Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

I use it too...between Chadwicks.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:55 PM
C5blk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have hard water at my house, I am on a well and it removes water spots. I use it right after every wash.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:22 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

I favor the brand because they support the car hobby , and have good products. I also like budwieser racing boats, but do not drink the beer. I have limits.

I buy my stuff at the mass retailers, so can't say about the more hard core brands.

I do have a story with some polish insight. I was working at a body shop, owned by kind of a douce'. HE was complaining to his buddy about how the highly expensive german polish that only used to be available at beverly hills auto accessories doesn't seem to be as good lately since the price went down. In truth the brand name built up enough to get a distributor that could place them in the mass market with mass market prices and profits. A guy that knew the cost well but struggled with value, he had a lot of dark days .
Old 05-27-2016, 06:14 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

The secret of life is to be happy...So, what ever makes you happy is fine with me. I know what makes me happy.

I know what makes my car look wet. IM too sick to do my car every day or every week, or every month.

Pretty shiny even in the shade... not bad for 17 years, 100,000 + miles. Taken 2 days ago.. No prep. just pulled out of the garage to show the passenger side quarter panel, for another thread.

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 05-27-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:04 PM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 148 Posts

also ok to use on C7 right? before I always use it on cars with metal body.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:46 AM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by cessna10
Just a recommendation, over the year's I have used about 10 different
liquid detailers's. Recently purchased Meguiar's premium quik detailer at advance auto. This is absolutely the best shine I have ever had on any car. It is better than after I wax it. I don't know
what is in it but nothing I have used compares to this product.
Check out Adams brand glaze. Wipe on, allow haze, buff off by hand. Whole car done in ten minutes. Looks like sex.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:10 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by okaythen
also ok to use on C7 right? before I always use it on cars with metal body.
Yes it is ok to use on a C7. For that matter it's ok other use on C1 thru C7
Old 06-12-2017, 11:42 AM
'Shifter
Thoroughly chapped
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 409 Likes on 327 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
NCM Member '09

Use it, like it!
Old 06-12-2017, 02:46 PM
JohnnyDee
Burning Brakes

Received 191 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2019 C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist

Just stopped by Wally World and they have 2 different kinds of Meguiar's detailer. 1 is Gold Class high gloss premium quick detailer, the other is Ultimate quick detailer. Is one better than the other and how do they compare with Adam's detail spray?
Old 06-12-2017, 03:13 PM
RVETTE42
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 65 Posts

Meguires ultimate detailer is a very good product for quick clean up without streaks.I also like the premium waterless car wash spray by Megquires.How ever I find the Meguires reg quick detailer to cause streaking.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:33 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Adams glaze is as good as Tusc describes, but it is wipe on, so if you're looking for a spray the pic shows what I now use. I saw it at a paint care seminar and was impressed. After using it, I'm even more so.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:28 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

I have to admit I was a little skeptical but I bought some of Meguiars Kwik Detailer a few months ago and was really surprised at how well it worked.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:41 PM
f5joe
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

New to this ............... Can Meguier's Ultimate Quik Detailer be used on top of ceramic coatings? Thanks
Old 07-07-2019, 01:04 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,221 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Originally Posted by f5joe
New to this ............... Can Meguier's Ultimate Quik Detailer be used on top of ceramic coatings? Thanks
Using any quick detail spray on your ceramic coating pretty much defeats the benefits of a ceramic coating. Nothing is as glossy and hydrophobic as a ceramic coating. Therefore, anything you put on top changes the characteristics of the coating. Meaning, your paint will be less glossy and less hydrophobic. You shouldn't need to do anything to a coated car besides washing with ceramic coating-friendly soaps.

That being said, there are some ceramic coating-friendly "topper" sprays on the market that you may use. They are actually infused with SiO2, so they work well. Just be VERY careful when you apply them. Only use the BEST microfiber towels, and apply the sprays very carefully. You don't want to put swirls or micro-scratches in your ceramic coating. They won't be as easy to fix versus a car that is waxed or sealed. In most cases, the entire panel has to be stripped, polished, and have more coating applied.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:11 AM
f5joe
Advanced

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
Using any quick detail spray on your ceramic coating pretty much defeats the benefits of a ceramic coating. Nothing is as glossy and hydrophobic as a ceramic coating. Therefore, anything you put on top changes the characteristics of the coating. Meaning, your paint will be less glossy and less hydrophobic. You shouldn't need to do anything to a coated car besides washing with ceramic coating-friendly soaps.

That being said, there are some ceramic coating-friendly "topper" sprays on the market that you may use. They are actually infused with SiO2, so they work well. Just be VERY careful when you apply them. Only use the BEST microfiber towels, and apply the sprays very carefully. You don't want to put swirls or micro-scratches in your ceramic coating. They won't be as easy to fix versus a car that is waxed or sealed. In most cases, the entire panel has to be stripped, polished, and have more coating applied.
Thank you very, very much!

I purchased a used car that had just been ceramic coated.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:23 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by f5joe
Thank you very, very much!

I purchased a used car that had just been ceramic coated.
The cheapest safe solution is to use Mother's CMX Ceramic Spray as an occasional topper after a wash. However, I recommend finding out exactly which brand and formula of ceramic coating was applied to the car. Most of the ceramic coating companies will either have their own ceramic spray detailer, or they can at least recommend one that is compatible with their coating. You might as well use exactly what the coating company suggests.

Get notified of new replies

To Meguiar's Premium Quik Detailer

Old 07-07-2019, 01:43 PM
glbeauchamp
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 211 Posts

As long as we are on the subject, I bought some ceramic spray wax. I haven't used it yet but it just seems too easy. Wash car, spray on, rinse off. How does a person assure it covers completely? And do you have to strip the old wax etc off for it to be effective?
Old 07-07-2019, 04:45 PM
f5joe
Advanced

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
The cheapest safe solution is to use Mother's CMX Ceramic Spray as an occasional topper after a wash. However, I recommend finding out exactly which brand and formula of ceramic coating was applied to the car. Most of the ceramic coating companies will either have their own ceramic spray detailer, or they can at least recommend one that is compatible with their coating. You might as well use exactly what the coating company suggests.
Will be calling the original detailer tomorrow. Thanks to all of you!
The following users liked this post:
FYRARMS (07-07-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 04:59 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp
As long as we are on the subject, I bought some ceramic spray wax. I haven't used it yet but it just seems too easy. Wash car, spray on, rinse off. How does a person assure it covers completely? And do you have to strip the old wax etc off for it to be effective?
If it is the Meg's or the 303 ceramic spray wax, the first time you apply it is different than the "spray on rinse off" method. That is what you do for the next applications. The water spreads the product around as you rinse it off. It works okay, but many guys just apply it like a normal detail spray and spread it out with a microfiber towel before rinsing. That ensures good coverage.

You don't have to strip off old wax, but it is recommended. You want the most durable product on bare paint. Putting a ceramic spray on top of a wax means it will only last as long as the wax does, which usually isn't very long.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Premium Quik Detailer