Sponsored by:

I Never Wash My Vette

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 02:34 AM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I use Chadwicks and never wash my car also. Brilliant shine.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

What makes Chadwick’s so great!!!!!!!
1. As stated in an earlier post what makes the shine is the paint!!!
2. Waxes fill in the pores and when the sun beats on it becomes liquid and then the dust and dirt becomes imbedded it the wax over time this makes for dullness.
3. Chadwick’s strips away all that crap so the shine of the paint comes though. So when you put your fingers on a Chadwick car you don’t leave finger prints.
4. It was developed as a water saving product.
5. Without water you don’t have to worry about after drying the car water coming out of various places!!!!
6. The time an average person takes to dry off his car I would have mine Chadwicked!!!
7. I can do mine in the garage in any weather and in the winter it really is great.
8. and it does protect,I have driven though rain storms and the car is not even dirty
This is my opinion !!!(some of the facts are per Neil Chadwick)

Last edited by Pounder; 08-30-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:47 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
I am probably going to try the Chadwick's products, once I deplete what I have.

What do you guys recommend using for water spots on a black car? I don't think there is much clearcoat left on the top.
Been using Chads for a while very happy. Did my vette this morning literally 40 minutes.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:04 PM
R1 Rider
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm a big fan of Meguiars ultimate liquid wax but for the first time today I tried the Barret Jackson liquid wax.. Very impressed , I like it as least as good if not better.. Easy on, easy off, great shine!

On a side note, I've tried the Zaino process a couple of times, in my opinion a huge waste of time and money. Seems their biggest supporters are the car show guys who have very low mileage cars or new paint that doesn't need waxed or shined anyway..
Old 08-30-2015, 02:10 PM
00Midnight
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Griots here

I use a lot of Griots stuff:
Waterless car wash
Spray detailer
Clay bar (once a year in the spring)
Interior cleaner
Rubber Prep (tires)
etc.
Since I drive by their HQ in Tacoma regularly I stop in and talk with their staff. Very helpful in advice on use of their products.
Their BOSS Perfecting Cream blew me away. I bought a bottle and hand applied it (you can use a machine) in an area that had some bothersome scratches (not deep) and swirls. Magically they disappeared (a little elbow grease helped).
They also have a bug shield product that helps a lot. Now if they make a rock shield I will be first in line (lol).
Hope this helps?
Old 08-31-2015, 03:36 PM
David Shiel
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Nope

Originally Posted by zdeckich
I guarantee you have swirl marks! You are just not using good lighting to see them. And if you use a California dusters, those only create small scratches and swirl marks.
I can put it under the garage lights and
/or outside and have no discernible swirls or scratches. I have been at this a long time, and know how to use the duster. Also, I won't misrepresent anything. Before I waxed it just after I got it, I hit it with very fine cut polish and then waxed it and went over it with Detailer.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:25 PM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Black, Torch Red, LeMans Blue, tuff colors... white, silver, yellow, medium spiral gray are pretty forgiving colors...
Old 08-31-2015, 11:26 PM
00Midnight
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 73Corvette
Black, Torch Red, LeMans Blue, tuff colors... white, silver, yellow, medium spiral gray are pretty forgiving colors...
You missed Navy Blue (my color choice)
Old 09-01-2015, 12:33 AM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Midnight
You missed Navy Blue (my color choice)
oops sorry, another color that would be tough to keep looking pristine...
Old 09-01-2015, 01:41 AM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

I can only drive "commando" for about 6-9 months with daily wipe-downs... at some point I have to wash it to get the cracks if nothing else.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:15 AM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16
Default Wash vs Detail

Originally Posted by Choreo
I can only drive "commando" for about 6-9 months with daily wipe-downs... at some point I have to wash it to get the cracks if nothing else.
Agree. I usually just use detailer ( have tried several, not sure I see
much difference ) but occasionally do a full hose-wash & when I do
the car seems to "pop" a bit more. Or maybe I'm just seeing what I wanna see after all that work
Old 09-01-2015, 08:41 AM
TOPCATHR
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I polish my vette with klasse all in one or collinite. I use griots waterless wash on my car it is amazing the car is black and it cleans without swirls or scratches. I also use it on my 2015 Tacoma. There are many companies that make waterless and rinseless car wash products.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:47 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

