Sponsored by:

experience with gmparts direct and gmparts house

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 10:50 AM
seand03
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default experience with gmparts direct and gmparts house

I placed an order 3 weeks ago with gmparts direct. While they have low prices, that's the only really good thing to say. Getting ahold of them is impossible it took me 4 days of trying before I finally did. I ordered 2 04z shocks and they just plain forgot to put the 2nd in the box. Shipping originally took a bit longer than I would have liked, but I could live with that. They did however once I finally got ahold of them get the 2nd shock out quickly. Based only on difficulty of contacting them i will not be using them.

Now in full disclosure I though that Gene ran gmparts house that's the only reason I went with them. While I have nothing bad to say about them next time I will try CULTRAG, but wouldn't hesitate to order from gmparts house again.

I placed an order with gmparts house for 2 exhaust gaskets and a slave cly. Shipping was fast and all the parts were in the box. The gaskets did get bent from the slave though. Packing seemed adequate so I'm blaming the postal service. I called yesterday, I think after hours, and received a phone call promptly this morning. All they requested was a picture of the box, I sent pics of the gaskets also. They said they will have a replacment out today. Really I can't ask for more they took care of my issue quickly. Most importantly I don't think I have better chance of winning the powerball than getting someone on the phone.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:54 AM
tbrowne
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts

I've had very good service from GM Part Direct over the years - never any complaints and they are always cheaper than Gene's special sale prices. I often wonder why members don't check prices to confirm they're getting the best deal before plunking down hard earned cash.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:56 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

Never had a problem with any of the 3 vendors mentioned !
Old 02-09-2016, 12:08 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by tbrowne
I've had very good service from GM Part Direct over the years - never any complaints and they are always cheaper than Gene's special sale prices. I often wonder why members don't check prices to confirm they're getting the best deal before plunking down hard earned cash.
I agree, in the past couple years I have found that amazon, ebay, rockauto, and jegs/summit have some pretty good deals on oem gm parts and you can usually get them much faster... if you have the part number that you need do some searching around
Old 02-09-2016, 01:48 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by tbrowne
Good question. All other considerations being equal; availability, service, shipping speed and shipping cost, it comes down to price. I am researching a complete set of control arms for my 2000 coupe and the total price, shipping included, ranged from a low of $2407 to a high of $2894. These are all new GM OEM pieces from 4 of the GM parts distributors. Given all that, I don’t understand a difference of almost $500 for the exact same pieces. The two distributors in the middle were only about $100 from the lowest price. I don’t begrudge any business from making a profit and it is a buyer beware market, so it is up to yourself to shop for the best price and not just assume a forum vendor is giving you the best deal. Now I could also do better shopping multiple sources on EBay, or using alternative manufacturers’ parts, but I was just looking within the community of GM parts vendors. I was amazed me to see such a wide disparity by one from the other three I researched. But again it is up to me to find the best deal.

Get notified of new replies

To experience with gmparts direct and gmparts house

Quick Reply: experience with gmparts direct and gmparts house