Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still waiting on Hood!!!

Old 05-20-2016, 07:22 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Cindy, I undersand your situation. perfectly now... so am hoping you no longer have that guy who0 recommended the shop as a friend... he did you no favor.. as far as your insurance agent goes... he is suppose to be in your corner... but in this case he made a deal. If it were me, I would tell him that I am contacting the State insurance commissioners office and filing a claim. Because they are not meeting your expectations. They even may present you a bill for the correction of the after market hood, which I am guessing was your choice.... the insurance paid to have an OEM hood painted. OEM hoods are much more perfect than a hood from Ecklars Be prpaired for a bill above and beyond the cost to paint a factory hood. They could say it took 2 weeks of work to correct the non compliant aftermarket hood.. and charge you for two weeks work.. Since it was you who aurthoorised the use of the after market hood. I don't trust this shop, or your insurance company.. in my book , nothing you have said so far changes my mind that you are a victim of insurance scamming. this will only get worse before it gets better unless you start doing something.. Yelling means nothing to them.. Ive seen this hapopen dozens of time in my automotive career. You need threats, but not unsupported threats, you need a claim # and an assistant attorney generals name and phone number. This will get both your agent and the repairs shops attention.

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 05-20-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:27 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
I could have predicted this the minute you decided on a aftermarket hood and body parts, you thought he was doing you a favor by agreeing to get these parts for you but he should have known it would take longer to get, prep, and finish yet he is getting paid a regular part price for costume work soooo you will always be on back burner for this type transaction. I would not threaten to sue, it will get you nowhere, just be a constant figure at his shop so he can't lie about what he is doing. Good luck
Guess he should have never agreed to this then if that was the case. He knew exactly what he was getting into and the amount he was getting for the job. He told me to go right ahead, not a problem.

I've never said I would threaten to sue, that was Black 01 I believe. Wouldn't do any good getting it any faster!

As far as trying to be a constant figure, as of this moment, I do not have an "extra" vehicle (usually do). Hubby's been working so I can't even get up there to check on things unless I bum a ride which isn't always easy either.....40 minutes away. At least I showed my face last Thursday! I text him once a week also. He knows how bad I want this back without being a pain in the ***....trust me!
Old 05-20-2016, 07:34 PM
Studying4boards
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 102 Posts

Cindy,
This sux. The shop is clearly being an a-hole. He's already got your money and is no longer interested in your car and I'm sure that he is taking all other little projects to keep his cash coming in.
Call everyday. Text him everyday and put in your texts how many days it has been and start saving those texts.
Maybe go there one day (soon) with your husband and your friend who recommended this idiot.
Put pressure on him. Be firm and see if that gets things going. If not, threaten to sue and then, sue the bastard. Tell him you want it 100% and you want the car on a certain date. This should not take more than 3 days tops now. Otherwise sue him in small claims court. He has a duty to get these things done on time for his customers.
The following users liked this post:
CindysC5 (05-20-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 07:37 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by CindysC5
Guess he should have never agreed to this then if that was the case. He knew exactly what he was getting into and the amount he was getting for the job. He told me to go right ahead, not a problem.

I've never said I would threaten to sue, that was Black 01 I believe. Wouldn't do any good getting it any faster!

As far as trying to be a constant figure, as of this moment, I do not have an "extra" vehicle (usually do). Hubby's been working so I can't even get up there to check on things unless I bum a ride which isn't always easy either.....40 minutes away. At least I showed my face last Thursday! I text him once a week also. He knows how bad I want this back without being a pain in the ***....trust me!
Out of sight, out of mind..... he already got his money and spent it weeks ago.... he is not doing you any favors, and the longer he puts you off,, the better it is for him because.. if he works on your car.. he makes no money...he's already spent yours. He has no motivation to work on your car.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Yes 100% he knew what he was getting into any good bodyshop does! It takes a lot to get fit/ finish up to par on after market parts.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:40 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

