Sponsored by:

Looking for shops in OK

Old 11-22-2015, 12:16 PM
robj067
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for shops in OK

I was wondering if there was anyone from Oklahoma City or Yukon, OK area that could recommend a good corvette shop in the area. I am trying to avoid the dealer cost, but am not so cheap I will not go that route if I ever needed. I just want to find someone who is familiar with Corvette's if I need them.

Any recommended body shops would be great as well.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 11-22-2015, 11:01 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

That's an easy one Rob. Best go to guy in your area is XP Racing on 83rd St. He's 3 blocks south of Reynolds Ford at NW Highway & Rockwell. Give Bret a call at 721-2940 and tell him that old man Steve told you to call him. He specializes in LS motors only and is a bonafide expert on them. He basically does everything that can be done to them. H/C/I, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, etc and he does his own tuning and has an in house dyno as well. He stays very busy. Bret can also recommend good body shops as well. He's got a network of good trusted friends.

One more thing, please finish your profile. It can be very helpful for yourself and for others.

Last edited by CactusCat; 11-22-2015 at 11:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
robj067 (11-24-2015)
Old 11-23-2015, 06:52 AM
v98roadie
Trucker
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Rob,

I am not familiar with XP Racing but I have Joe Loomis do all the work on my car that I don't do myself. Loomis Automotive is locate at Reno and Western. That family has been in business 100 years (I know that's almost unbelievable) in Oklahoma City. Joe drives a Vette and typically has 4 or 5 of them around his shop on any given day. He is honest, backs up his work and very knowledgable when it somes to Corvettes.

As for body shops, I don't really know. I always used John Puckett in Edmond and his son BJ after John died. BJ was in an accident and I think their shop is either closed or has been sold. If you find a good one let me know!

Last edited by v98roadie; 11-23-2015 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Misspelled word.
The following users liked this post:
robj067 (11-24-2015)
Old 11-23-2015, 11:30 AM
robj067
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by CactusCat
That's an easy one Rob. Best go to guy in your area is XP Racing on 83rd St. He's 3 blocks south of Reynolds Ford at NW Highway & Rockwell. Give Bret a call at 721-2940 and tell him that old man Steve told you to call him. He specializes in LS motors only and is a bonafide expert on them. He basically does everything that can be done to them. H/C/I, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, etc and he does his own tuning and has an in house dyno as well. He stays very busy. Bret can also recommend good body shops as well. He's got a network of good trusted friends.

One more thing, please finish your profile. It can be very helpful for yourself and for others.
Thanks "Old Man Steve". I actually heard of XP Racing. I will look him up.

I will work on that profile as well

Just curious, are you a member of the COCC? I just recently joined.

Last edited by robj067; 11-23-2015 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:35 AM
robj067
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by v98roadie
Rob,

I am not familiar with XP Racing but I have Joe Loomis do all the work on my car that I don't do myself. Loomis Automotive is locate at Reno and Western. That family has been in business 100 years (I know that's almost unbelievable) in Oklahoma City. Joe drives a Vette and typically has 4 or 5 of them around his shop on any given day. He is honest, backs up his work and very knowledgable when it somes to Corvettes.

As for body shops, I don't really know. I always used John Puckett in Edmond and his son BJ after John died. BJ was in an accident and I think their shop is either closed or has been sold. If you find a good one let me know!
Thanks v98roadie!

I checked out their website and it looks like they are proud of their work with Corvettes. I will check them out.

Rob
Old 11-23-2015, 02:13 PM
v98roadie
Trucker
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Joe's a good guy. His mom Doris is there at the shop most every day along with his little dog. It is truly a family thing. His prices are good and he'll tell you if he thinks you're making a mistake. He is definitely the "Vette Guy" in OKC.

Bob
Old 11-23-2015, 09:05 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by robj067
Thanks "Old Man Steve". I actually heard of XP Racing. I will look him up.

I will work on that profile as well

Just curious, are you a member of the COCC? I just recently joined.
Haven't joined any clubs as of yet. There's several really good ones here in central OK. I hang out as much as time allows at XP so maybe I'll see/meet you over there sometime. XP has decent site as well. Look em up.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for shops in OK

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for shops in OK