Last edited by c5z06.O; 08-19-2015 at 10:34 PM. Reason: picture
Old 08-19-2015, 10:34 PM
c5z06.O
Racer

Breathless Kit
Old 08-20-2015, 08:36 AM
Stealth02
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 95 Posts

I am retroing my lights on my breathless setup now. I just recieved my euro clear lowbeam housings. You can upgrade the lowbeams to 9011 HIR's or HID's. The ones brealthless sends you are sealed beam bulbs. The same as what came in the 93 thru 96 camaros. These euro housings have a clear lens and you can just swap out bulbs. As for the highbeams I ordered the PIAA p1000XT lights. These lights have been discontinued from PIAA but there are still some out there. Way better than the $30.00 set breathless sends you. Should be on my door step when I get home. I will be swapping everything this weekend. One other note I installed the 4 on relay harness from Breathless and it made a huge difference. Here are some pics and links to the lights I purchased.

Euro low beam link and pic
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...778865&alt=web

High beam link and pic
Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...245463&alt=web

Last edited by Stealth02; 08-20-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:51 AM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by c5z06.O

Breathless Kit
I see you got the worthless pilot driving lights that are advertised as PIAA driving lights like a did.

Here's my write up on their lights.
http://tredalign.com/breathlessheadlights.html

I did get ernie from breathless racing to refund me $125.00. I do like the lights and would have had no problems with them if he put the PIAA lights in.

I was going to get the PIAA 00492 lights to replace them. The PIAA 1094 that stealth02 posted are what they used to use. PIAA says they don't make those anymore.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:43 AM
Stealth02
Drifting

Originally Posted by mrr23
I see you got the worthless pilot driving lights that are advertised as PIAA driving lights like a did.

Here's my write up on their lights.
http://tredalign.com/breathlessheadlights.html

I did get ernie from breathless racing to refund me $125.00. I do like the lights and would have had no problems with them if he put the PIAA lights in.

I was going to get the PIAA 00492 lights to replace them. The PIAA 1094 that stealth02 posted are what they used to use. PIAA says they don't make those anymore.
PIAA doesn't make them anymore but there are a few sets available on the link I posted. You can still get the replacement bulbs for the P 1000XT housings. I'd jump on them while they are available.4
Old 08-20-2015, 12:04 PM
c5z06.O
Racer

Default Thanks

I went with the 1094. Also taking off the sealed bulbs and replacing them with 9011. A little silicone and twisting won't hurt. Thanks again fellas.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:32 PM
Stealth02
Drifting

I went with the 1094. Also taking off the sealed bulbs and replacing them with 9011. A little silicone and twisting won't hurt. Thanks again fellas.
Keep us posted on your install. I did the sealed beam mod and siliconed the bulb to the housing. Works fine. I found the euro housings and liked the fact that I can swap out the bulbs and not have to re silicone them. Plus I like the clear lens.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:31 AM
c5z06.O
Racer

Default need

Originally Posted by Stealth02
Keep us posted on your install. I did the sealed beam mod and siliconed the bulb to the housing. Works fine. I found the euro housings and liked the fact that I can swap out the bulbs and not have to re silicone them. Plus I like the clear lens.
Need directions on this POS wiring. With the relay POS. All that money and these POS breathless black and white xerox copies POS directions. Please help with this POS headlights. TIA
Old 08-22-2015, 04:34 AM
c5z06.O
Racer

Default oh well

Need directions on this POS wiring. With the relay POS. All that money and these POS breathless black and white xerox copies POS directions. Please help with this POS headlights. TIA
I was able to test the lights. With the relay. In the morning I'm headed to get some terminal strips. Do it right with the connectors. I'm kind of pisssssssed off a bit about what breathless supplied. The holes didn't match the bolts where they tie in. I have to do some fab work. These blue lens piece of crap are being replaced along with the bulbs for the low beams. I only wish that radioflyer had these in stock and not have to wait to get them. Or else I would get them. For sure I would get them. One click away but they would ship waaaaay later. I would pay some shop to do the plastic mold 1000$ and I wouldn't mind fabricating the support for the low beams and the piaa I ordered to replace the highs. I'm not putting anymore money to the engine. But I sure do wish these vendors had what we want ready to ship. Sorry about the rant. I want others to know that the breathless lights are ok.nut not great. I was tired of my headlights bouncing all the time. Ok. I'll post pics later. I only have 2 or 3 days at home. Then it's back to the grind at the oil platforms. Wish I could post very bad language on the forum for breathlessracing. I'm not going to call Ernie for anything. If he's reading this. You sell POS product. But ill live with it since I took the chance. Chance. Not advice. POS product. I'd buy that kit from the euros if they would still make it. I'll eat it though. Sorry once more to all that have helped me in this forum. I appreciate this forum.

Last edited by c5z06.O; 08-22-2015 at 04:38 AM. Reason: bad grammar
Old 08-22-2015, 04:48 AM
Stealth02
Drifting

Hey Roger
If you need any help contact me at 205 471 4531. If I can assist in any way. Breathless could have done a better job for the money they charge
Old 08-22-2015, 09:17 AM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Heres the instructions without pictures. Theres still a couple things missing. Where to put the other end of the turnbuckle for instance.

http://www.breathlessracing.com/inde...productId=1223

For 1400.00 they could have provided a connector to the headlight harness as well. Luckily i had some from my depo lights i took off. I still have a pair from them. Ill take pictures later to show how i did it.

I doubt the 4 on harness will make any difference with increased lighting. All you have to do is pull your headlight stalk towards you and all 4 will be on. You'll get a little more light on the ground, but crap for visibility.

Last edited by mrr23; 08-22-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:02 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

I only wish that radioflyer had these in stock and not have to wait to get them. Or else I would get them. For sure I would get them. One click away but they would ship waaaaay later.
I wish i had them in stock as well, but with the issues surrounding the fiasco with the last shop we worked with, I can truly say I feel your pain. Things are looking much better with the new shop however and it won't be long until we have batches of SLC headlight kits in stock and available to ship within a week of ordering.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:27 AM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by theradioflyer
I wish i had them in stock as well, but with the issues surrounding the fiasco with the last shop we worked with, I can truly say I feel your pain. Things are looking much better with the new shop however and it won't be long until we have batches of SLC headlight kits in stock and available to ship within a week of ordering.
it's what stopped me from buying yours when i bought my breathless lights.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:28 PM
c5z06.O
Racer

I made the best of it and now they are on. Haven't tested them out in the street yet. I have the piaa replacement coming thanks for the link and the information needed to make these work properly. I like the look. The wife wants the hidden non pop up back on. I'll post pictures soon. I did paint the plastics with high temp black paint. Only thing I might be adding other than the lights will be some weather strip when I find it. Thanks for all the support. The other day I was hanging around with Jack and it made the job a bit difficult. Lol
Old 08-28-2015, 02:16 PM
c5z06.O
Racer

I have the DRLs I have to change out. I might leave the headlights the way they sit with the black.

Get notified of new replies

To Breathless

Quick Reply: Breathless