Sponsored by:

The greatest parking spot

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 06:06 PM
C5RClone
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Default The greatest parking spot

A bank closed just across from my gym so it's a good walk but I'm going to the gym anyway. No chance of some POS parking really close which is what usually happens even when there are plenty of open spaces.

Last edited by C5RClone; 06-28-2016 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Wrong picture
Old 06-28-2016, 06:13 PM
C5RClone
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Plus it's in the shade in SW Florida in the summer.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:29 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

And the winner for ultimate d bag goes to ^^^^^
Old 06-28-2016, 06:39 PM
El original
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

Best enjoy it...wont be forever! Now if you could get a few other Corvette buddies to join you (or other sports car fans) it would be fantastic.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:00 PM
'Shifter
Thoroughly chapped
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 409 Likes on 327 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
NCM Member '09

You may be surprised, people suck...
Old 06-28-2016, 08:41 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,233 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by chassed
And the winner for ultimate d bag goes to ^^^^^
Really no need for that comment. Nothing wrong with taking advantage of a good parking spot.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:58 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

Until someone checking the property has it towed.

Good spot though.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:09 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 534 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by 91LSMAN
Until someone checking the property has it towed.

Good spot though.
Being maybe a bit paranoid... this was exactly my first thought. Unlikely to happen, but I'd be worried the entire time. Somebody still owns the site.
The following users liked this post:
funx600 (06-29-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 09:31 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by grantv
Being maybe a bit paranoid... this was exactly my first thought. Unlikely to happen, but I'd be worried the entire time. Somebody still owns the site.
I thought the same, my best spot is in my garage
Old 06-28-2016, 09:56 PM
williame3590
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

It's like the only apple on the tree, something will happen if it is parked there long enough.

Bill
Old 06-28-2016, 10:50 PM
jjaaam
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts

It's a good spot but personally I wouldn't do it. Seems to me that things happen when you draw attention to yourself...like double parking...or anything that makes it stand out.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:07 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by jjaaam
It's a good spot but personally I wouldn't do it. Seems to me that things happen when you draw attention to yourself...like double parking...or anything that makes it stand out.
That is one of the things so wrong about having a nice car, in a spot where it is not hurting anything and some nutcase will come along and key it
Old 06-29-2016, 02:17 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

Sometimes I just drive my other car depending on where I'm going. It's just one less thing I have to worry about. It may seem like a good idea to you, but someone else somewhere will think it's not.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:52 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

Sure beats a Walmart parking lot.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:41 AM
Shirl
Safety Car

Received 1,576 Likes on 663 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by runner140*
Sure beats a Walmart parking lot.
That's for sure! I went there yesterday and made sure I parked away from everyone and left 2 spaces on the sides of the car when along comes a huge Lincoln Continental who parks on my passenger side door. I sit in the car and wait. The guy throws his door open narrowly missing my passenger door and keeps pushing on his door to get his big butt out of the car. I look over, quickly start my car and pull forward fast. Eventually I casually get out of the car and the guy yells "sorry I came within 1" of your door!" I keep walking across the parking lot and ignore him pretending not to hear. Then I hear him say it again! "Hey lady!! I'm sorry I came within 1" of your door!!" So I then turn and say "oh, that's ok" as politely as possible. Then he says... "it should be!!"

Now I'm like what is this guys problem? So, as calmly as possible, I say "I don't want my door slammed and I was giving you room". Then he says something else to egg me on... So I go about my way (keeping an eye on my car in the whole idiotic process). The guy was sort of demented, maybe rode the short bus as a kid, with some kind of knee bands on. I really didn't want a confrontation. Just didn't want my car damaged. Maybe that was asking too much?? Btw, this wasn't even the Corvette. This was my UV Blue Eclipse which I keep in beautiful shape (for the past 10 years).

The car this person was driving (if you can imagine) was a big old rusty gray Lincoln with bumper stickers on the back and fishing poles sticking out the windows. I'm not sure if the guy even had teeth but something wasn't quite right with him. He knew he almost hit my car and then got angry when I pulled forward. Only at WALMART !!
Old 06-29-2016, 02:40 PM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Shirl
That's for sure! I went there yesterday and made sure I parked away from everyone and left 2 spaces on the sides of the car when along comes a huge Lincoln Continental who parks on my passenger side door. I sit in the car and wait. The guy throws his door open narrowly missing my passenger door and keeps pushing on his door to get his big butt out of the car. I look over, quickly start my car and pull forward fast. Eventually I casually get out of the car and the guy yells "sorry I came within 1" of your door!" I keep walking across the parking lot and ignore him pretending not to hear. Then I hear him say it again! "Hey lady!! I'm sorry I came within 1" of your door!!" So I then turn and say "oh, that's ok" as politely as possible. Then he says... "it should be!!"

Now I'm like what is this guys problem? So, as calmly as possible, I say "I don't want my door slammed and I was giving you room". Then he says something else to egg me on... So I go about my way (keeping an eye on my car in the whole idiotic process). The guy was sort of demented, maybe rode the short bus as a kid, with some kind of knee bands on. I really didn't want a confrontation. Just didn't want my car damaged. Maybe that was asking too much?? Btw, this wasn't even the Corvette. This was my UV Blue Eclipse which I keep in beautiful shape (for the past 10 years).

The car this person was driving (if you can imagine) was a big old rusty gray Lincoln with bumper stickers on the back and fishing poles sticking out the windows. I'm not sure if the guy even had teeth but something wasn't quite right with him. He knew he almost hit my car and then got angry when I pulled forward. Only at WALMART !!
If I use the Vette, I try to park off in the far corner somewhere. At least the large economy sized Walmart people won't park there as they could not make it into the store without taking a rest break. Last thing I want is some guy with an attitude in his beaten up POS anywhere near me.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:06 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by jjaaam
Like, a bright yellow paint job?

Get notified of new replies

To The greatest parking spot

Old 06-29-2016, 08:01 PM
Rico7142
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 340 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by Shirl

Some people

Thats crazy
Old 06-29-2016, 09:18 PM
Mickeyrx70
Melting Slicks

Received 680 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by Rico7142
Some people

Thats crazy

They're everywhere!
Old 06-29-2016, 09:51 PM
EVs_C5