I offered some very insightful and very experienced help in this area .. I wont bug you anymore or post in this thread... if you need more help or advice from me.. PM me. other wise.. good luck.
Bill aka ET
CindysC5 (05-20-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 07:52 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Studying4boards
Cindy,
This sux. The shop is clearly being an a-hole. He's already got your money and is no longer interested in your car and I'm sure that he is taking all other little projects to keep his cash coming in.
Call everyday. Text him everyday and put in your texts how many days it has been and start saving those texts.
Maybe go there one day (soon) with your husband and your friend who recommended this idiot.
Put pressure on him. Be firm and see if that gets things going. If not, threaten to sue and then, sue the bastard. Tell him you want it 100% and you want the car on a certain date. This should not take more than 3 days tops now. Otherwise sue him in small claims court. He has a duty to get these things done on time for his customers.

That didn't take long.

Three days, I'm not sticking up for guy, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited by Forcedvert; 05-20-2016 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:56 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Yes 100% he knew what he was getting into any good bodyshop does! It takes a lot to get fit/ finish up to par on after market parts.
It does? three days and 500 dollars from the time they uncrated my after market hood, sanded, prepped, sealed and painted it and installed it. that was 14 years ago,, paint and hood were perfect when completed and remains perfect 14 years later.

CindysC5 (05-20-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 08:04 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
Cindy, I undersand your situation. perfectly now... so am hoping you no longer have that guy who0 recommended the shop as a friend... he did you no favor.. as far as your insurance agent goes... he is suppose to be in your corner... but in this case he made a deal. If it were me, I would tell him that I am contacting the State insurance commissioners office and filing a claim. Because they are not meeting your expectations. They even may present you a bill for the correction of the after market hood, which I am guessing was your choice.... the insurance paid to have an OEM hood painted. OEM hoods are much more perfect than a hood from Ecklars Be prpaired for a bill above and beyond the cost to paint a factory hood. They could say it took 2 weeks of work to correct the non compliant aftermarket hood.. and charge you for two weeks work.. Since it was you who aurthoorised the use of the after market hood. I don't trust this shop, or your insurance company.. in my book , nothing you have said so far changes my mind that you are a victim of insurance scamming. this will only get worse before it gets better unless you start doing something.. Yelling means nothing to them.. Ive seen this hapopen dozens of time in my automotive career. You need threats, but not unsupported threats, you need a claim # and an assistant attorney generals name and phone number. This will get both your agent and the repairs shops attention.
What's funny here is that the person who recommended him was the girl "friend" of mine who was in the car during the accident. We had only recently become friends maybe 4-5 months prior. The accident happened after we were coming back from getting craft supplies to make Easter Wreaths to sell. What's even funnier (maybe not really, but) I shelled out all the money for the crafts ($150), based on her paying me back half and/or making them and selling them and me taking my investment money back first, then splitting the remainder with her for labor. Never finished but 1 BEFORE Easter since she couldn't find the time to come over AND never paid me the $75 she promised she would! So, needless to say, I'm a giving, honest person who seems to always get the **** end of the stick!!!!

As far as all the rest of your comment, body guy will not be charging me any extra as we already went over the financials beforehand and he knew there was going to be extra work. He ended up with extra money from the hood being less expensive and getting the shipping discount to boot. He's still doing the darkened metallic red ghost-like flames on the twin cowls and has put my new muffler on (supposedly Thursday) which he didn't have to do but offered. So all in all, he's doing a lot for me for what he's getting paid. I can't, in all good consciousness, start any trouble with him. I am sure you can understand that, after all else is said. I'm sure he wants it out of his shop as it's full all the time. He just needs to hire me to take his calls and deal with customers coming in the door. Takes too much time away from what he needs to do! I'm hoping it will be ready next week. (Feels like I keep saying that....). At least I'm seeing progress...slowly but surely.
Evil-Twin (05-20-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 08:20 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

It does? three days and 500 dollars from the time they uncrated my after market hood, sanded, prepped, sealed and painted it and installed it. that was 14 years ago,, paint and hood were perfect when completed and remains perfect 14 years later.

Your experience is not typical, I know you already know that, you obviously know what you are doing and probably knew the shop owner. You have zero respect for me and I'm ok with that too, I do know if a shop is doing "favors and extra stuff" the work is done as fit in.

