Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light Flashing..P0300 Code..

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 11:45 AM
DA1984VETTE
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Check Engine Light Flashing..P0300 Code..

I was driving yesterday car started running really bad and rough idle when at stop. I checked the codes and got the P0300 which I knew from checking is a misfire. I unhooked each fuel injector individually and the only one that seemed to have any effect on the engine while running was the first one on drivers side which would be #1 cylinder. The others seemed to have no effect. Would I be right in saying that this injector would be the cause of my problems? Any input would be appreciated..I did post in tech..
Old 07-14-2016, 11:59 AM
not2old
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DA1984VETTE
I was driving yesterday car started running really bad and rough idle when at stop. I checked the codes and got the P0300 which I knew from checking is a misfire. I unhooked each fuel injector individually and the only one that seemed to have any effect on the engine while running was the first one on drivers side which would be #1 cylinder. The others seemed to have no effect. Would I be right in saying that this injector would be the cause of my problems? Any input would be appreciated..I did post in tech..
I don't think I'm understanding something. Eliminating spark or fuel to a cylinder will change the idle if that cylinder was functioning properly. When you find a cylinder that makes no difference, you found the bad wire, plug, coil, injector, etc. If none made a difference except for number 1, it would seem the motor is running on 1 cylinder. I don't think that's the case!

Did you just fill up ?
Old 07-14-2016, 12:13 PM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by DA1984VETTE
It would appear that is the cylinder that is throwing the P0300 code, but it might not be injector? Could be a number of things...
As mentioned above it might be bad gas...
I'd try a can of Seafoam and see if it helps...

P0300 is random/multiple misfire.

You may want to try a good OBDII code scanner to get the freeze frame data (conditions when it sets the code)

Random misfires that jump around from one cylinder to another (P030x codes) also will set a P0300 code. The underlying cause is often a lean fuel condition, which may be due to a vacuum leak in the intake manifold or unmetered air getting past the airflow sensor, or an EGR valve that is stuck open.

Other things to check...
coil packs
injectors
vacuum leak/s

Even more things to check...
oxygen sensor/s
cat/s
valves
pcm

Last edited by 73Corvette; 07-14-2016 at 12:21 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Check Engine Light Flashing..P0300 Code..

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light Flashing..P0300 Code..