Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Vette Saves Another Proud Owner in Accident!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 11:45 AM
2FAS4UU
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

..... I've learned way too much info about Honda's from all these posts !! I still think the Dog was driving !!....
Old 02-27-2016, 12:59 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by thisMSGgood4me
The OP's insurance company will get a copy of the accident investigation report and will use it against the Honda driver, which will make it very difficult for that driver to dispute what happened if it ends up in court. You think insurance company attorneys don't know what they're doing? They handle cases like this all the time.

People who drive without insurance aren't usually completely asset-free. And even if they don't have much in the way of assets, they probably still have some kind of income that can be garnished under an ordered court judgment. May take some time to collect it all but they'll be on the hook for it until the judgment is fully satisfied.
I doubt if this is a case the insurance company would waste much time and money on. I know how much litigation can cost.

If i was the Honda owner I would claim I signaled, changed lanes and slowed down to make a left turn, and a speeding Vette plowed into my rear.

Last edited by JR-01; 02-27-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:12 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by BackyardBuddy
So scary! I'm glad you were both OK!!

The following users liked this post:
CindysC5 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 06:07 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Who says it would even go to trial? As you said in an earlier post, most of the time these issues are settled before having to take it to trial. But knowing that the Honda owner might have to hire an attorney should it go to trial would prompt her to settle. Remember, the insurance company already has a team of attorneys on salary so it doesn't matter to the insurance company. They just want what they paid out on the claim back.

And you'd be up against three who would dispute what you'd claim had happened. The OP, her passenger and most importantly the driver coming from the other direction who was an impartial eyewitness. You'd lose but it would be funny seeing you do it. Maybe you could get the dog to vouch for your story, huh?
Do you think the impartial witness would testify in court? If not, his version is useless since he couldn't be cross examined. It is all up to the judge who is more believable, the Honda driver or the OP and her best friend. We don't know how it really went down.
I do believe the insurance company would settle for pennies on the dollar instead of pursuing this case. I don't know where you live, but here, insurance companies teams of lawyers do not clog up the court system with car accident cases.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:32 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by JR-01
Do you think the impartial witness would testify in court? If not, his version is useless since he couldn't be cross examined. It is all up to the judge who is more believable, the Honda driver or the OP and her best friend. We don't know how it really went down.
I do believe the insurance company would settle for pennies on the dollar instead of pursuing this case. I don't know where you live, but here, insurance companies teams of lawyers do not clog up the court system with car accident cases.
We know exactly what happened only one driver was in a Vette the other driver can't be trusted. People traveling with their dog always slam on the breaks to make a turn surprised the dog was not hurt.The only thing I can't figure out is...if the Honda was on the brakes that hard while turning (skidding) how did it end up square on the hood of the Vette and not spun out or on its roof? Must have been in the same lane at time of collision? ....We don't know what happened, but this is my guess...blame to rear driver, like most people have experienced or at best shared blame. Front car was in front and got slowed down rear car hit front car in the rear not the side, or car would have spun out, that's how it happens in nascar! Maybe I'm wrong? Better pics of Honda would tell the story. I put this all in my crash simulator and this is what it showed

I hope no one gets sued including op! I would hate to see someone driving a car with no insurance get rewarded!

Last edited by Forcedvert; 02-28-2016 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:37 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Received Accident Report!!!!!

Well, to those of you "Doubting Thomas's" here ya go!!!!

Attached Images   

Last edited by CindysC5; 02-28-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:40 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

in situations when an uninsured driver causes an accident. If simply pulled over, say for speeding, and the driver has no insurance, then the driver should be cited for such and the car impounded. Such a driver shouldn't be allowed to remain on the road and drive off after the traffic stop. JMO
I just sent an email to the NC DPS and requested the Investigation Bureau look into the fact she has no insurance, still retains her license and should have car impounded, fines, and arrested!!! We'll see what happens there now also!!
Old 02-28-2016, 12:47 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Studying4boards
Having no insurance should be automatic jail time in all states.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:49 PM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by CindysC5

Pretty clear to me... I see this dumb move all the time like driver#1 pulled and surprised it doesn't result in an accident every time. I hope it all works out for you.
CindysC5 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 12:50 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

I stand corrected, sorry for doubting, but you could have blurred out her personal info, I would if I was you, she did not ask to be on this forum.
CindysC5 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 12:51 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Why do you think the impartial eyewitness wouldn't testify in court, especially if he's a local resident? I know I certainly would if asked to. And don't forget his statement would have (or should have) been taken by the cop during the accident investigation, and contrary to what you think, his statement from the investigation would in fact be admissible. The cop may have to testify but that shouldn't be a problem as cops are called to testify in court all the time as to their accident investigations. It's obvious to me you don't know as much as you think you do. As to believability, yes, it would be up to the judge, but then there's that pesky accident investigation report that comes into play, and it's pretty damn hard to tell the judge the cop got it wrong in his conclusion and have the judge believe that.