I hope this thread does not turn into a "bash the body shop" unless the op wants that she is the only one in position to do that as she knows what was worked out and promised. The body shop has not had the parts three months! Btw, I pretty much predicted this would end up this way and the "sue birds" would be out.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:21 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

AS long as you are happy, then I am happy.... you seem like a very nice person... my wife is a crafter too... unfortunately, like my wife you and her have a tattoo on your forehead saying "I am an easy victim, take advantage of me.. I trust you. " I am the direct opposite, you have to earn my respect and my trust... there are just too many . Years ago I gave everyone the benefit of the doubt.. thee world has changed dramatically over the last 71 years of my life. Morals and ethics are not a priority for most people anymore..

Hopefully you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. and you will be back on the road soon
Bill aka ET.
CindysC5 (05-20-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 08:24 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Beautiful paint job ET! Looks like liquid paint still not dried! Mine's not too far off from your.....same idea only I have twin air tunnels coming out in same space.
Attached Images  
Evil-Twin (05-20-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 08:26 PM
Studying4boards
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 102 Posts

That didn't take long.

Three days, I'm not sticking up for guy, but you have no idea what you are talking about.
If he hasn't touched it, I would agree with you but I think a couple of weeks ago Cindy may have said that he was sanding. So some of the work might have been done. Even with that aftermarket hood, requiring more fitting and finishing, he should have been done a while back.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:30 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Studying4boards
If he hasn't touched it, I would agree with you but I think a couple of weeks ago Cindy may have said that he was sanding. So some of the work might have been done. Even with that aftermarket hood, requiring more fitting and finishing, he should have been done a while back.
I do agree with that
Studying4boards (05-20-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 08:38 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Your experience is not typical, I know you already know that, you obviously know what you are doing and probably knew the shop owner. You have zero respect for me and I'm ok with that too, I do know if a shop is doing "favors and extra stuff" the work is done as fit in.

I hope this thread does not turn into a "bash the body shop" unless the op wants that she is the only one in position to do that as she knows what was worked out and promised. The body shop has not had the parts three months! Btw, I pretty much predicted this would end up this way and the "sue birds" would be out.

My experience is very typical.. most people know up front what to expect.. they get that from the shop. You ask how long will this take.. they say bring it in on Monday and we will have it for three or four days... You don't give them any money. you keep the leverage.
if three for four days turns into a week. that's the time you say something.
AS far as me having no respect for you??? I don't know you, or have no idea why you said that.. If we butted heads before, I don't remember.. I deal with 50 or 60 people. a day, every day between open forum and private message. I don't have you on ignore, so whatever you thought was an issue, is not an issue in my book, I don't ever remember even interacting with you over anything.. .
Ive been around automotive technology for over 55 years... there are lots of very respectable auto body shops out there...there are plenty of puppy mills too.
No one comes to your house, puts a gun to your head and tells you that you have to take your car to their shop. Its your choice, and at no time are your forced by any insurance company to take your car to a specific shop. Its totally your choice.
Bill aka ET

BTW, I rub a lot of people the wrong way.. its more about your perception than about fact. I have an opinion, and in many cases a very professional and experienced opinion. I stand on my experience and advice. I Offer it freely, and tell people all the time to take it or leave it. I don't expect everyone to like me, but I do expect people to respect me. When some one disrespects me, I can be very disrespectful in turn. No one has to take my advice...that why I say they can leave it.
Bill aka ET
Old 05-20-2016, 08:40 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Beautiful paint job ET! Looks like liquid paint still not dried! Mine's not too far off from your.....same idea only I have twin air tunnels coming out in same space.
A good paint job should always look like it is wet.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:42 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

AS long as you are happy, then I am happy.... you seem like a very nice person... my wife is a crafter too... unfortunately, like my wife you and her have a tattoo on your forehead saying "I am an easy victim, take advantage of me.. I trust you. " I am the direct opposite, you have to earn my respect and my trust... there are just too many . Years ago I gave everyone the benefit of the doubt.. thee world has changed dramatically over the last 71 years of my life. Morals and ethics are not a priority for most people anymore..

