Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Should I Try Next? (P1415)

Old 05-27-2016, 06:41 PM
Covious
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Should I Try Next? (P1415)

I've done numerous searches on the issue of the p1415 code, the driver side air injection system. and apart from replacing the check valve, I haven't seen any fixes to address the issue.

I bought the car in California, and proceeded to drive it 720ish miles to Utah in a day. I made a few stops, but it was trouble-free. I drove it to work and back for a few days, and about 20 minutes into my drive home , I got the CEL , which I checked , and it was the P1415 code. I looked it up and found the fix, had the valve changed, and life was good. about 2-3 days of daily driving (~50mi) later, it popped up again, so i just reset it , and another 2-3 days later, has popped up again.

I checked the hoses, didn't see any obvious cracks or holes. I pulled off the metal hose from valve to manifold and it was clear, and I tested the valve, and it operates as intended.

The path I've been going down gives me some possible reasons:
-Driver side 02
-Flash metal on the manifold causing some impedence to air flow (The car does have Dougs shorty headers on it)
-Battery (only 1 yr old, but Powertron brand?)

Any input on other things that might be the case would be great, I just dont want to throw parts at it blindly.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:38 PM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-or-p1416.html
Old 05-27-2016, 10:00 PM
SuperTom
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

I just removed the damn AIR system and got it tuned out when I did my mail order tune $150

Get notified of new replies

To What Should I Try Next? (P1415)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Should I Try Next? (P1415)