Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good deal on clutch install in FL?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 12:31 AM
dgr6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good deal on clutch install in FL?

I have a c5 z06 that needs a clutch install, and I'm having trouble finding a reasonable deal on labor. I'm getting a lot of quotes around $1500, when I know from reading around here that that's nonsense. I'm in central FL, but will travel a bit for a good deal. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2015, 07:47 AM
Ron C!
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 153 Posts

My son had a shop in southwest FL do his clutch. High performance shop, they can handle it all. Within a couple thousand miles, the car was not drivable. We trailered it up to Next Level to do another clutch. Geoff found a multitude of things wrong including loose bolts on the clutch assembly. So keep in mind that the cheapest is not always the cheapest. When you decide on a shop, make sure they KNOW Corvettes. Next Level, Corvette Masters and AutoNation West Colonial are places that come to mind for work on these cars that I would have confidence using.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:47 PM
dgr6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be trading it in on something more reliable right after, so I'm just looking for cheap mostly. As long as it presents well during a trade appraisal I'm good to go.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:54 PM
Christian327
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by dgr6
I'll be trading it in on something more reliable right after, so I'm just looking for cheap mostly. As long as it presents well during a trade appraisal I'm good to go.
I understand where youre coming from brother in the sense of finding the best price available but to possibly cheat out another corvette owner isnt right. Going the cheap route can hurt an innocent new owner and that just seems immoral. Where ever you go, just make sure they've worked on vettes before and provide some sort of warranty. Also in houston, we have reputable shops that would do it all for around the same price, so $1500 seems fair.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:06 PM
GEMcLean
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try these guys in Tampa. They did a major collision repair for me and a rear main seal replacement. They do great work.

http://corvetteshoptampa.com/
Old 12-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Christian327
Racer

Originally Posted by thisMSGgood4me
So why exactly is it immoral? A new clutch is going to be put in, that's better than leaving a faulty clutch in, right? Furthermore, it's at least a 12 year old vehicle. Would any buyer of such a vehicle expect everything to be working perfectly? I think not. IMO, there's nothing immoral about what the OP is wanting/trying to do, unless you think replacing a faulty clutch before selling the vehicle is immoral.
For sure a new clutch is better than a broken one. No one debating that. I think the question is the quality of the work. So many things can go wrong on a clutch that wasnt installed right. It's just one of those jobs where corners shouldnt be cut IMO. I cant speak for future owners, but obviously youre not looking for perfection when buying a 12 year old vehicle. But you should at least be looking for quality care taken, I dont think that is asking too much. Maybe immoral was not the correct word, but I just hope any owner's intentions are always good for the future owners as well.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Christian327
Racer

And wasnt speaking directly to DRG6 when I was saying that going the cheap route for a future owner was immoral. More of a general statement.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:37 PM
ssmoke-u
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Shop here did mine for $690. That was me supplying all parts and also included removing headers
Old 12-04-2015, 12:25 AM
chris308
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Try calling Joe @ Powertech Performance in St. Pete

Get notified of new replies

To Good deal on clutch install in FL?

Quick Reply: Good deal on clutch install in FL?