Convertable vs. coupe.

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 06:39 AM
texasbob
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertable vs. coupe.

Good morning folks,
I was wondering what some of the differences are between having a C5 convertible vs. a C5 coupe with or without a removable top?
For instance, are convertibles louder inside the car when you are driving around with the top up? Performance wise is there any difference?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 02-29-2016, 07:34 AM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts

You should probably ask this question in the General section since a C5Z doesn't come as a convertible or with a Targa.

But since you asked, I do NOT like the way most convertibles look when the top is up. And I bought a Z because I wanted a FRC, it just feels tighter and better sorted out than than the interior of the coupe. That's my humble opinion.

Shakey
Old 02-29-2016, 08:19 AM
texasbob
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
You should probably ask this question in the General section since a C5Z doesn't come as a convertible or with a Targa.

But since you asked, I do NOT like the way most convertibles look when the top is up. And I bought a Z because I wanted a FRC, it just feels tighter and better sorted out than than the interior of the coupe. That's my humble opinion.

Shakey
Thanks for pointing that out Shakey. Still a newb and it shows. It seems people really like their Z's. I was leaning more towards that. I saw a real nice looking convertible for sale and I didn't think about it not being a Z. Hmmm? So much to choose from.

Anyway, every time I see your avatar I have wanted to sing...
Sailing hardships through
Broken Harbors out on a wave in the night...

Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Convertable vs. coupe.

Quick Reply: Convertable vs. coupe.