As for the insurance company settling "for pennies on the dollar instead of pursuing this case," it doesn't matter what you believe. As I said before, insurance companies are not in business to lose money when they can reasonably recover their payouts. They pursue cases, whether through settlement or if need be through trial, to recover as much as they can, and they don't give up if they can reasonably recover 100% of the claim amount. That's what they're paid to do, and that's what they do, whether you believe it or not. Besides, "car accident cases" don't really take up that much of a court's time on an individual basis as you might think. Judges can handle them pretty quickly, moving through a number of them in a day in short order. In this case, probably in an hour, two hours tops.
Yes, Good, you're absolutely right! My insurance company already said they will be going after her no matter what!!! And, my uninsured policy is paying for my car to be fixed, not JUST medical bills, as most people think!!!
Old 02-28-2016, 12:57 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
We know exactly what happened only one driver was in a Vette the other driver can't be trusted. People traveling with their dog always slam on the breaks to make a turn surprised the dog was not hurt.The only thing I can't figure out is...if the Honda was on the brakes that hard while turning (skidding) how did it end up square on the hood of the Vette and not spun out or on its roof? Must have been in the same lane at time of collision? ....We don't know what happened, but this is my guess...blame to rear driver, like most people have experienced or at best shared blame. Front car was in front and got slowed down rear car hit front car in the rear not the side, or car would have spun out, that's how it happens in nascar! Maybe I'm wrong? Better pics of Honda would tell the story. I put this all in my crash simulator and this is what it showed

I hope no one gets sued including op! I would hate to see someone driving a car with no insurance get rewarded!

I can't stress enough about how I hit her and already said in first post! But, I will repeat again to make it more clear!!! When she slammed on breaks, she must have let up enough to turn! As soon as she started turning towards me, I hit my brakes and tried to turn to the right, slightly, since if I made a hard right turn I would have lost rear end or flipped myself!!! When I did make that slight right turn, trying to avoid her, I hit her rear DRIVER'S quarter panel, behind her rear tire!!! Because the vette is much lower than her car, it IMMEDIATELY picked her car up and her entire *** end was on my car at an angle with her driver's tire closest to my windshield! She was at an angle on top of my hood! Put that into your crash app and see what happens now!!! All I can say is we were very, very lucky that NO ONE got seriously hurt! Isn't that all that truly matters in the end??!! Of course, I'm not happy about my new to me vette being hurt already, that's a given!! But, as everyone has said, it can be fixed!!!!!
Old 02-28-2016, 12:59 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
I stand corrected, sorry for doubting, but you could have blurred out her personal info, I would if I was you, she did not ask to be on this forum.
Thank you for that Forcedvert!!! I was so excited to get that report up, plus didn't know how to blurr it out! If you can be so kind as to do that for me, I will delete this one and put your changed one up!! TY!!
Old 02-28-2016, 01:07 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Thank you for that Forcedvert!!! I was so excited to get that report up, plus didn't know how to blurr it out! If you can be so kind as to do that for me, I will delete this one and put your changed one up!! TY!!
I'm no computer guru but I'm sure someone can help.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:13 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

I guess I questioned it when she said the other car was 50 to 75 feet in front of her when it all started.

Last edited by JR-01; 02-28-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

Well I'll give you credit for coming through with the report. I was wrong in my assumptions, still question the smoke but I'll let it go.

My only suggestion would be to remove all of the personal info on the report. People on here don't need to know your full name, policy number, address and other info.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:26 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Congrats, Cindy, I didn't doubt your story. I've seen that kind of situation/near accident/actual accident happen a number of times before in my over four decades behind the wheel, and in virtually all cases, it's the one making the sudden lane change who's at fault, even though some people want to blame the rear-ender for the accident. Glad to see it's going to work out in your favor. Really didn't have a doubt that it would.
Thanks Good!! Thanks for standing up for me also! I knew you knew I was in the right!!!

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Vette Saves Another Proud Owner in Accident!

Old 02-28-2016, 01:28 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Black 02
Well I'll give you credit for coming through with the report. I was wrong in my assumptions, still question the smoke but I'll let it go.

My only suggestion would be to remove all of the personal info on the report. People on here don't need to know your full name, policy number, address and other info.
pull it until you figure out how to do it! You can alway put it back!
Old 02-28-2016, 01:29 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

And yet still no apology. Shame on you, JR.

Besides, she didn't say 75-100 feet, she said 50-75 feet. Go back and read the OP's initial post again if you don't believe me.
He always has an ax to grind with someone's comments!! Never can admit he's wrong! Not worth wasting our time Good! I'm sure he even finds fault in the way his mother gave birth to him!!!

Last edited by CindysC5; 02-28-2016 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:32 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Black 02

I was in a hurry to get it up to STOP the bashing, sorry! It's all public knowledge anyway. Anyone can go look it up on their own.

Oh, and thanks, finally, for giving me proper credit and admitting you were wrong!! Maybe now, you'll believe my story on the tires!!! lol Still waiting to hear back from both DMV and Attorney General on that! As soon as I do, you'll all hear about that also! I'm no story teller, nor liar. Only want what's right according to the law!!!

Last edited by CindysC5; 02-28-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: C5 Vette Saves Another Proud Owner in Accident!