Hopefully you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. and you will be back on the road soon
Bill aka ET.
lol you sound like my dad that I miss so dearly. He would be 102 now and I'm only 55...yes, they had me very late in life! Whatever made me happy...he was happy too! They taught me good values and to treat people with respect, courtesy and honesty. You're very right...today's morals and ethics for most are out the window! Frustrates me to no end....get so I don't even like being around most folks much anymore. Usually, it's "what do you have for me" that people are most interested in. Think they are entitled and the world owes them soooo much! Yet, sit down and don't do a damn thing to help themselves....crying shame!

You're absolutely right! You're wife and I are very much alike!! We will never change! As much as we may want to, it's just not in our makeup. That's what we have you guys for!!! lol Also, thank you for the compliment...!

Get notified of new replies

To Still waiting on Hood!!!

Old 05-20-2016, 08:46 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

The masking under the hood was done by my design, to show off the Carbon fiber,

and also to black out the cowl so it appears to be looking into the engine bay from the cabin..

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 05-20-2016 at 08:49 PM.
CindysC5 (05-20-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 08:52 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

My experience is very typical.. most people know up front what to expect.. they get that from the shop. You ask how long will this take.. they say bring it in on Monday and we will have it for three or four days... You don't give them any money. you keep the leverage.
if three for four days turns into a week. that's the time you say something.
AS far as me having no respect for you??? I don't know you, or have no idea why you said that.. If we butted heads before, I don't remember.. I deal with 50 or 60 people. a day, every day between open forum and private message. I don't have you on ignore, so whatever you thought was an issue, is not an issue in my book, I don't ever remember even interacting with you over anything.. .
Ive been around automotive technology for over 55 years... there are lots of very respectable auto body shops out there...there are plenty of puppy mills too.
No one comes to your house, puts a gun to your head and tells you that you have to take your car to their shop. Its your choice, and at no time are your forced by any insurance company to take your car to a specific shop. Its totally your choice.
Bill aka ET

BTW, I rub a lot of people the wrong way.. its more about your perception than about fact. I have an opinion, and in many cases a very professional and experienced opinion. I stand on my experience and advice. I Offer it freely, and tell people all the time to take it or leave it. I don't expect everyone to like me, but I do expect people to respect me. When some one disrespects me, I can be very disrespectful in turn. No one has to take my advice...that why I say they can leave it.
Bill aka ET
I'm same as far as respect goes also. I try to be nice and congenial, but when people start bashing what I say or my ideas in a mean and degrading manner, that just doesn't sit right with me. Doesn't have to be about something you know well or are experienced with either. Just plain ole being cordial to others! Not saying anything, if you don't have anything nice to say! Comes down to being rude in the end.

Last edited by CindysC5; 05-20-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Studying4boards (05-20-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 08:57 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

lol you sound like my dad that I miss so dearly. He would be 102 now and I'm only 55...yes, they had me very late in life! Whatever made me happy...he was happy too! They taught me good values and to treat people with respect, courtesy and honesty. You're very right...today's morals and ethics for most are out the window! Frustrates me to no end....get so I don't even like being around most folks much anymore. Usually, it's "what do you have for me" that people are most interested in. Think they are entitled and the world owes them soooo much! Yet, sit down and don't do a damn thing to help themselves....crying shame!

You're absolutely right! You're wife and I are very much alike!! We will never change! As much as we may want to, it's just not in our makeup. That's what we have you guys for!!! lol Also, thank you for the compliment...!
My wife is the nicest person in the world...everyone wonders how we ever made it for 50 years of marriage. Coming up on 51 years of wedded bliss in 5 months.

My wife is an animal rescue volunteer. and will do anything for anyone. She has more girlfriends than I have fingers and toes. Most people are lucky to have one good friend.. she has dozens of good friends.
She over looks all types of things that I would never think of overlooking without making a stand... maybe that's why we have made it this far.
getting OT. here

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Still waiting on Hood!!!