I use chadwicks and a duster but my car is silver and not prone to show swirl marks like a darker color would
Old 02-08-2016, 06:50 PM
James2000
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't know there was soooo much to detailing till I got a vette. I've been through many brands of wax and polishes over the years for other cars, but when I got my Vette I found that Meguiars 26 works well for me maintained with Ultima waterless wash and a wipe down with Meguiars gold class quik wax. Been through a good amount of microfiber towels and found Meguiars makes the best for my liking and I use there waffle towel also. I use a speed master on the wheels and I have a tornador that is awesome, I use it on the whole car too. I also have a steilh backpack blower that dries the 90% of the car in less than 2 minutes and follow with waffle towel, the tip of the blower is wrapped with a microfiber towel in case it touches the car. I know I've seen people say it's not good to use a non filtered blower, but I say BS. It works great. My car is a black convertible and a daily driver here in NJ rain, sleet and snow and I don't garage it. I show my vette no mercy, it's got 108,000 and runs and drives great. So to keep it clean, I do this a lot. I can have it sparkling in less than an hour. I was at a local Dunkin donuts and a guy who owned his own detailing company asked who does my car, I said I do, he then said you garage it and only drive it on weekends? I said nope, parked outside and daily driven, he said it looks amazing. I found it all comes down to technique, at least for me. Two people can use the same product and get completely different results. I do use other brand stuff for other things, but out of waxes I've allways seemed to come back to Meguiars. I know most people think it's average brand big box store over commercial-ed stuff, but I like it and can make it look badass!
The following users liked this post:
biggrizzly (02-09-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts

I don't understand how anyone who drives a car can get away w/o washing it. One drive around the block in my car and I have black soot on the rear end and road debris behind the wheels. How are you going to get that off using a detailer and not damage the paint? I guess I am missing something here.

Shakey
Old 02-08-2016, 08:04 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
I don't understand how anyone who drives a car can get away w/o washing it. One drive around the block in my car and I have black soot on the rear end and road debris behind the wheels. How are you going to get that off using a detailer and not damage the paint? I guess I am missing something here.

Shakey
I have used Chadwick's on my DD (GMC) when it is covered with salt,road grime,and whatever,if you follow directions it is a beautiful thing to see !!!!
http://chadwickstripleplay.com/ check it out or call Neil !!!! all it will cost you is time !!!
The following users liked this post:
James2000 (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 08:38 PM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

i find all the wax's are about the same when it comes to the end goal..some require more application's while other's stick better if you will, i find doing regular maintenance meaning hitting the car with spray wax and wiping it down then re wax every 3 months or so makes my 2003 Z06 look like brand new

Get notified of new replies

To I Never Wash My Vette

Old 02-08-2016, 09:28 PM
James2000
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal

Shakey
I agree the license plate area and tail lights are shelves for grit. The waterless wash works very good, but u have to roll the towel if the car gets gritty. Usually I can blow it off before I start my process. The quik wax spray works nice after. That technique works very well as long as the car isn't too dirty. Maybe I will try that Chadwick's 3 step he's talking about when I run out of wax. Till then I'm not spending money and have wax sit on the shelf, or give it away. This detailing stuff gets pricey. It's seems like every time I get it right, someone has to throw thoughts into my head. Haha..... And those thought end up costing me money!
Old 02-08-2016, 10:57 PM
o2bnkc
Melting Slicks

Received 290 Likes on 202 Posts

We have something in common. I've never washed your car, either.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:38 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

I've been on this forum for almost 15 years. I've offered many insider tips and tricks. Most become passionate and argumentative.,.. I've been detailing cars for over 55 years. I know what works for me, and also know what use to work for me until something better came along. I've been using the same product for the last 17 years. The finish on my 100,000 mile car is insane. No I don't do much in the way of maintenance on the finish.
for me its one word. Zaino.

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 02-09-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Quick Reply: I Never Wash My Vette