Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inside mount for gopro seeing through windshield (autox and HPDE application)

Old 02-11-2016, 06:07 AM
Metalgearsolid_x
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Inside mount for gopro seeing through windshield (autox and HPDE application)

Hi guy,
where are you mounting your GoPro for your racing and autox (from inside of the car to looking out only)? I am autoxing a c5 vette this year (Bstreet) and wanted a drivers eye POV very similar to this video (though I wouldn't mind camera pushed back a little to get even the shifter)

How can I do similar mount for gopro in c5? haven't see anything inside other than rear glass?

I was thinking, maybe buy this extension arm (http://goo.gl/5YLvo1) and just extend the GoPro suction mount from rear glass to front?

Help appreciated
Attached Images   
Old 02-13-2016, 08:11 AM
kabluie
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Some of the guys put a bar across the back section near where the rear speakers are placed. Then they mount the 5 or 6 point seat belts to that and mount the Gopro on the bar in the middle. One of the vendors sells the bar and I don't know which one does that. Also the typical place to mount your fire extinguisher is on the floor in front of the passenger seat. Personally, I like the halo system but hear it's only legal on pure race cars and not legal for cars that are driven on the street. I would go to Summit for that.

Good luck with your racing season.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:14 AM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,860 Likes on 1,670 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Winner

I would think that long of an extention would cause a lot of wobble and you won't get a smooth video like you posted. I saw a post a while back on a bar a guy made and mounted it to his hatch struts. Looked like it's pretty solid. I'll see if I can find it and post the link here for you.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:29 AM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,860 Likes on 1,670 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Winner

Found the link. Here ya go.

Home Made Camera Mount

Get notified of new replies

To Inside mount for gopro seeing through windshield (autox and HPDE application)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Inside mount for gopro seeing through windshield (autox and HPDE application)