C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very disappointed about my fenders!

Old 02-12-2016, 08:09 AM
mtlvette
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the issue Zeeoh6vette is having here is that he may not want to trash the vendor, as he may be a nice guy, and customer service is good, but the product delivered was less than satisfactory.

I myself was 1 click away from pulling the trigger last night, but then found this thread.

@Patches: I notice that the DD fenders are pre-drilled, is this the case for all of the fenders?

Thanks,
Nick
The following users liked this post:
ZeeOh6vette (02-12-2016)
Old 02-12-2016, 08:29 AM
John_B
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Then he can say that. The best customer service in the world won't make me buy a **** product. It helps if they refund and are understanding of the issue, but if their product is bad it needs to be known.

To make this thread, have everyone worry about what fenders are good or bad and then not even say the company that you bought the bad ones from is just stupid. Nobody's saying he needs to bash the vender, but if the product isn't good the product isn't good.

Last edited by John_B; 02-12-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:49 AM
mtlvette
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John_B
Then he can say that, the best customer service in the world won't make me buy a **** product. It helps if they refund and are understanding of the issue, but if their product is bad it needs to be known.

To make this thread, have everyone worry about what fenders are good or bad and then not even say the company that you bought the bad ones from is just stupid. Nobody's saying he needs to bash the vender, but if the product isn't good the product isn't good.
Good point, well said.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by mtlvette
I think the issue Zeeoh6vette is having here is that he may not want to trash the vendor, as he may be a nice guy, and customer service is good, but the product delivered was less than satisfactory.

I myself was 1 click away from pulling the trigger last night, but then found this thread.

@Patches: I notice that the DD fenders are pre-drilled, is this the case for all of the fenders?

Thanks,
Nick
I believe the L5's and the DD's are pre-drilled. The DD's pictured here were the first set made on the new molds (my understanding) and were pre-mounted on a test C5 by the fabricator to ensure proper fit. Notice I had them shave the rear marker light mountings as well. I bought the CC's used and they were drilled by the PO.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:02 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Revolver ZSTi
if thats the case,

then be consistent about it and flame fake/replica wheels for its very low quality and safety issues but i dont see non of that here on the corvette forum,

I guess its when price starts to get expensive for quality parts, all of a sudden low quality is accepted and praised? wtf............
I don't necessarily think that's the issue here, the issue is expensive parts and cheap quality control... I am not a fan of china wheels but to be fair most of the people that buy those do so purely for looks so if it looks decent to them and balances out they are happy... most of them probably don't drive their car very fast at all either let alone track it so I don't think safety would be much of an issue... I am not defending those wheels and I get what you are trying to say, I just don't think it's relevant to this particular issue... if this was an isolated case things might be a little different but the truth is it isn't an isolated case... I haven't been "inconsistent" and neither have any of the other posters in this particular thread, sorry if my answer is not politically correct enough for you
Old 02-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by mtlvette

Thanks,
Nick
Being a nice guy to people that make junk is not being a nice guy to the people getting ripped off. A check of priorities is in order.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:02 PM
John_B
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
I don't necessarily think that's the issue here, the issue is expensive parts and cheap quality control... I am not a fan of china wheels but to be fair most of the people that buy those do so purely for looks so if it looks decent to them and balances out they are happy... most of them probably don't drive their car very fast at all either let alone track it so I don't think safety would be much of an issue... I am not defending those wheels and I get what you are trying to say, I just don't think it's relevant to this particular issue... if this was an isolated case things might be a little different but the truth is it isn't an isolated case... I haven't been "inconsistent" and neither have any of the other posters in this particular thread, sorry if my answer is not politically correct enough for you

This^ about the wheels, I don't like them either but any "normal" person will just buy them and put them on. As long as they balance and don't come cracked or break when he hits a pot hole. They are just fine. You can't really tell the quality is not as good unless you have it right next to a high quality wheel and feel how heavy and maybe cheap looking the replica is.

Once you open the box of a fender and see its "wavy" like he said or it doesn't bolt up, that's obvious and people will complain.

There's a lot of praise on good parts all over this forum, not enough negative being said and venders stepping up to fix it or just stop selling junk. If someone like the OP gets ripped off (even if he does get his money back) it's a hassle and inconvenience. I'm not gonna keep beating a dead horse, but it needs to be said who the fender is from. Even if he gets a refund, it's junk.. Why wouldn't you want to let people know that.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:38 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Dennis @ Double D,,,,when will your front flared quarters be available?

How much wider are they..1-1/8"? OR other??
Old 02-12-2016, 04:44 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
Dennis @ Double D,,,,when will your front flared quarters be available?

How much wider are they..1-1/8"? OR other??
once I have enough people wanting them we will get working on making them.
since we have to make the molds i will take suggestions as to what you guys want for the fronts...
Old 02-12-2016, 04:55 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
since we have to make the molds i will take suggestions as to what you guys want for the fronts...
I'm guessing everyone already with flared rear quarters no matter who the manufacturer will want front flared quarters...seems like 1" would be the sweet spot IMO. Get the R & D started, we need wide-body C5's...not just wide-booty.

You came to market quickly with your flared rear quarters, certainly quicker than most
Old 02-12-2016, 04:59 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
I'm guessing everyone already with flared rear quarters no matter who the manufacturer will want front flared quarters...seems like 1" would be the sweet spot IMO. Get the R & D started, we need wide-body C5's...not just wide-booty.

You came to market quickly with your flared rear quarters, certainly quicker than most
I agree. Would be nice to have options, especially high quality ones.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:13 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

I want a set to go with the rears you sold me. I haven't ordered wheels/tires yet so this would work for me.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:25 PM
DDaaryl
Melting Slicks

Received 629 Likes on 394 Posts

Just another mod gone bad. I learned the hard way but then again I was a bit younger in my early 20's
Old 02-12-2016, 09:20 PM
concour77
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I would be interested but with more flare than the L5 fronts (3/4"). Currently have the L5 2" on the rear and would love to get some of that C3 "coke bottle" shape when I look down the sides of the car. Your suggestion of 1 1/8" probably more in line with what I would like to do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Very disappointed about my fenders!