Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MCM Hood, L5's, CCW goodness!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 07:19 AM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

Last edited by chassed; 08-25-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:21 AM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Winner

Originally Posted by chassed
suhweet
Old 08-25-2015, 10:02 AM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dopefedz
Looks good. Just missing some centercaps.
I Ordered my Classsics with full swiss and no center caps. Basically the race look, but with ARP hardware.
Thanks.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:51 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Best looking hood on the market. I met the guys who started MCM years ago at Corvettes@Carlisle. They had a Pewter '99 or '00 FRC on display with one of their "new" hoods on it. The Pewter hood matched the rest of the car perfectly. Fit/finish was superior. It was awesome, as is yours.

MCM hood + Tiger shark front/rear facias transform a C5 into a real show piece.

thumbs:

Last edited by vetdude; 08-25-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:17 PM
Revolver ZSTi
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

still not a good angle, if i remember correctly you posted a direct back shot of your car months back

edit: found it

as you can clearly see the sidewall being from a straight back shot

Last edited by Revolver ZSTi; 08-25-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:13 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Revolver ZSTi
still not a good angle, if i remember correctly you posted a direct back shot of your car months back

edit: found it

as you can clearly see the sidewall being from a straight back shot
awesome..its stretched...I think you made your point...its a 335 on a 13'' width wheel, its to be expected...
my point is, its not like the stance **** with 245's on an 11'' wheel, like you're making it out to seem...
Old 08-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Chassed and tbrent, what are your widths, offsets and backspacing?

Awesome-looking rides, Gentlemen!
Old 08-25-2015, 03:27 PM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Winner

Originally Posted by Patches
Chassed and tbrent, what are your widths, offsets and backspacing?

Awesome-looking rides, Gentlemen!
Hey Patches! Thanks so much that's quite the compliment coming from you! I love this rear shot of Chassed's Vette, looks so tough. But, as far as my size and offset go the rears are 20x13. Originally I ordered them to fit the standard L5 flares. Which are 2 inches wider than stock BUT my Iforged came with an offset that stuck out about an inch too far. So I sold my L5's and had them make me another set 3 1/4 inches wider than stock so I could tuck them properly. I think if I ordered CCW like Chassed I would have been good to go! I know WKMCD had 19x13 CCW that fit perfect under the 2 inch L5...

Chassed your car looks hawt, you know it so don't fret

I almost forgot Patches- I'd have to figure out how to measure the offset to know for sure(which I'll probably do in a month or so) but here is an inch of clearance not being used to the inside of wheels with the offset.

Last edited by tbrent; 08-25-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:33 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tbrent
Hey Patches! Thanks so much that's quite the compliment coming from you! I love this rear shot of Chassed's Vette, looks so tough. But, as far as my size and offset go the rears are 20x13. Originally I ordered them to fit the standard L5 flares. Which are 2 inches wider than stock BUT my Iforged came with an offset that stuck out about an inch too far. So I sold my L5's and had them make me another set 3 1/4 inches wider than stock so I could tuck them properly. I think if I ordered CCW like Chassed I would have been good to go! I know WKMCD had 19x13 CCW that fit perfect under the 2 inch L5...

I almost forgot Patches- I'd have to figure out how to measure the offset to know for sure(which I'll probably do in a month or so) but here is an inch of clearance not being used to the inside of wheels with the offset.
Thanks man, cant please everyone.

Im actually going to order another set of CCW's, the D110's with a gold center, or all black.

Thanks patches, the BS is 8.50 and the wheel is 18x13
Old 08-25-2015, 03:41 PM
tcruse
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Revolver ZSTI aren't you the same guy that went off when you felt Chassed was messing your thread up? Maybe you guys should just stay off each other's threads.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:53 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Im actually going to order another set of CCW's, the D110's with a gold center, or all black.
Sure you can leave your classics at my house when you get the other set no problem...
Old 08-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by tbrent

Thanks patches, the BS is 8.50 and the wheel is 18x13
Thanks, guys. The reason I asked is because I currently have two sets of flared quarters, L5's and CC's, and I have a set of TPE's on the way. I had not made up my mind which to go with so I bought one of each (I know, ) so I can mount all three to decide which to go with. I'm running CCW 505's but need to go to wider rubber so I emailed John at CCW to get his advice on sizing. I'll very likely go with the TPE's and 13" CCW rears (18"/19" stagger).

