Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS / Climate Control Issue

Old 04-12-2016, 02:21 AM
HutchCat
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS / Climate Control Issue

I have a 2003 Corvette Anniversary Edition with 78,000 miles. I am experiencing a problem upon starting my vehicle where the ABS light stays on and the Climate Control shuts down. After a few minutes, the ABS light goes off and the Climate Control starts working. Any suggestions of what the problem is???? PLeeeeease Help!!!
Old 04-12-2016, 05:55 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Any DIC codes? What does shut down mean?

Mr. Sam
Old 04-13-2016, 02:46 AM
HutchCat
8th Gear

Default Climate Control / ABS

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Any DIC codes? What does shut down mean?

Mr. Sam
Ive checked the codes and I am currently in the processi of getting my EBCM repaired by ABSFIXER. However, my climate control completely shuts down while the ABS light is on. It only does it for about 3 minutes after vehicle startup. Shut down means climate control completely shuts down. No A/C, No Heater. Temperature light even goes out. As if it were disconnected. Now that my EBCM is taken off for repairs, my ABS light continually illuminates with my ignition on. The climate control will still shut down for about 2-3 minutes before coming on. I read once on this Forum that another C-5 owner was having the exact same problem. Did not get the solution to his problem.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:40 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

The ABS light is going to be on without the EBCM installed.

Mr. Sam
Old 06-02-2016, 01:16 PM
HutchCat
8th Gear

Well I finally installed my new EBCM and still had issues. I conducted some research and determined that the problem most likely was a faulty Body Control Module. Ordered one and took it to the dealer to have it installed and programmed. Turned out that the actual problem was my ignition switch which was faulty. $685.00 later, I'm back on the road. Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions. By the way, Im sitting on a remanufactured Delco Body Control Module fore a 2003 C5 if anyone needs one.

Get notified of new replies

To ABS / Climate Control Issue

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS / Climate Control Issue