Smokin' rides, guys - two of my favorites on here.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Ed, dibs on whatever you dont want lol
Old 08-25-2015, 04:06 PM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Winner

Thanks, guys. The reason I asked is because I currently have two sets of flared quarters, L5's and CC's, and I have a set of TPE's on the way. I had not made up my mind which to go with so I bought one of each (I know, ) so I can mount all three to decide which to go with. I'm running CCW 505's but need to go to wider rubber so I emailed John at CCW to get his advice on sizing. I'll very likely go with the TPE's and 13" CCW rears (18"/19" stagger).

Originally Posted by Chicago1
Ed, dibs on whatever you dont want lol
^^^^

Patches it sounds like you're doing how we all would like to... Hang 'em and let them speak to your taste. You have the wheel sizing all sewn up with John so I just can't wait to see the results. I think you will be the first to be able to post pics of all the different flares test fit on your car in one thread

Again thanks for the love Darn you guys with your perfect fitting 13 inch wide CCW's
Old 08-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Revolver ZSTi
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

awesome..its stretched...I think you made your point...its a 335 on a 13'' width wheel, its to be expected...
my point is, its not like the stance **** with 245's on an 11'' wheel, like you're making it out to seem...
"stance ****" hahahahah now thats a bit harsh, im not "making it out to seem ", like I said on my first post it looks like show car import with that stretch tires and it does but theres nothing wrong with that . everyone has different taste and style

Originally Posted by tcruse
Revolver ZSTI aren't you the same guy that went off when you felt Chassed was messing your thread up? Maybe you guys should just stay off each other's threads.
its just a small criticize and small suggestions, which he does all the time with other peoples thread, and its not like I went into his thread to promote my own car and at the same time downplay his car, like he did with my thread

Last edited by Revolver ZSTi; 08-25-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:07 PM
Ark5point7
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is one mean looking C5. Came in here expecting something overdone but this is really well sorted.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:38 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Revolver ZSTi
"stance ****" hahahahah now thats a bit harsh, im not "making it out to seem ", like I said on my first post it looks like show car import with that stretch tires and it does but theres nothing wrong with that . everyone has different taste and style

its just a small criticize and small suggestions, which he does all the time with other peoples thread, and its not like I went into his thread to promote my own car and at the same time downplay his car, like he did with my thread
Keep in mind...we all also use our cars for different purposes.
I daily drive my car, so I felt like this street tire is adequate for what I use the car for. Including the great snag on these nice tires which are longer produced! My car isn't built to compete with 600+ RWHP cars like the guys on 1320 lol otherwise....yeah a MT 345 would be on my car.
It's all good man, I'm over what happened with your thread. Not quite sure that you are tho...
The following users liked this post:
Doozercruiser (03-06-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To MCM Hood, L5's, CCW goodness!

Old 08-25-2015, 05:39 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Ark5point7
That is one mean looking C5. Came in here expecting something overdone but this is really well sorted.
Thanks bud, I'm really happy with the way it turned out! I couldn't ask for more. I feel very fortunate to have this car the way I want it!
Old 08-25-2015, 06:07 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Ed , I know I gave you this before.. but no matter whose flairs you use, you need two more inches of fill. I posed this to John, with respect to my 2 inch flairs and my rear cooling ducts. IN my opinion.. you really want to put as much tire " UNDER the car".. and not have any stick out... IM fairly sure you agree with this design concept..
Taking your 11 inch wide rear wheels out to 13, and taking your 11 rear tires out to 13 +.

My rear CCW wheels are 19 X 13 the offset is 44mm.
tires are 345-30-19

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 08-27-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:10 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Looks great ET!

Can you please post more pictures of your hood?

Quick Reply: MCM Hood, L5's, CCW goodness!